Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
i want to go through a few folders of PDF files while on a plane with no wifi and delete some, move some files and annotate on others and have all of this synch with Dropbox when I get internet again. How can I read them offline, annotate some, and what is the best way to move some to a read folder or indicate that I reviewed them?

Thanks.

UserName

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2004
Select the PDFs within the Dropbox App and add them to your favourites. They will now be available offline :)

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I'm using Readdle Documents (free) with their PDF Expert (€ 10).
You can download files from Dropbox and other services right onto your iPad, they'll automatically open in PDF Expert.
Great tools to annotate, you can even add a list of things you changed while exporting.
Documents is a nice file manager, you can drag and drop your annotated pdf documents to where you need them, eventually back to Dropbox.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Jan 26, 2009
I'm using Readdle Documents (free) with their PDF Expert (€ 10).
You can download files from Dropbox and other services right onto your iPad, they'll automatically open in PDF Expert.
Great tools to annotate, you can even add a list of things you changed while exporting.
Documents is a nice file manager, you can drag and drop your annotated pdf documents to where you need them, eventually back to Dropbox.

Happy you enjoy our apps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.