Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I have searched all over for a fix to this and haven't come across one. I just got a new iPhone after selling my other one, and first turned off iCloud music library to sync 33GB of music from my iMac. After that, I turned on the switch for iCloud Music Library but it refuses to stay on, with a message popping up saying that it's temporarily unavailable and I can turn it on later in settings. I'm not sure if this is an iOS11 bug or what, as I can see my library on other devices still.

I have: Signed out of my iCloud account twice and then back in.
Shut down the phone and hard reset the phone
Reset and erased all settings

I really don't want to restore the phone and start all over again but I'm not sure what else to do.

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
For anyone who potentially Googles and comes across this thread, I ended up solving this issue instantly by removing an old iPhone I had sold through the iCloud website on my computer. After restoring my phone, starting from scratch and still running into the same issue, I decided to see how many devices were tied to the Apple Music account.

Between my Watch, Apple TV, iMac etc there were 6 devices. I figured Apple usually limits it to 5, and so once I removed one and tried activating iCloud Music Library it worked almost instantly.

Pai_mei

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2019
You my man are a steely eyed missile man, thank you! I was getting so frustrated not finding any answers. Well done!

Reactions: 480951
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.