Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navneet86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2021
Hi People,

I am using an Iphone XR. Till Sep 2020 all my contacts used to be saved only to my Iphone (No Cloud or email syncing). Hence any backup and restore would get me my contacts back to my new phone.

In Sep 2020, I joined a new company and started using my official email which was powered by Gmail and I dont know when my contacts started syncing with it. I recently quit the company and after my email was deactivated, I removed the account and then I realized that I all my contacts from last 4 months are gone. Fortunately I took a backup before deleting the Official gmail account and upon restoring I get my contacts back, but As the account is deactivated, I have to delete it from my phone.

But before I do that, I need to save all the contacts permanently to my Iphone and then only I would delete that email account. I do not want to sync the contacts with another email account or cloud due to some reasons and want to keep all on my phone only.

Please note that I cannot toggle between the Contacts in Email settings as it is greyed out and my password isn't working because of the deactivated email. But until that deactivated email stays on my phone, my phone shows all the contacts.

Can someone help me with this.

Best Regards.

camilasaunder89

Suspended
Aug 12, 2020
  1. Open your iPhone or iPad's Settings app.
  2. Tap Accounts & Passwords Add Account. Google.
  3. Enter your email and password.
  4. Tap Next.
  5. Switch "Contacts" on.
  6. At the top, tap Save.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
See if you can export them out of gmail as a vCard then email that card to your iPhone. Tap on the attachment and you should be able to import those into the internal phone storage. Disable anything gmail at that time.

Reactions: hatchettjack

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
  1. Open your iPhone or iPad's Settings app.
  2. Tap Accounts & Passwords Add Account. Google.
  3. Enter your email and password.
  4. Tap Next.
  5. Switch "Contacts" on.
  6. At the top, tap Save.

That doesn’t save to the phone storage after disabling gmail does it?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
There are apps in the App Store that will export your contacts. I've used free ones successfully in the past for this but I'm not sure which app to recommend currently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.