Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwaldron

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
No airprinters found

Hiya Guys,
For the life of me I just cannot get this to work.
I have followed instructions carefully but at no point does my iphone find any printers. (using windows 7 32Bit)

This may be a silly question but does the printer have to be Physically connected ( eg via USB cable ) to the PC that has airprint installed.
My PC that has airprint installed has network printers installed via a print server.
Should this solution also work in my case..
I've read other users where ok with network printers ?

Any ideas please.

Ray

jawful

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
Hi.
I was a print using the AirPrint.exe in Windows.
However, there is a problem you have upgraded to iOS7.
I can no longer print Japanese.

Is there a solution something?
I'm sure you noticed, but with iOS update 7.0.3, this problem was fixed and now Japanese prints fine!!

I'm still having a problem printing landscape from Pages though.

----------

Hiya Guys,
For the life of me I just cannot get this to work.
I have followed instructions carefully but at no point does my iphone find any printers. (using windows 7 32Bit)

This may be a silly question but does the printer have to be Physically connected ( eg via USB cable ) to the PC that has airprint installed.
My PC that has airprint installed has network printers installed via a print server.
Should this solution also work in my case..
I've read other users where ok with network printers ?

Any ideas please.

Ray
We use a network printer and it works alright. If you can set up the printer as a shared printer, then you're ok.

Make sure the Bonjour service is not being blocked by your firewall. That will cause it to not show up.

rwaldron

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
I'm sure you noticed, but with iOS update 7.0.3, this problem was fixed and now Japanese prints fine!!

I'm still having a problem printing landscape from Pages though.

----------

We use a network printer and it works alright. If you can set up the printer as a shared printer, then you're ok.

Make sure the Bonjour service is not being blocked by your firewall. That will cause it to not show up.

Hiya,
I have installed airprint on my windows 7 desktop PC.
The printers that show up on my desktop are already shared via a print server.
Do I need to share this printer again using my desktop ?
I tried this but still not printers show up on IPad?

Håkan Carlström

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2013
AirPrint from IOS7-devices, solution (?)

Hi.

At last I made AirPrint work with IOS 7-devices.

I'm using Windows XP and a Dlink Router 605L

• Follow the instructions on http://www.airprintactivation.com/
  • Activate "Sharing" for your printer
  • Add an exception for C:\Program Files\AirPrint\airprint.exe in the Windows-firewall.
  • Add an "Application rules" for port 6631 in your router.
  • You may have to supply your user- or admin password the first time you are printing to your printer.

I hope this will help others.

Yours Håkan Carlström

purpletechnician.se

jacbrooks

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
My printer suddenly disappeared. I got it re-enabled by going into Bonjour Printer Wizard and re-sharing the shared printer. Now my printer shows again on my ipad.

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 841
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 498

KCD

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2013
I must be stupid, but...

The very last part of the "Read Me" file attached to the download says, "You’ll see a username and password box. Enter in the appropriate information here and hit OK.." I have every thing set up properly, guest activated, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what password and username to input. I've tried several and all are rejected. Could someone please give me some guidance?

Thanks,

KCD

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
The very last part of the "Read Me" file attached to the download says, "You’ll see a username and password box. Enter in the appropriate information here and hit OK.." I have every thing set up properly, guest activated, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what password and username to input. I've tried several and all are rejected. Could someone please give me some guidance?

Thanks,

KCD

It should be the password for your windows login account. Now on my computer the account name is Husain S but for this it just accepts Husain as the user name. Took me forever to figure this out.

This AirPrint Installer v1.4 Installer download is from AnonFiles.com, It fixes issues from v1.3.

I no longer develop this installer.

Thanks. That worked like a charm.

Last edited:

hunnypuppy

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2014
AirPrint v1.4 for iOS6 and iOS7

Okay here's version 1.4 which works out of the box for me on Windows 7 with iOS6 and iOS7

https://anonfiles.com/file/bcba2a65999e0e5914d674255b1c5e80

*V.2 now supports both 32/64Bit* Working on iOS 6
(Download source link no longer works and has been removed from this post, download the attached .zip file below as an alternative!)

Hello :D,

The program “AirPrint Installer” enabled windows users to install the AirPrint service. This allowed iOS devices to print to shared printers on the network, via AirPrint, that don't natively support it. However, iOS 5 broke this neat windows service.

I have made two .reg files (32/64Bit) to fix the AirPrint service, allowing iOS 5.x devices to use AirPrint through a Windows PC. I have attached a zip file containing both .reg fixes and the installer.

Instructions:

After extraction you should have three files:
- "AirPrint_Installer.exe"
- "AirPrint iOS 5 FIX - 32Bit.reg"
- "AirPrint iOS 5 FIX - 64Bit.reg"

1. Run "AirPrint_Installer.exe" and then click on "Install AirPrint Service".

2. Run the "AirPrint iOS 5 FIX - 32Bit.reg" or "AirPrint iOS 5 FIX - 64Bit.reg" to install the iOS 5 fix (Choose the correct file for you operating system, 32 Bit or 64 Bit Windows).

3. Go back to "AirPrint_Installer.exe", make sure "Service Startup" is set to "Auto" and click "Start".

4. Restart computer.

If there is a locked icon next to the printer on the iOS device enable the guest account in windows (Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Another Account > Turn the Guest Account on). Then in the "AirPrint_Installer.exe" choose to use Guest Account Auth and tick the "Enable Guest Account" box. Then click "Update". You will then need to restart. If you want windows to automatically log you in on startup, type "netplwiz" into the start menu search box, hit enter. Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”, and then hit Apply. You’ll see a username and password box. Enter in the appropriate information here and hit OK..

I hope people will find this helpful, please spread the word...

Thanks,

JasonHD :)

Credits for the Installer .exe file go to http://www.elpamsoft.com/

Attachments

• AirPrint v1.4.zip
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 1,728

Armrs

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
I can get this working when I have the printer connected to, & shared, on a Windows computer.

But I can't get it working when I have my printer connected to my Router via USB. It's set up as a printer server & works on PCs, but not the iDevices... Can I get my iDevices to recognize it when it's set up like this?

MeMyself-I

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2014
Windows domain with lock and no prompts.

I am so close to making this work.

I can see the printers on the iPads, they have the lock icons next to all of them. When I click on the lock I get a spinner for about two minutes, then it just goes back to the lock icon. There is no password prompt.

Does anyone know what the last small step I must be missing is?

(The guest account is not an option, and checking both "private" and "public" on AirPrint, Bonjour, and Bonjour Service did not have any affect.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

GeorgM

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2014
Didn't worked with Win 7 64 & ios6 . iPad says "airprint printer not found" . Earlier tried it with Win7-32 , worked OK ! How do I uninstall everything airprint to try installing again ?

MeMyself-I

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2014
Didn't worked with Win 7 64 & ios6 . iPad says "airprint printer not found" . Earlier tried it with Win7-32 , worked OK ! How do I uninstall everything airprint to try installing again ?

I do not imagine it is too hard to remove. If I wanted to start over from scratch I would:
First, make sure to stop the AirPrint service and remove it:
1) Click on the [Start] button then, in the search field, type "CMD" (no quotes). When you see the CMD near the top right-click on it and select "Run as Adminstrator"
2) In the CMD window that should now be open type (again, without the quotes) "sc.exe stop airprint" then "sc.exe delete airprint".

Second, locate the AirPrint folder on your (most likely) c: drive. There are really only 3 places you should have to look -if you did a standard install / followed instructions "to a tee".
1: C:\AirPrint
2: C:\Program Files\AirPrint
Or 3: C:\Program Files (x86)\AirPrint.

When you find the AirPrint service Delete it.

Lastly, if you only installed Bonjour or iTunes to provide support for AirPrint uninstall them, as well.

dafstiff

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
Thanks for this solution.
I installed Bonjour-service only on my Win2003 server (32bits) and then the Airprinter.
Not happy with the administratour account as user to connect with I opened a DOS_box and went to the installation directory (Mostly: C:\Program Files\AirPrint).
I gave the command >Airprint /?
to see which options are available.
I used the "Airprint -a [username]:[password]" (Username and password are domain users on the server) and ignored some error messages.
On my iPhone I use now the given username and password combination to connect to the printer.

On my Iphone I have iOS 7.1

Regards,

Arnold

johpg

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2014
I have Airprint installed successfully and can see my shared printers on my iPad.

However a username & password is required to print.

My Windows account is an admin account but has no password.
Just entering my account username with no password does not work.

What do I use when my user account has no password?

johpg

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2014
I have Airprint installed successfully and can see my shared printers on my iPad.

However a username & password is required to print.

My Windows account is an admin account but has no password.
Just entering my account username with no password does not work.

What do I use when my user account has no password?

Fixed - I forgot to read the flaming manual!

I enabled the Guest account via the Control Panel, restarted the computer and now can print successfully from my iPad without having to type a username & password.

doctorveg

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2014
still trying.

So...I followed all instructions for my win XP -ios 7 ipad network. I see the printer, it takes the print command ( no lock seen), and it starts to downlaod and tick off page number count. However, once completed, I get a message saying printer is offline. I checked the print queue in windows, and the printer is on-line, and there is no queue of unprinted documents.
Any ideas?
Doc v
:(

Zaphire D'fox

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
Portland, OR
Printers Disappear

I've installed the 1.4 version on a 2008 SBS server and it works great... but only for a short time. I have to restart the service now and then to get the printer to show up. I can't seem to find any reason for this. There are no errors or logs to look at that may answer this as far as I can tell. I've even tried running both Bonjour and Airprint manually (disabled services first) from an elevated command prompt and still have the same problem. Any thoughts?

yohodog

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2014
So easy, yet took so long to find the solution.

Thanks JasonHD for providing the solution to the dreaded lock on iphone print screen problem. I have been searching for the solution for quite a while and all it took was to enable the guest account. Nothing else was required for me to be able to print from my iphone.

jnp

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2014
Hey I got som problems with the airprint. after I start the service and its running and working, after like 10-15 mins I cant see the printers I have shared any more, do any people know what can cause that ?

MajorHavoc

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2012
Anyone getting this to work on iOS 8?

I have iOS 8 on my iPhone and several tablets and it is still working just fine for me. The only think I notice on iOS 8 is that the default printer is not saved, so I have to select the airprint printer each time.

kkauffman

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2015
Lets open the chapter on Airprint on Windows 10.

I have downloaded both the 1.3 and 1.4 versions of Airprint. I have removed and re-installed the service probably 10 times at this point...trying the Enable Guest (on the 1.3 version--it's not in 1.4).

I have verified that I have enabled the Guest account, which for Windows 10 is a little tricky, but this page gives you 4 ways to do it.

I have rebooted probably 10 times as well. I have the printer shared. I have even added the Guest account to the printer share security and gave it, as well as the everyone group, full control over the printer.

No matter what I do, I see my printer listed in IOS, but I still get the LOCK next to the printer and cannot remove it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.