Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chunter1001

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
I’m experiencing a problem on a brand new MacBook Air. My iCloud Drive is enabled, but any docs on my Mac stay stuck in Zero KB uploaded status. They never make it to the cloud.

Folders seem to upload fine, but any files in them are not uploaded. Files uploaded via iPhone or web app make it back down to my MBA.

I’ve toggled off and on the iCloud Drive in System Preferences. Logged in and out of my iCloud account. Even wiped the system and started fresh. Nothing has fixed the issue. Does anyone have a suggestion that I could try? Thanks!

victry1

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
NJ
I’m having the same problem on a 2011 iMac. Not only iCloud Drive isn’t downloading neither is the update from Wacom. ?☹️? I signed out of iCloud and also restarted the computer and nothing seems to work so far.

Reactions: chunter1001

chunter1001

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
I’m having the same problem on a 2011 iMac. Not only iCloud Drive isn’t downloading neither is the update from Wacom. ?☹? I signed out of iCloud and also restarted the computer and nothing seems to work so far.
Please let me know if you discover a solution!

chunter1001

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Has anyone had an issue since updating to Catalina with files on Macs not updating to iCloud Drive?
Files updated by iPhone or iPad appearing in iCloud Drive immediately.
Local files or updates to files made on 2019 MBA never upload.
Any local folders on MBA with files will upload to iCloud, but the files in the folder never do. (So, empty folders in iCloud)
I’ve tried wiping MBA and starting new. I’ve logged in and out of iCloud on MBA. I’ve changed iTunes password and relogged in. Nothing seems to work. Thanks!

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
Does iCloud Drive work at all? 4 days ago I began a 14gb upload. 1.7gb went up within a few hours, 4 days later it’s still at 1.7gb. I’ve restarted the Mac twice. That did nothing. Finder shows it’s uploading but space used in iCloud hasn't changed a bit.

Oddly enough, I’ve been traveling for the past 3 days and Apple Maps has been utterly useless. Its messing up far more than usual. I'm getting turn directions after I’ve passed intersections constantly. Wrong lane info, wrong turn directions. Wrong side of street for destinations even though the map shows it correctly. It’s far beyond the normally poor Maps experience.

Is all of iCloud effectively down?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.