Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojo1019

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Hi guys,

I am not here to speak about some quality issue, problem with the sound fidelity or whatsoever, I think that the biggest problem with the AirPods Pro is the real poor quality of the microphone when utilised with a MacBook of any kind! For some reason when you use the AirPods Pro (or the AirPods 1st ore 2nd generation as far as I know) with a Mac app that utilised the mic, the bit rate of the drop to 8-bit!!!! This is for sure a software problem, but this is huge! You pay 279€ (in Italy - VAT 22%) and you discover that you can’t use them on FaceTime, Skype, ecc… And I know I can set the Mac to use his built-in mic, and I also know that there is an app (AirPods Sound Quality Fixer) that “force” the system to use a 16-bit rate for the mic, but this are not solution, this are workaround! So, why Apple doesn’t care about this problem that affects the AirPods from the first realise in Dec. 2016???

Reactions: Wackery and Jutah

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
Hi guys,

I am not here to speak about some quality issue, problem with the sound fidelity or whatsoever, I think that the biggest problem with the AirPods Pro is the real poor quality of the microphone when utilised with a MacBook of any kind! For some reason when you use the AirPods Pro (or the AirPods 1st ore 2nd generation as far as I know) with a Mac app that utilised the mic, the bit rate of the drop to 8-bit!!!! This is for sure a software problem, but this is huge! You pay 279€ (in Italy - VAT 22%) and you discover that you can’t use them on The FaceTime, Skype, ecc… And I know I can set the Mac to use his built-in mic, and I also know that there is an app (AirPods Sound Quality Fixer) that “force” the system to use a 16-bit rate for the mic, but this are not solution, this are workaround! So, why Apple doesn’t care about this problem that affects the AirPods from the first realise in Dec. 2016???

Can’t find the App you’re mentioning, van you link it please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.