Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GZR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I have 3 Apple devices:
Macbook Pro
iPad Air 2
iPhone 6

I updated to Safari 13 on the MBP and iCloud tabs from the other 2 devices stopped showing on the MBP but the iPad and iPhone could see each others open tabs.

I then updated the iPad to iPadOS and now the MBP and iPad Air 2 can see each others tabs but the iPhone cannot see the tabs on the other 2 devices.

Am I right in thinking that as the iPhone 6 is not eligible for iOS 13, I will not be able to use iCloud tabs on the iPhone in future?

Reactions: Chayim

GZR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I found the answer:

In other words Apple expect me to buy a new phone (6S or later) to be able to continue to use such a basic feature.
I'm not willing to do this at this point so I will have to migrate back to Chrome after using Safari for the past few years:(

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2019
I have this issue as well. iOS 12.4.2 on 5s and macOS 10.14.6 on MacBook Pro 13 inch. I had submit a feedback to here.

Chayim

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2017
I too have this problem, iPhone 6 Safari does not sync with other devices, but only Safari does not sync but other iCloud features does work, it's weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.