Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbobsherwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
hey, i jail broke my i touch 2nd gen, and i didnt want it cause it was taking up to much room, so i went into the settings and i told it to reset the entire ipod. including all of the apps music and everything. it said that it would only take an hour, but it has been stuck on the apple logo for the past two days, can u help???

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Oh boy lol Yeah that's a rough situation. For the sake of information, it did that because resetting the phone from within the settings is very different from a restore from iTunes. It doesn't know what to do with the "jailbroken" file system and it basically freaks out.

The fix is, Google how to enter DFU Recovery mode, and restore from there.

jimbobsherwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Oh boy lol Yeah that's a rough situation. For the sake of information, it did that because resetting the phone from within the settings is very different from a restore from iTunes. It doesn't know what to do with the "jailbroken" file system and it basically freaks out.

The fix is, Google how to enter DFU Recovery mode, and restore from there.

i've tried it just reboots back up and it goes back to the apple logo

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
i've tried it just reboots back up and it goes back to the apple logo

You're missing the "magic moment" in which you have to let go of the power button on the top of the phone.

It's definitely not the easiest process to nail. You'll get it.

The trick is in that moment that the Apple logo disappears, count to 3 and let go of the power button.

Follow the directions you found to a T.

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
In order to get your iPod Touch up and running again, follow these steps.

Run iREB (it is easier to get yourself into DFU mode): http://hotfile.com/dl/108923557/18f7493/iREB-r4.zip.html

After running iREB, you should be in a pwned DFU mode, which is way more than enough for restoring. Open iTunes and it should tell you that your device is in recovery mode. After that, press ok and click restore. After that, it should restore successfully and you should be on the right track.

EXTRA NOTE: By the way, if you want to get iOS 4 features in a faster firmware, you should try using whited00r for iPod Touch 2G. If you request a tutorial, just reply back and I will post one for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.