Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
@firecore Any idea why the new iPad Pro works perfectly with Infuse when on the main screen of the app, but when you start playing a video you don't get any picture? (Tv from 11" iPad Pro via USB-C to HDMI). Audio works correctly.

Edit: Wanted to add that Infuse does not display on an LG UltraFine 4k (usb-c to usb-c) when playing video either, so this isn't limited to just HDMI. The app itself displays fine, but as soon as you start playing, all you get is a black screen and sound.

Edit 2: it seems that this might only be a problem with 4K TVs and displays. Went to my significant others’ place tonight and she and I were able to use the same cable, and watch a movie on her 1080p tv without issue. The same “splash” screen showed on the iPad, and the picture and audio was flawless on the tv.

Is there maybe some random setting that I’m missing when it comes to connecting to a 4K tv, or is this just a random bug?
I have the same problem. Playing movies from Infuse with USB-C to HDMI adapter + HDMI cable to my LG TV returns a black screen. When a movie is not playing the screen mirroring is fine. Playing video through other means works.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I have the same problem. Playing movies from Infuse with USB-C to HDMI adapter + HDMI cable to my LG TV returns a black screen. When a movie is not playing the screen mirroring is fine. Playing video through other means works.

I’ve done it with a straight usb-c to hdmi cable as well. No joy. The funny thing is that it worked fine one time in the middle there and never again.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
See screenshot. I also picked up a usb-c to hdmi adapter and tried that. Infuse still doesn’t work correctly. VLC doesn’t have any problems with either adapter or cable.

Notice when you screenshot on the new iPad Pro while it is connected to a tv, it takes both. What you see up too is exactly what my tv shows. Bottom is the iPad Pro. Had to crop it a bit due to macrumors file size limitations.

View attachment 807503 View attachment 807504
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to pass this along to our development team for them to review.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I literally bought a My Cloud Home (personal NAS) for use with Infuse but because it uses its own suite of apps it only supports Plex. Its great that Plex is there (especially since infuse supports it now) but sucks. Granted, this is completely WD's fault for making their NAS so closed off, but still. I miss using infuse.

Reactions: max2

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I literally bought a My Cloud Home (personal NAS) for use with Infuse but because it uses its own suite of apps it only supports Plex. Its great that Plex is there (especially since infuse supports it now) but sucks. Granted, this is completely WD's fault for making their NAS so closed off, but still. I miss using infuse.

Yep. I use Infuse with my WDMyCloud Personal NAS, but only within my local home network, not with Plex.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
We've got a few things in the pipeline which we hope will allow Infuse to stream remotely from WD Cloud devices.

No ETA yet, but keep an eye out for updates.

Reactions: 480951 and sparksd

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Too bad usb-c to hdmi still doesn’t work correctly. Two different 2018 iPads, two different connection methods, same results. Either a black screen, a super small picture in the upper left corner, or (rarely) a full screen picture with completely messed up audio.

Infuse had a good run, and it was fun while it lasted, back to VLC I go until this gets sorted.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Too bad usb-c to hdmi still doesn’t work correctly. Two different 2018 iPads, two different connection methods, same results. Either a black screen, a super small picture in the upper left corner, or (rarely) a full screen picture with completely messed up audio.

Infuse had a good run, and it was fun while it lasted, back to VLC I go until this gets sorted.
We have a few related improvements/fixes in progress for 5.9.3.

If you'd like to try a pre-release beta, please drop us a note and we'll get you set up. :)
https://firecore.com/contact

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Happy 2019! Our first update of the year is here and includes faster download speeds, improved iPad Pro support, and a few other fixes.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! :)

Dv6mLCHUcAAGfWe.jpg

Reactions: MjWoNeR and Pug72

MjWoNeR

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Sweden
I have an Infuse Pro subscription and I’m having issues with Trakt sync.

Trakt is installed and working on Kodi.
Trakt syncs perfectly with Infuse on my iPhone.

But I can not get it to sync with my wife’s iPad. Tried adjusting the settings to be the same on iPhone and iPad. Tried logging in and out of Trakt.

Any ideas?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have an Infuse Pro subscription and I’m having issues with Trakt sync.

Trakt is installed and working on Kodi.
Trakt syncs perfectly with Infuse on my iPhone.

But I can not get it to sync with my wife’s iPad. Tried adjusting the settings to be the same on iPhone and iPad. Tried logging in and out of Trakt.

Any ideas?
Is watched info from her device not appearing in Trakt, or are Trakt watched statuses not syncing back to her device?

Does the Infuse Pro logo appear in Infuse > Settings?

Are both devices using the same Trakt account?

Reactions: MjWoNeR

MjWoNeR

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Sweden
Is watched info from her device not appearing in Trakt, or are Trakt watched statuses not syncing back to her device?

Does the Infuse Pro logo appear in Infuse > Settings?

Are both devices using the same Trakt account?

Thanks! Your tips helped me narrow down the issue.

That problem was that Trakt statuses did not sync to her device.

There must have been some issue with the subscription. While both my iPhone and her iPad showed the Infuse Pro. I noticed that on the iPhone under the logo there was a button that you can tap to see your subscription.

On the iPad that button to see the subscription was not there. I reinstalled the app on the iPad, logged in Trakt, restored the subscription and now Trakt sync works.

Thanks for the help!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Thanks! Your tips helped me narrow down the issue.

That problem was that Trakt statuses did not sync to her device.

There must have been some issue with the subscription. While both my iPhone and her iPad showed the Infuse Pro. I noticed that on the iPhone under the logo there was a button that you can tap to see your subscription.

On the iPad that button to see the subscription was not there. I reinstalled the app on the iPad, logged in Trakt, restored the subscription and now Trakt sync works.

Thanks for the help!
Great! So glad you're back on track. :)

Reactions: MjWoNeR

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
what's the difference between the Infuse 5 Pro which is $20.00 and the Free version that is subscription based?

If you scroll down to the bottom here it lays out what is added with Pro. Things like iCloud sync (so you can resume from where you left off on various devices) Airplay support, better audio and more file formats supported https://firecore.com/infuse

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
At some point 6 will be released and be a pair update for pro, subscription will just continue over,. I don't believe there are other differences between having subscription and seperate pro version.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6 is now available for iOS and Apple TV, and includes a host of awesome new features.

Libraries in the cloud
iCloud libraries allow for seamless syncing of metadata, library settings, and playback progress between all your devices. Start a video on iPhone, and easily jump back in where you left off on Apple TV. Mark a few things as watched on one device, and they will instantly sync over to others. No server software to set up and manage, just super-fast, automatic syncing between all your devices...exactly how it should be.

infuse60-library_2x.jpg

Modern playback core
A revamped, powerful playback engine allows Infuse to tackle everything from super-cute cat videos to the latest-spec 4K HDR films. The entire playback pipeline, from file source to pixels-on-the screen, is now stronger, faster, better, and ready to deliver buttery-smooth playback of your favorite videos.

infuse60-speed_2x.jpg

Subtitles on-demand
Thanks to an expanded partnership with OpenSubtitles, subtitle downloads are now 100% ad-free! Plus, an all-new global network of caching servers allows everything to work faster and more reliably than ever before. Search, download, and enjoy!

infuse60-subtitles_2x.jpg

Files app integration
Adding and managing local files is now easier thanks to the native iOS Files app. Files allows for videos and subtitles to be easily moved between apps, organized into folders, or renamed so things always look just right.

infuse60-files_2x.jpg

AirPlay 2 for iOS
Full support for AirPlay 2 and HomePods is now available on iOS. Seamlessly stream audio to any AirPlay enabled speaker while the video stays on iPhone or iPad. Audio sync is handled automatically, naturally.

infuse60-airplay_2x.jpg

A fresh new face
It was time to change things up with the most visible component of the app...the icon. The previous icon served admirably for over 5 years, but was getting a bit long in the tooth. We drew inspiration from where it all started with Infuse v1—channeling the original light painting style, transforming it into something fresh and modern, but still instantly recognizable as Infuse. As added bonus, Infuse 6 includes the option of choosing between light and dark icon versions.

infuse60-icon_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
Many other improvements are packed into this release, and a complete list of what's new can be found here.

Upgrade to Infuse 6 today...for free!
Infuse 6 is a free update for all Infuse Pro subscribers (monthly, yearly, lifetime). Simply visit the App Store and all the new goodies will be ready and waiting for you.

Discounted upgrade options are available for those with the standalone Infuse Pro 5 app. Download the free Infuse 6 app and follow the prompts to upgrade to Pro -or- download the Infuse Pro 6 upgrade bundle.

If you're new to Infuse, you can download Infuse 6 and test drive all the awesome new Pro features for free!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions—so please feel free to post a message in our forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Enjoy! :)

Reactions: 480951

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
If all I’m using is the Plex integration (I prefer Infuses’ interface and functionality vs. the native Plex app) and I previously bought Pro for Infuse 4 and 5, is it recommended to just use the free version of 6 for future updates? (Since the Plex integration is free).

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
If all I’m using is the Plex integration (I prefer Infuses’ interface and functionality vs. the native Plex app) and I previously bought Pro for Infuse 4 and 5, is it recommended to just use the free version of 6 for future updates? (Since the Plex integration is free).
Pro adds some features which you may find useful, and a list of these can be found here.

https://firecore.com/infuse#pro

Reactions: 480951
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.