Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
I love how none of this ever makes news at any of the major tech blogs. So many people are suffering from it and most don’t even know. Yet Apple gets away with this ******** on the regular. Swept under the carpet as usual.
I was on the beta and I reported this multiple times throughout and it STILL made it to the master release and still hasn’t been resolved.
I literally am on with Apple everyday day. I am tempted to do another restore but it takes 12 hours and there are no guarantees. Have you tried an override of the os by hitting command and update in iTunes. It might be command restore but I’m getting sick of waiting. Between messages and photos not downloading I’m sick of it. Searched everywhere and aside from this thread it’s barely discussed.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I literally am on with Apple everyday day. I am tempted to do another restore but it takes 12 hours and there are no guarantees. Have you tried an override of the os by hitting command and update in iTunes. It might be command restore but I’m getting sick of waiting. Between messages and photos not downloading I’m sick of it. Searched everywhere and aside from this thread it’s barely discussed.

My attachment history restored after 20+ hours of indexing. This was a day or two after the GM released and after I went through 3 different versions of restore and then my final 4th was wiping/restore the phone as new and setup as new. Only signing into iCloud to get photos and messages. All that jazz. Then after 20+ hours, my stuff was there. It’s still not like it was (nearly instant) on 12 though.

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
My attachment history restored after 20+ hours of indexing. This was a day or two after the GM released and after I went through 3 different versions of restore and then my final 4th was wiping/restore the phone as new and setup as new. Only signing into iCloud to get photos and messages. All that jazz. Then after 20+ hours, my stuff was there. It’s still not like it was (nearly instant) on 12 though.
I appreciate your replies so thank you. I have 53000 photos and they are downloading at the rate of 1 per min, so in about a month I will have all of them on my device. I also have to do a hard reset just to get them to begin downloading. I am sick of restoring as every time I do some other problem develops. I need my attachments and photos in iCloud. They need a switch that you can just turn on and off like calendar or contacts that wipes the device and then repopulates. I am past frustrated and frankly hope someone on this thread has another idea. Thanks again.

zea

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
Just updated to 13.1.3 and can confirm it does NOT fix this issue. Maybe on 13.2. :rolleyes: I've reported this issue to Apple several times already.

Mike989800

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
Hey - just found this forum after struggling with this issue myself. What is the best way to alert apple to this issue? I'm hoping the more complaints the better.

Dave.Inwood1988

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2019
I’m on 13.2 developer beta and this works fine even with all of the images/videos sent prior to ios13. It might be worth waiting for the update to come out?

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
This issue has driven me to hell and back, I have been on the phone daily with apple and senior advisors are well aware of it! They have asked to send feedback to their website. My biggest regret was updating from a pretty much flawless 12.4.1 iOS to an amateur iOS release with bugs and carelessness . Apple has billions of dollars To hire competent people that actually test most if not all of their releases! This has been beyond frustrating and unacceptable. You can destroy my iOS devices but please don’t destroy my messages . Test messages before releasing any update! Messages are the most important thing to me and millions of others!

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
This issue has driven me to hell and back, I have been on the phone daily with apple and senior advisors are well aware of it! They have asked to send feedback to their website. My biggest regret was updating from a pretty much flawless 12.4.1 iOS to an amateur iOS release with bugs and carelessness . Apple has billions of dollars To hire competent people that actually test most if not all of their releases! This has been beyond frustrating and unacceptable. You can destroy my iOS devices but please don’t destroy my messages . Test messages before releasing any update! Messages are the most important thing to me and millions of others!
I have had the same experience and I am sick of it. I can't believe the engineers haven't figured this out yet.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I have had the same experience and I am sick of it. I can't believe the engineers haven't figured this out yet.
i am not sure why they can’t recode it as it once was on iOS 12.4. This has changed my view of apple, it was definitely an awaking!

scrapdoo22

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2019
Mine has same issue, not even any indexing messages but only has the attachments after getting the new phone but I know they are on the phone because in storage it says I have the 10 gb of message attachments and I can scroll and see them manually, just not in attachments info tab.

Reactions: atlchamp

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Mine has same issue, not even any indexing messages but only has the attachments after getting the new phone but I know they are on the phone because in storage it says I have the 10 gb of message attachments and I can scroll and see them manually, just not in attachments info tab.
I have the same issue..i've tried everything, restore from backup, set up as new, turning on and off icloud, signing out and back in, hard reset...im just waiting on apple to fix this...

scrapdoo22

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2019
I have the same issue..i've tried everything, restore from backup, set up as new, turning on and off icloud, signing out and back in, hard reset...im just waiting on apple to fix this...
Make sure to contact them and get with an apple senior tech so they can take analytics and solve issue sooner. That's what I've done and they said they will call me if they get any more updates, and I asked am I the only one with this issue, and the nice tech told me no they have a specific bug log at their iOS dev team pertaining to this issue with multiple reports called in, but definitely call in and add to it to push the speed.

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
Make sure to contact them and get with an apple senior tech so they can take analytics and solve issue sooner. That's what I've done and they said they will call me if they get any more updates, and I asked am I the only one with this issue, and the nice tech told me no they have a specific bug log at their iOS dev team pertaining to this issue with multiple reports called in, but definitely call in and add to it to push the speed.
I have sent them 3 analytics speak to them daily and they act like I’m the o my one with this issue and that I should be patient as they are working on a solution. It has now been 4 weeks.

scrapdoo22

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2019
I have sent them 3 analytics speak to them daily and they act like I’m the o my one with this issue and that I should be patient as they are working on a solution. It has now been 4 weeks.
My lady was very very nice, probably best support person I've worked with and maybe she told me something on her end she is usually not supposed to disclose, but she indeed shyly told me that it seems the software team is definitely aware of it as they emailed her telling any techs with people on the issue to gather analytics so they can fix it. And it's seen as an official work in progress on their side of things. So we can all really hope for the best and try to be polite with the techs as their only job is to be a communicator between us and the actual software team.

Reactions: Randalpaul

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
My lady was very very nice, probably best support person I've worked with and maybe she told me something on her end she is usually not supposed to disclose, but she indeed shyly told me that it seems the software team is definitely aware of it as they emailed her telling any techs with people on the issue to gather analytics so they can fix it. And it's seen as an official work in progress on their side of things. So we can all really hope for the best and try to be polite with the techs as their only job is to be a communicator between us and the actual software team.
For what it’s worth my Sr tech checks in 4 times a week it just shocking it is this difficult and only a small group is experiencing this problem

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
this is what I get 99% of the time I send a text and I have to hit the exclamation and send again. So frustrating ?

1571693148138.png

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Working fine for me on 13.2. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't experience this issue. Maybe it's because I use iMessage in iCloud?

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
its still the same for me nothing has changed. I’m thinking something with iMessage.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
its still the same for me nothing has changed. I’m thinking something with iMessage.
Are you storing your messages locally on your phone? Or in iCloud? I’ve had issues when it was locally on my phone but when I started using iCloud for iMessages it worked better for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.