Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
So i was a die hard fan of apple for 8 years since iPhone 4 and i also used Macbooks, Apple watches, and AirPods for years, i got sick and tired of Apple charging high prices for tech which kept getting extremely worse each year!!! Agreed they were brilliant the first few years, not anymore. So i invested in Samsung. Bought a Note 10+, Galaxy Buds, Samsung Gear S3, I must admit, its a brilliant phone! I must say, no offense to anyone, but its (overall) better than Apple its MUCH lighter than apple, looks better, feels amazing, there is no need to pay for everything! Im leaning to the android fanboy life now! The ONLY thing i do miss about Apple, is the keyboard. Android is so much easier to live with day-to-day.
Apple is just ripping us off ever since after the X
My previous collection below...
e8ca700fa07b586d34f59960220753d5.jpg

I’ll tell one thing that Note 10 can’t do that my Iphone 11 Pro Max can ............ Play Mario Kart. Lol lol.

Reactions: Nisaja

LBM4

Suspended
Sep 26, 2019
Having had the Note 10+ from day 1, and previous Samsung devices (S series/Notes) and S2/S3/Galaxy watches, I always give Samsung hardware 90 days of use. If the phone locks up or the screen freezes and doesn't allow for touch input (happened to me on a trip I just took), you know then and there, the experience won't be good over the following year. I have never been able to figure out why Samsung eats RAM? Even when you set it up to not use apps in the background, it still uses a lot.
For a phone with 12GB of RAM, I should never be dealing with RAM issues (most likely cause for the touch input freeze issues I experienced. Restarts always fixed the problem). I plan to keep my Note 10, but it is no longer my daily driver.
I'm now on my first week of using the 11 Pro Max 256. I will now give this phone 90 days to see if I run into any issues, but so far so good. No problems thus far. Time will tell.
And for my fellow deaf users out there, iOS is always better when it comes to hearing aids. Connects automatically and never an issue. Android always requires opening an app and then finding the hearing aids and then connecting them.
PHONES.jpg

Last edited:

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Having had the Note 10+ from day 1, and previous Samsung devices (S series/Notes) and S2/S3/Galaxy watches, I always give Samsung hardware 90 days of use. If the phone locks up or the screen freezes and doesn't allow for touch input (happened to me on a trip I just took), you know then and there, the experience won't be good over the following year. I have never been able to figure out why Samsung eats RAM? Even when you set it up to not use apps in the background, it still uses a lot.
For a phone with 12GB of RAM, I should never be dealing with RAM issues (most likely cause for the touch input freeze issues I experienced. Restarts always fixed the problem). I plan to keep my Note 10, but it is no longer my daily driver.
I'm now on my first week of using the 11 Pro Max 256. I will now give this phone 90 days to see if I run into any issues, but so far so good. No problems thus far. Time will tell.
And for my fellow deaf users out there, iOS is always better when it comes to hearing aids. Connects automatically and never an issue. Android always requires opening an app and then finding the hearing aids and then connecting them.
View attachment 864056
I am not sure that is true about RAM being the issue, or at least if it is the issue with yours, it isn't normal.

If I go into device care and look at available RAM on mine, it is generally above 6GB free. I have also never had the issue of the phone becoming non-raponsive.

I don't know that I would blame the phone for the issue, but perhaps a specific app? That can happen, I have had it happen on iPhone as well on several occasions where I have had to reboot to recover a frozen phone. But I can usually track it down to a misbehaving app.

Tapatalk for one, has caused lockups on IOS for me on occasion where I have had to reboot after it became unresponsive.

Reactions: 5105973 and koigirl

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Don’t worry, you’re still on the honeymoon phase. After a few days, months or years, you’ll start to realize all the flaws, understand what you had and crawl back to ask for forgiveness. It will cost you $$$ ?

Reactions: Nisaja

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
View attachment 864056

That's interesting. I've watched a ton of YouTube speed test videos between the 11 Pro Max/XS Max (both have 4GB RAM so they're the same) and the Note 10+ and the Note always keeps most of the apps running in the background. I really think Apple should've given at least 6GB RAM for the 11 Pro. Less RAM is what's making it lose these speed tests.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
After 8 years of owning apple product you decide to com here onthe 25th to tell us how wonderful Samsung is? good to know

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal

I have several Deaf or HoH friends, and they all use the Apple infrastructure. One friend who was the last to switch (probably around the iPhone 6?) became such an evangelist that he got a handful of his IT office mates to switch too. ?

My stepmom just got hearing aids, and she recently upgraded to the 7 from a flip phone. She’s a bit of a Luddite and is easing in, so not ready to connect her hearing aids to the phone yet, but when we were at the audiologist, he showed her how his worked seamlessly and got her more excited for the prospect.

I’m always impressed with how seriously Apple engineers take accessibility issues. It’s clearly not an add-on, it’s a consideration from the ground up.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
LOL. So you're complaining about Apple ripping people off, yet bought Samsung Galaxy Note, which is an even worse ripoff. Hilarious.
Anyone who claimed that Apple is a ripoff while praising Samsung is just making a joke.

In the Android world, Samsung has the worst value, unless you like paying for $1000 phones, which is the same price points as Apple iPhones. OnePlus 7T/Pro are already better phones than Samsung's for less. Stepping even further, there are the Huawei P30 series, and Redmi K20 Pro, all are amazing flagships at much less than Samsung.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I have several Deaf or HoH friends, and they all use the Apple infrastructure. One friend who was the last to switch (probably around the iPhone 6?) became such an evangelist that he got a handful of his IT office mates to switch too. ?

My stepmom just got hearing aids, and she recently upgraded to the 7 from a flip phone. She’s a bit of a Luddite and is easing in, so not ready to connect her hearing aids to the phone yet, but when we were at the audiologist, he showed her how his worked seamlessly and got her more excited for the prospect.

I’m always impressed with how seriously Apple engineers take accessibility issues. It’s clearly not an add-on, it’s a consideration from the ground up.
This is one thing that people, especially those youtubers, don't think about. They all just go for specs and numbers.

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
So i was a die hard fan of apple for 8 years since iPhone 4 and i also used Macbooks, Apple watches, and AirPods for years, i got sick and tired of Apple charging high prices for tech which kept getting extremely worse each year!!! Agreed they were brilliant the first few years, not anymore. So i invested in Samsung. Bought a Note 10+, Galaxy Buds, Samsung Gear S3, I must admit, its a brilliant phone! I must say, no offense to anyone, but its (overall) better than Apple its MUCH lighter than apple, looks better, feels amazing, there is no need to pay for everything! Im leaning to the android fanboy life now! The ONLY thing i do miss about Apple, is the keyboard. Android is so much easier to live with day-to-day.
My previous collection below...
e8ca700fa07b586d34f59960220753d5.jpg

Cool story bro. BTW go to Samsung.com, Samsung is also in the 1000$ price range. And the 11 is an amazing phone for the average customer, and it's just 699$. Not everyone needs the Pro. But well, enjoy your Android with plenty of malware in the Store, and only 2 years of software updates. I am now an iOS user for almost 7 years, and i am going to stick with Apple.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Cool story bro. BTW go to Samsung.com, Samsung is also in the 1000$ price range. And the 11 is an amazing phone for the average customer, and it's just 699$. Not everyone needs the Pro. But well, enjoy your Android with plenty of malware in the Store, and only 2 years of software updates. I am now an iOS user for almost 7 years, and i am going to stick with Apple.
Ironic how you start with "cool story bro", yet you're in the alternatives to Apple section bashing Samsung and clearly have no interest outside of Apple. Funny.

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
Ironic how you start with "cool story bro", yet you're in the alternatives to Apple section bashing Samsung and clearly have no interest outside of Apple. Funny.

I'm not bashing him. I don't care what phone he's using, i just shared my opinion of why i think Apple is still a valid option and a good choice. He also brought in an argument why he's switching, because of the high pricing. Just read the original post. "Apple is just ripping us off...". I hear it all the time, and i disagree. I gave reasons why i think that way. We are on MacRumors, and most folks on this forum care more about the Apple Brand than about Samsung or Android.

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
As for the two years of software updates, that has never really been much of a consideration for me and I suspect not for the majority of users on this forum. Seems like most folks on here upgrade their phones every 2 years if not annually. I know I do.

I actually keep them for 3 - 4 years. There is nothing that exciting anymore about these new phones that make me wanna switch every year.

Reactions: SDColorado

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I actually keep them for 3 - 4 years. There is nothing that exciting anymore about these new phones that make me wanna switch every year.

To me there is nothing that exciting about 3 or 4 year old phones that make me want to keep them that long, but everyone has their own time table :)

Edit: I tend to believe that the 2 year mark is also about the sweet spot for a sale or trade-in.

Edit2: I am dating myself here, but I believe the last time I had a cell phone longer than 2 years was back in the day when they were hard wired into your car :D

Last edited:

LBM4

Suspended
Sep 26, 2019

I should stress that I am not deaf "yet", but HoH. A lot of gunfire, jet engines and helo turbines without earplugs did me in.
Only Apple has built in accessibility features for the hearing aids the VA provides. You can connect the hearing aids to Android phones, but you can't make calls, listen to music, etc with Android like you can with Apple.

Reactions: Ntombi

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I’ll never understand why some people feel the need to talk down to someone because of their choice of cellphone.

There’s no right answer. Both have their pros and cons. An unbiased person can admit what the other OS does better. But what cracks me up is when people won’t acknowledge this or play it down. For example, someone on the Apple forum tried to tell me it take android forever to get features and they’re always things iOS already has. Ugh what? That would be like an android person saying they hold their value better than iPhones.
I should stress that I am not deaf "yet", but HoH. A lot of gunfire, jet engines and helo turbines without earplugs did me in.
Only Apple has built in accessibility features for the hearing aids the VA provides. You can connect the hearing aids to Android phones, but you can't make calls, listen to music, etc with Android like you can with Apple.

That’s unfortunate. I wonder if that’s because android hasn’t taken the time to add and test these features properly or if it’s because the hearing aids provided by the VA have some sort of partnership with Apple.

LBM4

Suspended
Sep 26, 2019
I am not sure that is true about RAM being the issue, or at least if it is the issue with yours, it isn't normal.

If I go into device care and look at available RAM on mine, it is generally above 6GB free. I have also never had the issue of the phone becoming non-raponsive.

I don't know that I would blame the phone for the issue, but perhaps a specific app? That can happen, I have had it happen on iPhone as well on several occasions where I have had to reboot to recover a frozen phone. But I can usually track it down to a misbehaving app.

Tapatalk for one, has caused lockups on IOS for me on occasion where I have had to reboot after it became unresponsive.
You could be right about it not being RAM related, it just seemed like it was. It was as if something was causing it to hang and become unresponsive to touch input. I could still swipe from the bottom or top and get notifications, but I could not tap on anything, either on the home screen or in the notification tray. I couldn't even make an emergency 911 call if I wanted without turning the phone off and back on again. Then it was fine. It would happen at random intervals. I didn't add any new apps recently, so don't think it was app related. Just seemed to be as if the phone was trying to access something, preventing input and just stayed there. Almost like RAM was full.

I'm just speculating. It happened a few times over the space of a week. That was enough for me to call it quits. YMMV. And don't get me wrong, the Note 10 is a great phone overall. Just isn't going to be my daily driver.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I'm not bashing him. I don't care what phone he's using, i just shared my opinion of why i think Apple is still a valid option and a good choice. He also brought in an argument why he's switching, because of the high pricing. Just read the original post. "Apple is just ripping us off...". I hear it all the time, and i disagree. I gave reasons why i think that way. We are on MacRumors, and most folks on this forum care more about the Apple Brand than about Samsung or Android.
You were very clearly bashing him. Let’s not act like that was a normal post sharing your opinion.

Reactions: yui4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.