Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winwin10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Hi,

I have a question. If I created an apple apps with iAd, Can I earn revenue from other regions of the world if I launch from one region, say North America? Thanks.

qweenapps

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2014
Hi,

I have a question. If I created an apple apps with iAd, Can I earn revenue from other regions of the world if I launch from one region, say North America? Thanks.

Well that really depends. If you lunch just for North America then only from US store it will be downloaded. That means most of them are from US region. Sure there are dozens of appstore accounts which are using US store, but they not reside in us. So you'll get traffic from them as well.

Is you app specific to US ? Why you want to lunch just for North America? You would get more exposure if you would not limit just for US.

Strange Famous

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2014
I've found it easiest to just release the game worldwide for free with iAds. Apple has a list of regions that are iAd supported, but they keep updating the list with new regions so its easier to just release worldwide. Either way you wont be making any money from the regions that iAds aren't supported, but when they update the list, you automatically start placing ads in those regions.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Did Apple choose side in Ad hell with IAD?

They take 30% ? That must mean that Apple chose a side in this?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAd

Future for ad blocking is in doodoo then?

Is an Idevice actually under my own control anymore?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.