Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wanderinglight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Hi there. I resisted as long as I could before updating to ios 7. I have an iphone 4S.

I have a little issue that's driving me crazy. There is a blank bar across the bottom of the screen now (the color changes depending on what type of photo is selected for the Home Screen wallpaper). How can I remove it and have my photo fill in the whole screen?

I can't figure out what the bar is for. It is the location where the running apps used to line up so you could close out of them, back before I updated, but now when you click the home button twice it opens them up separately...I don't really understand the purpose of the bar now.

See photo of the stupid bar. Can anyone help?

Oh and bonus points if anyone can tell me how to select the background color for the folders that contains the apps. The auto colors selected are giving me a headache because they are too light.

thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3gxkggmn0zobd8/2014-05-23 12.54.02.png

Attachments

• 2014-05-23 12.54.02.png
    2014-05-23 12.54.02.png
    1 MB · Views: 12,445

wanderinglight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I don't know why no apps are in it

I have several apps open, but they don't appear down there. Not sure why but it's annoying as h.

chances14

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
that's your app dock, where you can put the apps that you use a lot for quick access. you can't remove it

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I agree - How did you empty that bottom dock area?
I expect there may be other folks that might want to know how, too.
(but, then you get to keep the blank bar, which as you can see, keeps the background color, depending on the image used.

Maybe a backup & restore will bring those icons back (?)

chances14

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
I agree - How did you empty that bottom dock area?
I expect there may be other folks that might want to know how, too.
(but, then you get to keep the blank bar, which as you can see, keeps the background color, depending on the image used.

it's not hard. just drag the apps out of the dock and onto one of the homescreens

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
springtomize has a transparency dock option. i'm sure there's specific tweaks that do the same though

*whoops nevermind i thought i was in the jailbreak forum

13Dude31

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2018
Hi there. I resisted as long as I could before updating to ios 7. I have an iphone 4S.

I have a little issue that's driving me crazy. There is a blank bar across the bottom of the screen now (the color changes depending on what type of photo is selected for the Home Screen wallpaper). How can I remove it and have my photo fill in the whole screen?

I can't figure out what the bar is for. It is the location where the running apps used to line up so you could close out of them, back before I updated, but now when you click the home button twice it opens them up separately...I don't really understand the purpose of the bar now.

See photo of the stupid bar. Can anyone help?

Oh and bonus points if anyone can tell me how to select the background color for the folders that contains the apps. The auto colors selected are giving me a headache because they are too light.

thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3gxkggmn0zobd8/2014-05-23 12.54.02.png
[doublepost=1527173127][/doublepost]I never had this damn bar b4. I just added a photo to home screen and this grey tray destroys my photo. Apple. Get your xxxx together and allow use full use of the GD phones we paid for.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
[doublepost=1527173127][/doublepost]I never had this damn bar b4. I just added a photo to home screen and this grey tray destroys my photo. Apple. Get your xxxx together and allow use full use of the GD phones we paid for.
Are you talking about the dock? That's basically something that's always been there.

If it's gray suddenly instead of a color that is more fitting with the background, you might want to check the "reduce transparency" option in the "increase contrast" section of the accessibility area of settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.