Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
On my IPhone 11 Pro Max. I do not use any another device with the same ICloud account.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
On my IPhone 11 Pro Max. I do not use any another device with the same ICloud account.
Not sure what to say. I was going to suggest, if you’re using multiple devices and the rest of them worked fine, you could try backing up your 11PM and restoring it from that backup. Maybe that’d help? Still wouldn’t hurt to try.

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for the Feedback. I’ll be at the Apple Store today to pick up some AirPod Pros and will check with a Genius.

Reactions: skveezer

ihakim

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
Stanford, CA
i have a different, but related problem that is still not fixed in 13.1.1...

one some of the photos there is a "time" labeled on it, as if they were a video. in many cases, they are not videos...which is a pain because i often like to go through and trim the videos out, but i am getting photos incorrectly labeled as videos which is not clear until i tape on the thumbnail and realize its a photo, not a video.
Are you still having this issue? I am still having it on 13.2.2.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
When I updated to 13.2.2 all my photos within iMessages under the info section repopulated and it’s fixed!

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Seems to be addressed in 13.2.3. We shall so if people have their issue resolved with this updated.

Tinkerbellaa22

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2019
Seems to be addressed in 13.2.3. We shall so if people have their issue resolved with this updated.

I'm in the process of updating mine as my attachments disappeared after 13.2 and I've never seen them on my iPhone since. Will report back soon, wish me luck!

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Updated to 13.2.3. Still missing photos in the Info tab. Toggled Messages in iCloud and it says “Downloading Messages from iCloud”. Plugged in, on wifi. Been here done this. Not holding out hope. We’ll see.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
The miracle of all miracles update only that it failed to fix the issue. I am baffled how Apple could ruin a great message system and can’t fix it!! I am embarrassed for Apple to be quite honest, a trillion dollar company that can’t fixed something that has ran almost flawlessly for over a decade!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The miracle of all miracles update only that it failed to fix the issue. I am baffled how Apple could ruin a great message system and can’t fix it!! I am embarrassed for Apple to be quite honest, a trillion dollar company that can’t fixed something that has ran almost flawlessly for over a decade!
Sometimes things are not as simple as they might seem (that's not to say that they should be broken or anything like that).

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
still have the funky images showing times on them (as if they were videos), even after updating.

Same here. The good news is I have a links section with all my links again and when I save a Live Photo, it’s actually live now. Still have the weird times for Photos that think they are videos and photos showing the live icon that are not.

Reactions: BBDDVV

Mike989800

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
Same here. Was optimistic after the update specifically mentioned fixing imessage indexing issues, but still no change :(

Is there a way to download your messages from icloud back onto your phone without doing a full restore and backup from icloud?

Reactions: atlchamp

Tinkerbellaa22

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2019
I posted a couple of days of days ago that I also had issues with attachments not showing on iMessages despite restoring my phone from backup numerous times, toggling off and on messages in iCloud, leaving my phone on wifi and charge all night long (and all day all night during my days off) but nothing happened despite what I tried - apple support were pretty useless too and didn't have a clue.

After updating to 13.2.3 I was disappointed because nothing changed with my iMessages even though the update notes said they address the issue. HOWEVER I managed to find a solution especially one that works for me - I backed my phone to iTunes and then restored from that backup. It took over 2 hours but once it had finished I went into Messages to see if my attachments were back - it had the typical "will showing after indexes finishes" so I left my iPhone plugged into my laptop all night and when I woke up this morning ALL my attachment including 10gb worth of photo via iMessages were back!!!

Definitely recommend this if not yet tried. Good Luck!

Reactions: Thien Pham

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
My wife’s iPhone 8plus was stuck with indexing message in the messages detail view. I updated it to 13.2.3 this morning and boom it fixed itself. All photos show now like they should.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
mine showed up after playing around with turning messages in iCloud off and back on and then turning off and back on that Siri search suggestion that someone gave me

Thien Pham

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2019
I posted a couple of days of days ago that I also had issues with attachments not showing on iMessages despite restoring my phone from backup numerous times, toggling off and on messages in iCloud, leaving my phone on wifi and charge all night long (and all day all night during my days off) but nothing happened despite what I tried - apple support were pretty useless too and didn't have a clue.

After updating to 13.2.3 I was disappointed because nothing changed with my iMessages even though the update notes said they address the issue. HOWEVER I managed to find a solution especially one that works for me - I backed my phone to iTunes and then restored from that backup. It took over 2 hours but once it had finished I went into Messages to see if my attachments were back - it had the typical "will showing after indexes finishes" so I left my iPhone plugged into my laptop all night and when I woke up this morning ALL my attachment including 10gb worth of photo via iMessages were back!!!

Can you provide step by step of how you did this? Also did you leave imessages in icloud on or off? I have never used icloud for imessage.
[automerge]1574269211[/automerge]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.