Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PJM83

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Stockholm
My P30 Pro is no more, iPhone 11 Pro Max has taken its place. Still have an OP6T if the Android itch needs scratching.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
This is bad news for Huawei fans. Quite sad to see actually. What Trump is doing is actually economic terrorism

You cannot say this when the Chinese have been doing even worse things economically in their trades, especially with emerging countries.

justlexi

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2019
Several news/articles online stated that its iPhone 11 Pro is way better than Huawei P30 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S10. You should try checking the new Huawei Mate 30 if you are planning to buy a new smartphone.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Several news/articles online stated that its iPhone 11 Pro is way better than Huawei P30 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S10. You should try checking the new Huawei Mate 30 if you are planning to buy a new smartphone.
The new iPhone 11 Pro is a great smartphone although I am not sure about way better. Way better depends on what you need it for and how those features work for you. The dual Sim card feature on the Huawei P30 Pro is much better when compared to the iPhone 11 series. The Huawei P30 Pro with dual Sim features can download 2 apps meaning 1 for each Sim card number where the iPhone can not do that. Not only that but it runs like a MacBook Pro alloiwing two different passwords for two different people to log into. Essentially you get 2 phones for the price of 1 ;)

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
So I have an XR, and thinking of buying the p30 pro so my question is it worth the change ? Is the EMUI kinda like iOS? Tbh it’s for the camera more than anything but want to know what the software is like. Thanks

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
So I have an XR, and thinking of buying the p30 pro so my question is it worth the change ? Is the EMUI kinda like iOS? Tbh it’s for the camera more than anything but want to know what the software is like. Thanks
Not sure why you want to switch from XR to P30 Pro in just a year’s time. If you want better camera than your XR, just go for the iPhone 11.

Buying a Huawei today is not worth it TBH. Simply because you just don’t know if they will get any updates after 2019. Unless you don’t plan to keep the phone, I would just skip the P30 Pro at this point and just get the iPhone 11.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Not sure why you want to switch from XR to P30 Pro in just a year’s time. If you want better camera than your XR, just go for the iPhone 11.

Buying a Huawei today is not worth it TBH. Simply because you just don’t know if they will get any updates after 2019. Unless you don’t plan to keep the phone, I would just skip the P30 Pro at this point and just get the iPhone 11.
Really like the pro but need to maybe hold off til Black Friday. Although I’m on the AUP so not sure to just pay the extra. i was interested in the p30 pro purely to do with the camera zoom etc.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Also do the WhatsApp photos and videos save to the camera role like on other androids? My pal can’t find a way to turn this feature off on his s9.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Also do the WhatsApp photos and videos save to the camera role like on other androids? My pal can’t find a way to turn this feature off on his s9.
Whatsapp photos and videos are saved on their own folders, but most Gallery apps will show the content together with all other photos as if they are in the camera roll. Just go to the Files app and you can find the folder called Whatsapp images.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Android 10, what it do babyyyy!
Just go through the HiCare App and it's waiting there in the Software Update section
93062bee17f9475b049d07de56baa7d7.jpg

cdc2971a6cc297c652d682871f3cbb2c.jpg

Reactions: phoneme

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
It is time for the policymaker to know he is not God, he is president. Cannot put a company with 150k employees out of business.
That’s Xi Jinping’s problem. Why should one country’s president be concerned with the company from another country?
[automerge]1573976858[/automerge]
I completely fail to see what's so special of so called night mode that completely ruins night time photography. If you want daylight picture than shoot during the day and if you want night time picture you should shoot in Default mode and P30 is very good in Default mode. Night mode is complete travesty for outdoor photography.
I don’t see my P30 ruining a night shot. It is simply allowing me to use lower shutter speed while handheld and still brings a decent photo.

Your concern mostly only applies to Google’s implementation.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
It seems the Android 10 update may have increased the already ridiculously good battery life of the P30 Pro, this thing's battery meter is barely moving :D despite being in Performance Mode.

May just pop my main SIM back into this beast :D forgot how stupidly good the battery life is anf how ridiculously amazing the 40W charging is when it's your main device.

Reactions: PugMaster

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
It seems the Android 10 update may have increased the already ridiculously good battery life of the P30 Pro, this thing's battery meter is barely moving :D despite being in Performance Mode.

May just pop my main SIM back into this beast :D forgot how stupidly good the battery life is anf how ridiculously amazing the 40W charging is when it's your main device.
How good is the p30 pro? Is the EMUI like iOS ? Also how good is the camera zoom etc?

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
How good is the p30 pro? Is the EMUI like iOS ? Also how good is the camera zoom etc?
eMUI is like an iOS skin for Android. Obviously it’s just the looks. It’s still Android with some deep customization Huawei did.

The camera is great. I love my P30 camera (non pro). It has the same main camera, but the telephoto lens is shorter (3X vs 5X if the pro).

Having said all that, however, imo it’s not worth getting the P30 Pro now, unless you find one heavily discounted. The questionable longevity with the China US trade war begs the value proposition. If you’re still interested in Huawei, get the Nova 5T instead. It offers majority of the features, including the flagship chipset Kirin980 for a lot less. The camera is decent, you just don’t get the Leica branding.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
eMUI is like an iOS skin for Android. Obviously it’s just the looks. It’s still Android with some deep customization Huawei did.

The camera is great. I love my P30 camera (non pro). It has the same main camera, but the telephoto lens is shorter (3X vs 5X if the pro).

Having said all that, however, imo it’s not worth getting the P30 Pro now, unless you find one heavily discounted. The questionable longevity with the China US trade war begs the value proposition. If you’re still interested in Huawei, get the Nova 5T instead. It offers majority of the features, including the flagship chipset Kirin980 for a lot less. The camera is decent, you just don’t get the Leica branding.
Yeah some decent black Friday deals for about 30 a month in uk.

currently paying 46 a month on Apple upgrade program then 20 on sim only. means i would need to sell the xr to pay off Apple but can do that.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Yeah some decent black Friday deals for about 30 a month in uk.

currently paying 46 a month on Apple upgrade program then 20 on sim only. means i would need to sell the xr to pay off Apple but can do that.
If you’re on iUP, I would just get the iPhone 11 for £30 a month. Don’t bother with the P30 Pro, especially if you’re going to finance it, since it might not even get any updates by next year.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
If you’re on iUP, I would just get the iPhone 11 for £30 a month. Don’t bother with the P30 Pro, especially if you’re going to finance it, since it might not even get any updates by next year.
The 11 is 46 a month as well with the 128GB memory. Where did you see it for 30?

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013

P30 Pro is great and is a world apart from iOS.

EMUI is very fast, fluid and incredibly customizable, I believe this was the first UI to actually introduce Dark Mode some years ago before Apple, Samsung and Google realised it was useful.

Camera zoom is unrivaled in the P30 Pro, the only other phone with zoom like this has an even more limited release.

The P30 Pro feels like the ultimate device in terms of versatility: Battery Life, Performance, Camera (Night and Day) are all incredibly good.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
P30 Pro is great and is a world apart from iOS.

EMUI is very fast, fluid and incredibly customizable, I believe this was the first UI to actually introduce Dark Mode some years ago before Apple, Samsung and Google realised it was useful.

Camera zoom is unrivaled in the P30 Pro, the only other phone with zoom like this has an even more limited release.

The P30 Pro feels like the ultimate device in terms of versatility: Battery Life, Performance, Camera (Night and Day) are all incredibly good.
Have you had any iOS devices to compare against?

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
The 11 is 46 a month as well with the 128GB memory. Where did you see it for 30?
Ah you’re right. I mistakenly wa s looking at the regular financing plan, not iUP.
Anyway, what’s your longer term goal? Imo the P30 Pro, although a great phone, is just not a good value at this point due to the uncertainty of its future software. I mean I would avoid financing a phone now where the software might not even get anymore updates next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.