Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Can you clarify which siri search suggestion you toggled?
That Siri search only gives back some photos and not all of them. I think that was the cause of losing a single individual 7 years worth of messages ... ot deleted from iCloud and all my other devices. Back up everything if you try it. Go into Siri and search scroll down until
You find messages then toggle on and off Siri and suggestions

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
My photos are back to being messed up again! For some threads the pics are there but for others it makes me download the pics in the details menu but when I do nothing happens and the option to download disappears. Any ideas guys?

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
My photos are back to being messed up again! For some threads the pics are there but for others it makes me download the pics in the details menu but when I do nothing happens and the option to download disappears. Any ideas guys?
Hmm. Are you guys with the problems using photos and messages in the cloud? I have everything local and those switches turned off. Maybe that’s why mine is working fine now.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Hmm. Are you guys with the problems using photos and messages in the cloud? I have everything local and those switches turned off. Maybe that’s why mine is working fine now.
Yes I use a feature that Apple gave us to use. Why would I turn that off for a feature to work??

vanhalen26

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018
I have the same issue. I've been reading through various threads and am quite frustrated.

Anyone try a device swap to restore? I have applecare on an XS.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Months later and this issue still isn’t fixed, this must be a joke . How is it possible it takes this amount of time with no solution when it worked perfectly fine in the past! I am beyond baffled!

vanhalen26

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018
I’m just hoping it’s fixed in an IOS update. I was able to pull my messages onto an iPad on an older iOS from the cloud, so I know they are still there at least, but I’d prefer to have them on my 1 year old phone.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Bought an iPad Pro 11 and it’s going back....it came with iOS 13 and still has this issue. This is completely ridiculous that it’s not going to get fixed! This is a deal breaker for me .

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.