Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrsower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
I have a Problem I can’t find an answer to, maybe some of the experts on here can help me?

I have an external hard drive with hundreds of images that I want to back up and upload to Icloud. The problem is that the images are in dozens upon dozens of separate folders. I can upload them if I dig way down into the folders and sub folders and then upload the files. This will take me days.

is their any way I can upload all the folders and just have the images backed up that way? I’m stuck. Thanks in Advance.

jrsower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Thank you. I’m not sure I understand. When I open iCloud.com in my browser, I click on photos, then I click on the upload photos icon at the top. It opens up a finder window that I can then access my external hard drive through...but it won’t let me select a folder. the “choose” option stays grayed out until I navigate all the way down to an individual photo. Is there another way for me to upload to iCloud that allows me to just upload the uppermost folder? Thanks again.

hansdieter9999hans

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2020
Thank you. I’m not sure I understand. When I open iCloud.com in my browser, I click on photos, then I click on the upload photos icon at the top. It opens up a finder window that I can then access my external hard drive through...but it won’t let me select a folder. the “choose” option stays grayed out until I navigate all the way down to an individual photo. Is there another way for me to upload to iCloud that allows me to just upload the uppermost folder? Thanks again.

You should use iCloud for Windows, you can download it from the Apple website (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283).
After you have installed iCloud for Windows on your PC, you can log in with your Apple ID and enable iCloud Photos.
Now you have an upload folder (Computer -> iCloud Photos -> Uploads), where you can paste all your folders with pictures like "chabig" told you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.