Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Ok so I want to set a reminder for a meeting using the reminder app. How do i then get that reminder to appear in my calendar app as well????

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Ok so I want to set a reminder for a meeting using the reminder app. How do i then get that reminder to appear in my calendar app as well????

For meetings and ongoing reminders, I use Calendar. I tend to use Reminders for one off things.

Not sure if what you are wanting to do is possible. Perhaps someone can help you further.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Yeah I was having this discussion with my girlfriend. Perhaps reminders are for different types of 'reminders'. But you can put in times and dates, which to me seems like it "should" integrate with calendar....

anvikapur

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012

Tap the + sign in the upper right corner to add a reminder.
After you add the reminder, click Done in the upper right hand corner. Or just clicking Return on the keyboard will complete the reminder as well.

Next tap on the reminder you just created in order to enter the settings for it. By default reminders won't notify you and function like a checklist of sorts. To change that, tap on the Remind Me option.

You'll have two options to set a notification. On a Day or At a Location. Since we want to set a time based reminder, select the On a Day option.
Simply select the date and time you'd like to be reminded and click Done in the upper right hand corner.
That's it!

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Tap the + sign in the upper right corner to add a reminder.
After you add the reminder, click Done in the upper right hand corner. Or just clicking Return on the keyboard will complete the reminder as well.

Next tap on the reminder you just created in order to enter the settings for it. By default reminders won't notify you and function like a checklist of sorts. To change that, tap on the Remind Me option.

You'll have two options to set a notification. On a Day or At a Location. Since we want to set a time based reminder, select the On a Day option.
Simply select the date and time you'd like to be reminded and click Done in the upper right hand corner.
That's it!

Thanks for the help anvikapur, but that still doesnt show the reminder in calendar.

Reactions: PeterJH3

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the help anvikapur, but that still doesnt show the reminder in calendar.

You can't, it's not the functionality of reminders. Like someone else said, it's more for one off "oh I need to remember to do that later" kinds of things. It can remind you at a certain time or when you get to a certain place, and if it's set by time it will show up on your notification center 24 hours prior to the event.

You're better off just adding it straight to Calendar.

HEISTY

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
ready for update now!!!

I understand that these are two separate things. But as much as I love my Mac this would be something that would help tremendously. Please Apple, send me an update to include the reminders in the calendar view!

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Astrid seems to be gone. Any other apps that allow you to show reminders on a calendar?

guipiqui

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2017

The version 9.0 of Calendar really helps doing that by sharing the notes you have inserted in any specific event. It is really useful to add notes in the Reminders.

I do not know if it is possible to do it the other way around.

ramon.vermij

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2018
I struggled here as well,

try "24me" free and very convenient.
Only Smartphone app it seems there's no desktop version on this one.
[doublepost=1524226700][/doublepost]A
The version 9.0 of Calendar really helps doing that by sharing the notes you have inserted in any specific event. It is really useful to add notes in the Reminders.

I do not know if it is possible to do it the other way around.
re you sure?
I tried in Calendar to create a new event, but I see no way to make it appear in Reminders as well... So the issue is still unresolved....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Only Smartphone app it seems there's no desktop version on this one.
[doublepost=1524226700][/doublepost]A

re you sure?
I tried in Calendar to create a new event, but I see no way to make it appear in Reminders as well... So the issue is still unresolved....
The calendar can already remind you of an event, so what would be the use of having a separate reminder for calendar events (which can already alert you)?

ramon.vermij

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2018
The idea is that if we give a Reminder a date, it would also show up in Calendar so that there one has overview on all ongoing activities/deadlines and such.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The idea is that if we give a Reminder a date, it would also show up in Calendar so that there one has overview on all ongoing activities/deadlines and such.
I see. That sounds somewhat different than what was originally brought up in the thread. For something like that you might need a different app, like Fantastical or something similar.

ramon.vermij

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2018
I see. That sounds somewhat different than what was originally brought up in the thread. For something like that you might need a different app, like Fantastical or something similar.
I have been looking into Fantastical. Does you know anything about this? Because somehow the Reminders panel stays empty... It's neighter importing existing ones and when making a new reminder it does not show up either...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have been looking into Fantastical. Does you know anything about this? Because somehow the Reminders panel stays empty... It's neighter importing existing ones and when making a new reminder it does not show up either...
I think you have to let the app access Reminders on your device, but I'm not completely certain as I don't use that app. You might try checking on their site, like at https://flexibits.com/fantastical-iphone/faq and/or looking for some Fantastical threads here at MacRumors in case they might have some more information. (And there are likely other similar apps that might offer something like that too, perhaps even something better.)

Ted A. Campbell

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2020
I have to agree on the need for seeing Calendar evests and reminders in the same place, "synoptically." One of the real problems in calendaring and event scheduling is that if some kinds of events are in one calendar and some kinds of events/reminders are in another calendar, we'll see ony a portion of what a day looks like as a whole. I had been using a third-party app (Wunderlist) athat has now died, and I don't want to go to a third-party app. Apple has everything necessary to make these work together. So just do it.

Reactions: jagooch

LuizSiqueiraNeto

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
I know that in MacOS it is possible to make an AppleScript for this, I already did. Probably you can do using Siri Shortcut an automation that allows you to create and update events in the calendar for each date and time reminder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.