Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Updated May 5, 2021

Today we are excited to announce the release of Infuse 7 for iOS, Apple TV...and macOS!

All-new macOS app

After months of development and public beta testing Infuse for macOS makes it debut on the Mac App Store! This all-new Mac app includes the same great features you love, and runs natively on both Intel and M1 Macs for amazing performance. The design has a familiar layout to iOS and Apple TV, and has been fine-tuned for use on macOS Big Sur.

Syncing shares, libraries, watched history, and ratings is all done seamlessly between iOS, Apple TV, and Mac using iCloud. What's better? Infuse for macOS is available as a free download with no additional costs for existing Pro users. Hooray!

infuse70-mac_2x.jpg

Fresh new design

iOS and Apple TV are also getting some love in 7.0. Both platforms include beautiful new designs which make extensive use of fan art to set the mood for the perfect movie night. There is also dramatic improvements for TV show browsing on iOS, with all new season episode thumbnails!

infuse70-design_2x.jpg

Unified home screen

The new Home Screen is your hub where you can pin lists of content you access the most. Lists can include just about anything. Want to see recently added movies or unwatched TV shows? Done. Rated G movies or content that was released in the 1960s? No problem. Lists can be easily added, removed, and re-ordered directly from the Home Screen by tapping the edit button in the upper right corner. Changes will sync via iCloud to all devices, for a consistent feel on all devices.

infuse70-home_2x.jpg

Upgrade for free!

Infuse 7 is a free automatic update for all Infuse Pro subscribers (monthly, yearly, lifetime) and is waiting for you in the App Store. Seriously...go grab it! ?

The all-new macOS app is available as a free download on the Mac App Store, and active Pro subscriptions can be restored and shared with family members without any additional costs. ?

Those running older standalone versions (Infuse 4, Infuse Pro 5, or Infuse Pro 6) can get a free year of Infuse Pro when starting a new yearly subscription in Infuse 7.

Thanks!

We're super-excited about the release of Infuse 7, and we really hope you enjoy using it as much as we do.

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

Last edited:

LouisLoh

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Infuse 3 has been called 'the best media player for iPhone and iPad' by Cult of Mac (http://www.cultofmac.com/256655/inf...or-iphone-and-ipad-gets-redesigned-for-ios-7/), and today it's getting even better.

Infuse 3 is a massive update. It's been fully optimized for iOS 8, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and adds a bunch of amazing new things including DTS-HD® audio, mophie space pack access, AirStash® streaming, an all-new dark mode, and a host of other niceties that make the whole Infuse experience just that much better.

Full details on what's new can be found here.
http://blog.firecore.com/12414

Download Infuse 3
http://apps.firecore.com/infuse

I'm previously bought Infuse through an IAP. Now it's prompting me to pay another $2.99 to upgrade to the Pro version? Is that an error or a genuine requirement?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I'm previously bought Infuse through an IAP. Now it's prompting me to pay another $2.99 to upgrade to the Pro version? Is that an error or a genuine requirement?
All Pro features from Infuse 2 transfer over automatically. The IAP prompt shown in Infuse 3 is an optional upgrade.

A bit more info on how upgrades work in Infuse 3 can be found here.
http://forum.firecore.com/topic/12526

Poopsie

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011
I am trying the free version, it's gorgeous for storing and viewing videos!! One question, If I have a few episodes from each year in a show, is it possible to have a master show folder, with year folders underneath it?

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Does it use the newly made public videotoolbox api for proper seamless hardware decoding on iOS 8? been waiting for first video player to do this and not do some bodge to get hardware decoding by remuxing mkv on fly into a quicktime stream.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I am trying the free version, it's gorgeous for storing and viewing videos!! One question, If I have a few episodes from each year in a show, is it possible to have a master show folder, with year folders underneath it?

For remote files (streamed from a Mac, PC or NAS) Infuse will automatically keep everything organized if arranged into folders by season.

For example

Big Bang Theory
> Season 1
> Season 2
> Season 3
> etc...

----------

Does it use the newly made public videotoolbox api for proper seamless hardware decoding on iOS 8? been waiting for first video player to do this and not do some bodge to get hardware decoding by remuxing mkv on fly into a quicktime stream.

Since it's just been added in iOS 8 it hasn't made it into Infuse yet - but it will be added soon.

Poopsie

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011
For remote files (streamed from a Mac, PC or NAS) Infuse will automatically keep everything organized if arranged into folders by season.

For example

Big Bang Theory
> Season 1
> Season 2
> Season 3
> etc...

Does it does this for local files at all? Or does the Pro version do it for local files?

Thanks!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Does it does this for local files at all? Or does the Pro version do it for local files?

Thanks!

Local files will be grouped into seasons (each season's episodes would appear as a single item) and each season will be listed separately in the main menu.

mango316

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Just tried this app and it pretty darn nice, it's now on my list of must buy app :)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Just tried this app and it pretty darn nice, it's now on my list of must buy app :)

Great! Happy to hear you're enjoying it. :)

----------

Any plans to support files outside the local network? For instance via SFTP or WebDAV? Do you support SMB over the Internet?

Yes - WebDAV is supported, and FTP/SFTP will be available in an upcoming version.

SMB can work over the internet, but it depends on your ISP.

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
Yes - WebDAV is supported, and FTP/SFTP will be available in an upcoming version.

SMB can work over the internet, but it depends on your ISP.

Cheers for the quick answer. That is very helpful, that and the news about Videotoolbox API support.

One last question if I may, for over SFTP will you still be supporting MKV over AirPlay like I understand works for local network.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Cheers for the quick answer. That is very helpful, that and the news about Videotoolbox API support.

One last question if I may, for over SFTP will you still be supporting MKV over AirPlay like I understand works for local network.

Yep. As long as you can stream it to Infuse, it can be streamed via AirPlay.

I should note that native AirPlay doesn't work for all video types, but pretty much every MKV file should work just fine.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Hopefully HTTP streaming will be supported soon.
Tried to stream from my PC over HTTP some live channels and it didn't work.
With nPlayer and VLC it works.
thanks!

Ardmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2013
I downloaded this last night and it's great.

Quick question. Can I delete files from a shared network drive directly from the app? I normally delete something after I've watched it.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hopefully HTTP streaming will be supported soon.
Tried to stream from my PC over HTTP some live channels and it didn't work.
With nPlayer and VLC it works.
thanks!

Yep - it's something we're working to add.

----------

I downloaded this last night and it's great.

Quick question. Can I delete files from a shared network drive directly from the app? I normally delete something after I've watched it.

Great to hear!

Right now, streamed files cannot be deleted from within the app itself. We need to find a good way to integrate this so people aren't accidentally deleting files.

----------

Cheers and btw thumbs up for giving support / answering questions on a Saturday!

I should add, your answers and support made a sale :)

Thanks!

Feel free to get in touch if we can do anything else to assist.

ReallyNiceGuy

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
Vancouver, BC
I tried the free version. Is there a way to sync audio and video if it's a bit off on a UPnP stream? Unfortunately I couldn't test .mkv in the free version and wanted to also test AirPlay. This also wasn't available in the free version.

Ardmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2013
Great to hear!

Right now, streamed files cannot be deleted from within the app itself. We need to find a good way to integrate this so people aren't accidentally deleting files.

It's not the end of the world because I can just load up teamviewer and delete them but this would make it pretty much perfect for me.

Keep up the good work!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I tried the free version. Is there a way to sync audio and video if it's a bit off on a UPnP stream? Unfortunately I couldn't test .mkv in the free version and wanted to also test AirPlay. This also wasn't available in the free version.

Subtitle timing can be adjusted in the current version, and audio timing is something that should make it into a future version.

Some videos require expensive licenses, so they aren't available in the free version. AirPlay is also a Pro-only feature, but it's native AirPlay and works exceptionally well.

Hope this helps. :)

----------

It's not the end of the world because I can just load up teamviewer and delete them but this would make it pretty much perfect for me.

Keep up the good work!

Great - thanks!

----------

Very nice app.

Thanks! :)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Consider throwing some ads into the free version but allowing people to use all the features. All I care about is HD MKV. Not willing to drop $10 just to try it. No offense. Just been burned too many times.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Consider throwing some ads into the free version but allowing people to use all the features. All I care about is HD MKV. Not willing to drop $10 just to try it. No offense. Just been burned too many times.

Many HD MKV files will work in the free version, they just cannot have DTS or Dolby audio.

The Pro version of Infuse includes some technology that requires expensive licenses, and sadly ads in the free version wouldn't be enough to cover that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.