Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sageman72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
When i press the iCloud pane under system preferences, all i get is "Preferences error. Could not load iCloud preference pane." The same happens when i try to open iCloud from within Internet Accounts pane.
All other pane´s open with no problems and i can log into iCloud with safari fine enough.

From Console i get these error messages when trying to open the iCloud pane:

25/06/15 21:59:59,392 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1](com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.System Preferences.819) Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /System/Library/PreferencePanes/iCloudPref.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice.xpc error = 122: Path had bad ownership/permissions, origin = /Applications/System Preferences.app

25/06/15 21:59:59,393 System Preferences[819]: an error occurred while attempting to connect to listener 'com.apple.view-bridge': Connection invalid

25/06/15 21:59:59,393 System Preferences[819]: *** Assertion failure in +[NSXPCSharedListener connectionForListenerNamed:fromServiceNamed:], /SourceCache/ViewBridge/ViewBridge-105/NSXPCSharedListener.m:394

25/06/15 21:59:59,393 System Preferences[819]: ### com.apple.preferences.icloud instantiatePrefPaneObject exception:NSXPCSharedListener unable to create endpoint for listener named com.apple.view-bridge

Anyone got a good idea whats wrong and what to do, please?

prospervic

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2007
NYC
Don't you hate when people do that? Ask for help on this forum, fix it for themselves, but won't tell anyone precisely what they did!
Selfish jerks!

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
Don't you hate when people do that? Ask for help on this forum, fix it for themselves, but won't tell anyone precisely what they did!
Selfish jerks!
I would assume, since it was a problem with the iCloud System Preference pane and that they did "re-install" (post 2), that they must have re-installed Yosemite OS. A OS reinstall is the easiest way to reinstall a preference pane. Try reinstalling Yosemite to see if it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.