Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Currently using plex but thinking of giving infuse a try. I used infuse in the past and when I redownloaded it my libraries were all messed up and no matter what I try and do all my media is no longer available. Is there a way to reset infuse so I can start over from scratch ?
To start over from scratch, you can remove the Infuse app from all your devices, and wipe your iCloud data by following the steps found here. https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000070773-iCloud-Trakt-Syncing

Once the iCloud data has been cleared, you can re-download and install Infuse.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.0.7 with advanced share settings, improved streaming, enhanced parental controls, and many other changes is now available.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! :)

D7qPt_4UEAAMkjD.jpg

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I'm having a similar issue that I had before that I thought was fixed. My Windows share is displayed but I get an error when trying to browse the favorited folder.
I have to manually "forget" the share and re-setup almost every other time.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I'm having a similar issue that I had before that I thought was fixed. My Windows share is displayed but I get an error when trying to browse the favorited folder.
I have to manually "forget" the share and re-setup almost every other time.
Hmm, sorry about that.

If this happens again, please drop us a quick report from your device and we'd be happy to take a look into what's going on here.

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215090927-Troubleshooting-and-Getting-Support

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I will. Thanks.
The last time, the fix was in my Windows 10 OS share.
I reset that up and the issue went away.
But IIRC, Infuse wouldn't connect or see the share.
Now, I see the share, I just get an error. It reconnects instantly once I forget and reset up.
I'll check out the support site.
Thanks

john.burn

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
Just updated to tvOS beta 3 as well as macOS Catalina beta 3 and infuse no longer accepts the SMB shares. I created a new share and still it says An error occurred Access denied. Is this broken? All worked on Catalina beta 2. My iPad gives the same error and it’s on beta 2 still, so the likely culprit is Catalina.

John.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.1 is now available, and includes some great new features.

Plex collections
Our friends using Plex can now join in the fun by accessing Collections. Collections are sets of related videos which are automatically grouped together under a single item. These can be found while browsing the ‘All Movies’ and ‘Collections’ sections in the library.

infuse61-collections_2x.jpg

Better TV episode downloads
Sync TV shows faster than ever with new download options. Now, when downloading TV episodes you'll also have the option to download the entire season, or just the episodes you haven't seen yet. More bingy, less tappy—yay!

infuse61-download_2x.jpg

A host of other under-the-hood changes
Packed into this release are a number of internal changes, ranging from better iCloud sync to enhanced frame-rate detection to improved HomePod support which are aimed at ensuring everything keeps working smoothly, no matter what type of videos you're playing or which device you choose to enjoy them on. A complete list of what's new can be found here.

Many good things to come
Apple announced a host of great new enhancements for iOS/tvOS 13, and we've been hard at work integrating these for upcoming versions of Infuse. More news on these features will be available in the coming weeks. #staytuned

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions—so please feel free to post a message in our forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Enjoy!

Reactions: OddyOh and iccb

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Just updated to tvOS beta 3 as well as macOS Catalina beta 3 and infuse no longer accepts the SMB shares. I created a new share and still it says An error occurred Access denied. Is this broken? All worked on Catalina beta 2. My iPad gives the same error and it’s on beta 2 still, so the likely culprit is Catalina.

John.

This is something we’re currentlyy looking into. You can follow the discussion here.

https://firecore.com/forum/topic/23447

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
Do we have shuffle / random play mode now? Didn't see it mentioned, though I know it has been a heavily requested feature last couple years. Are we ever going to see this?

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Did a system reset and reinstalled all my apps (what fun) as I had other probs and its seems to have fixed it at the mo. :)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Reactions: Pug72

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Is there any sort of TestFlight for Infuse for TvOS 13? It's currently very buggy, doesn't bring up film info, often doesn't play my films, I just tried to index my collection and that failed too. Has been broken pretty much ever since I put the TvOS beta on.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is there any sort of TestFlight for Infuse for TvOS 13? It's currently very buggy, doesn't bring up film info, often doesn't play my films, I just tried to index my collection and that failed too. Has been broken pretty much ever since I put the TvOS beta on.
We're in the process of getting things tuned up for iOS/tvOS 13, but we do have quite a few users running the current version of Infuse on the tvOS 13 beta without too many issues.

If you have a chance to send in a quick report from your Apple TV, we can take a deeper look at what may be going on.

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215090927-Troubleshooting-and-Getting-Support

Reactions: Beamerboy

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
We're in the process of getting things tuned up for iOS/tvOS 13, but we do have quite a few users running the current version of Infuse on the tvOS 13 beta without too many issues.

If you have a chance to send in a quick report from your Apple TV, we can take a deeper look at what may be going on.

I think the issue is related to really slow indexing which I see you have fixed in an upcoming version, any idea when a version that fixes the slow indexing will be released?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.