Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Announcement coming March 26th. Anyone else excited for this? :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/huawei-p30-pro-camera-periscope-962399/amp/

36FE84A0-69A2-4399-9AE7-674E0701F94F.jpeg

Reactions: Tsepz

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
As a gadget addict of course I’m interested but I won’t buy from them. If I’m going to buy from a Chinese company, it would be OnePlus...in another couple of generations.

My husband has completely different opinions than I do on the matter, so he might actually get one that I’ll get to look at. Based on what I’ve seen from his P20Pro, they do a nice job on the cameras.

I think right now they have the best cameras from the sample photos my husband has taken to compare to the iPhone and Pixel and Samsung cameras. But sometimes their AI gets in the way a little too much for the normal everyday photos. It’s the challenging lighting conditions in which they shine.

That orange is a really interesting color. I like that Huawei is bold with color. I think they kind of lit a fire under the competition to go bolder with color, too.

I like that they’re bold in general and are inspiring Samsung to wake up and bring their A game more.

I am not sure what it will take Apple to wake up more. They got cocky about the notch taking over and are sitting back on that. With Huawei around, they can’t really afford to sit back, ever. Even if Huawei is banned from the US. We aren’t Apple’s only market or even the one they seem to care about all that much. Apple is getting its butt kicked in China. And well, that beast is why.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Most Huawei powerhouse phones have to be imported or bought via Amazon/eBay in the US, right? Did they reverse their stance on locked boot loaders? EMUI isn't my thing, but if you can get something like Lineage OS on there, it could be a better product experience IMO.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Most Huawei powerhouse phones have to be imported or bought via Amazon/eBay in the US, right? Did they reverse their stance on locked boot loaders? EMUI isn't my thing, but if you can get something like Lineage OS on there, it could be a better product experience IMO.
Yeah my husband got his from an importer on Amazon. No warranty. It's not the kind of risk either of us normally takes on our big money purchases, but I thought he deserved to have a little adventure so I gave my blessings to the idea when he first talked about getting the P20Pro. Also he spent some points he had accumulated so it wasn't that much of a cash outlay. It was a good purchase that added to our perspective as to how Apple and Samsung and Google were selling us short.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah my husband got his from an importer on Amazon. No warranty. It's not the kind of risk either of us normally takes on our big money purchases, but I thought he deserved to have a little adventure so I gave my blessings to the idea when he first talked about getting the P20Pro. Also he spent some points he had accumulated so it wasn't that much of a cash outlay. It was a good purchase that added to our perspective as to how Apple and Samsung and Google were selling us short.
It is passing of the guard in the cellphone world, Huawei with fast charge, 4000mah battery and high end camera, will definitely produce more phone than others. P30 will will give early heads up on Mate 30 with OLED screen from Samsung, will be the world beater in flagship phones.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It is passing of the guard in the cellphone world, Huawei with fast charge, 4000mah battery and high end camera, will definitely produce more phone than others. P30 will will give early heads up on Mate 30 with OLED screen from Samsung, will be the world beater in flagship phones.
I sincerely hope not.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
When I saw that crystal case I thought of someone who would adore it....
133210878.jpg

He actually was flogging that thing as a new shiney. I have to admit my inner Miss Piggy liked it. :p
[doublepost=1553610139][/doublepost]Okay he is really hard to understand so that video is hard to get through and I'm going to quit trying to watch, but just in the first couple of minutes it blows away all the presentations I've seen so far this year. They have finally stopped the copy machines and have done some actual design and engineering and it's really enviable. At least on the surface. I'll have to rely on those of you who have free market access to these devices to give us a good evaluation.
[doublepost=1553610755][/doublepost]Ach I had to look more. OMG they beat Apple to the punch! Nice looking glasses!

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Like it or not they are on the way to world's largest cell phone maker in the world. To them, the world market except US that is what counts. Their technology is so far advanced who they want to copy from?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
They aren't quite as good as Samsung just yet..

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.