Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tokyodan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
I want to update my iPad Air from 10.2 to 10.3.2 because it gives me the ability to see what 32-bit apps are still on my iPad (I intend to update to iOS12 but first I want to see what 32-bit apps I still have that will be unusable with iOS12).

I know that Apple stoped signing old iOS versions but i got the 10.3.2 ipsw file and I know how to select it when updating my iPad via iTunes but when I am about to start the update, iTunes displays this: "iTunes will update your iPad to iOS 10.3.2 and will verify the update with Apple". The "verify the update with Apple" part worries me. Does that mean that Apple will check to see if that version is signed or not, and if not...iTunes will stop the updating process midstream and brick my iPad?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I want to update my iPad Air from 10.2 to 10.3.2 because it gives me the ability to see what 32-bit apps are still on my iPad (I intend to update to iOS12 but first I want to see what 32-bit apps I still have that will be unusable with iOS12).

I know that Apple stoped signing old iOS versions but i got the 10.3.2 ipsw file and I know how to select it when updating my iPad via iTunes but when I am about to start the update, iTunes displays this: "iTunes will update your iPad to iOS 10.3.2 and will verify the update with Apple". The "verify the update with Apple" part worries me. Does that mean that Apple will check to see if that version is signed or not, and if not...iTunes will stop the updating process midstream and brick my iPad?
That's basically what it means. It shouldn't be something mid-stream and basically something that will happen early on and you'll just be told you can't install that version.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009

You can either stay on 10.2 or update to 12.1.1. Nothing in between will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.