Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Ah you’re right. I mistakenly wa s looking at the regular financing plan, not iUP.
Anyway, what’s your longer term goal? Imo the P30 Pro, although a great phone, is just not a good value at this point due to the uncertainty of its future software. I mean I would avoid financing a phone now where the software might not even get anymore updates next year.
I will probably end up just finishing this upgrade program and taking out a normal contact on the iPhone 11 Pro as it’ll be cheaper than the upgrade program. Just thought of the p30 pro as the camera sounds awesome and I take loads of photos so the zoom etc would suit me. And kinda bored with iOS.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
First Android 10 EMUI 10 big fix update is out
Huawei putting in that work!
122a9229acfd5c314ac746438326e233.jpg

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
I got a p30 pro. Now to find great hints and tips about it.
Congratulations! It remains the most versatile Camera phones out there, busy using mine today and giving the iPhone a break.

I just hate how WhatsApp doesn't allow us to back up to MS OneDrive on iOS and Android it's either Google Drive on Android and iCloud on iOS.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Congratulations! It remains the most versatile Camera phones out there, busy using mine today and giving the iPhone a break.

I just hate how WhatsApp doesn't allow us to back up to MS OneDrive on iOS and Android it's either Google Drive on Android and iCloud on iOS.
What’s your preference over both phones ?

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Have you tried updating through the Hicare app?
If your id is based in US, you got to wait. Try changing the country of residence to other country for once, you will get it. I changed mine, of course the phone was bought in Asia and is Mate 20 Pro.
FYI, Hicare never seems to be friendly to US customers. Of course the company is in hot pursuit of becoming world leader of cell phone.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Have you tried updating through the Hicare app?
Yeah no joy. I am based in UK
[automerge]1576691462[/automerge]
If your id is based in US, you got to wait. Try changing the country of residence to other country for once, you will get it. I changed mine, of course the phone was bought in Asia and is Mate 20 Pro.
FYI, Hicare never seems to be friendly to US customers. Of course the company is in hot pursuit of becoming world leader of cell phone.
Where do i change the country of residence?

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Device purchased may have effect. Try contact huawei support. Understand your situation always like pulling tooth to upgrade.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Happy New Year folks!

Just got an update on my P30 Pro, seems to be bug fix mostly.
Is it true the coloured always on display isn't coming to p30 pro?
It's coming in an update sometime this year apparently:

magicman32

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
I’ve been meaning to ask about this with you guys who have way more experience with this than me. I found a decent deal on a Mate 20 Pro mid-last year and wanted to check it out and mess around with it. I’m based in the US and I haven’t even got 9.1 on this thing while 10 is apparently rolling out. I’ve tried everything and cannot get this thing to update. I still looking at other options to force the update but software update, hi-care, hi-suite has given me nothing.

Does anyone else here in the US at least have 9.1?

It‘s too bad as I really dig the phone but this no update fiasco is going to cause me to just unload it and move on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.