Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I have last version of Infuse 6 Pro and realized, after a while not using it, that it won't read the library off the NAS, actually it had the movies from the last time I watched one but when I added more on the NAS the library won't update nor it would use the NAS as a shared point.

Deleted Infuse and downloaded it again but it still won't work, it shows the NAS both as TS-212 (it's a QNAP TS-212P) and on it's IP address but whilst in the first instance it lets me input my access credentials it still would tell me it can't connect to it whilst on the IP available it doesn't even show the window where to input login data.

Any hint on how can I fix this?

Grazie

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have last version of Infuse 6 Pro and realized, after a while not using it, that it won't read the library off the NAS, actually it had the movies from the last time I watched one but when I added more on the NAS the library won't update nor it would use the NAS as a shared point.

Deleted Infuse and downloaded it again but it still won't work, it shows the NAS both as TS-212 (it's a QNAP TS-212P) and on it's IP address but whilst in the first instance it lets me input my access credentials it still would tell me it can't connect to it whilst on the IP available it doesn't even show the window where to input login data.

Any hint on how can I fix this?

Grazie
Infuse supports a number of different connection types, and many NAS devices support more than one so you will see multiple options in the Add Shares screen. If the connection type you've selected isn't prompting for a user/pass then it's likely a UPnP/DLNA connection. This will work, but some of the Library features won't be available in Infuse.

If possible, connecting via SMB or NFS is preferred and will allow you to access everything Infuse has to offer.

You can view the connection type when setting up the share (or using the Edit option).

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
Unfortunately none of the connections seem to work, there is gotta be some issue with the NAS itself not allowing connections because if I log into the NAS with my usual credentials I can access it like I always did, if I use my login and password into Infuse login window for that very same share I get a connection error message.

This all happened, I suppose, after the NAS got a different IP number off the router, dunno if assigning a manual IP (the old one ending in .07 rather than .05) would help but I will also try and check with the Infuse forums to find out.

Grazie

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
Would it ever be a possibility to add support for the My Cloud Home from Western Digital? I still use Infuse but have it linked to Plex since it only works with that service specifically, and I prefer everything about Infuse over Plex.

Obviously I could get a different server or hard drive for full native support but thought I’d throw that question out there. I’m not sure how much/if it would cost anything or if there’s licensing involved etc. Might be a waste of time but thought I’d ask anyway.

yellowbunny

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Hello,

been using infuse for about two years with a time capsule connected via Ethernet. It’s been fantastic the whole time (apart from the odd bug). Updated to ios13 yesterday and nowit no longer works. Everything seems like it’s about to start, time capsule spins up but nothing happens and then app crashes...

Is this a know issue?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Would it ever be a possibility to add support for the My Cloud Home from Western Digital? I still use Infuse but have it linked to Plex since it only works with that service specifically, and I prefer everything about Infuse over Plex.

Obviously I could get a different server or hard drive for full native support but thought I’d throw that question out there. I’m not sure how much/if it would cost anything or if there’s licensing involved etc. Might be a waste of time but thought I’d ask anyway.
Did WD remove support for SMB in the new versions? I have a WD MyCloud and it works pretty flawlessly with Infuse as an smb share.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
Did WD remove support for SMB in the new versions? I have a WD MyCloud and it works pretty flawlessly with Infuse as an smb share.

Unfortunately (and I didn’t realize this at the time, it’s my fault) the My Cloud Home is a separate line of products and can only be used with video apps that have built in support to the drive itself (!). As far as I know you can’t just connect to it, which is really dumb but is how it is and I’ve had to switch to Plex for over a year now because of it. I switched back to Infuse as soon as they added Plex support but it’s still not as great as it could be.

It was really misleading calling My Cloud Home a personal NAS when it’s so limited in functionality but that’s on Western Digital.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Unfortunately (and I didn’t realize this at the time, it’s my fault) the My Cloud Home is a separate line of products and can only be used with video apps that have built in support to the drive itself (!). As far as I know you can’t just connect to it, which is really dumb but is how it is and I’ve had to switch to Plex for over a year now because of it. I switched back to Infuse as soon as they added Plex support but it’s still not as great as it could be.

It was really misleading calling My Cloud Home a personal NAS when it’s so limited in functionality but that’s on Western Digital.
Wow. That’s certainly interesting and would have been really nice to know before purchase. I didn’t realize that they went proprietary with it.

I would say that if I were to do it over I would find a different solution. In Windows, mine works fine most of the time, however in MacOS it has been spotty at best.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Happy tvOS 13 day! Be sure to grab the latest 6.1.7 update to enable background indexing, playback improvements, and more.

Enjoy! :D

EFPuTFaUcAAFikr

Mannaerts

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Belgium, Antwerp
With a new Atv rumored for november i'm looking to buy one and get Infuse to transcode instead of Plex, but i've also seen that there will be a new Nvidia Shield who is highy rated for 4K streaming. Which should i get for 4K plex streaming?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
With a new Atv rumored for november i'm looking to buy one and get Infuse to transcode instead of Plex, but i've also seen that there will be a new Nvidia Shield who is highy rated for 4K streaming. Which should i get for 4K plex streaming?
The Apple TV of course. ;)

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon

Infuse doesn’t transcode. Plex also doesn’t transcode my files on the atv4k.

And we know nothing about the new shield to be able to comment. Not until people get it and can test. Until then it’s certainly not “highly rated”. It’s an unknown.

I also doubt we’ll see a new atv this year.

Mannaerts

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Belgium, Antwerp
Infuse doesn’t transcode. Plex also doesn’t transcode my files on the atv4k.

And we know nothing about the new shield to be able to comment. Not until people get it and can test. Until then it’s certainly not “highly rated”. It’s an unknown.

I also doubt we’ll see a new atv this year.
The current shield is highly rated for it's transcoding though.
I would rather buy an Atv because of the apple ecosystem i'm in but i want my 4K streams to be flawless so if Infuse 6 can handle it that would be my go to

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
The current shield is highly rated for it's transcoding though.
I would rather buy an Atv because of the apple ecosystem i'm in but i want my 4K streams to be flawless so if Infuse 6 can handle it that would be my go to

The shield doesn’t transcode though(unless you don’t have a pc and you need the shield to be a server but it’s a hassle). The pc running plex server would. And ideally you won’t need it to transcode as your format is supported.

If you want flawless 4K you don’t want transcoding.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010

If you're heavily invested in Apple (which, judging by your signature you are) I think the :apple:TV is the better choice. It's nice to have the ability to Airplay anything from your phone or Mac, view your iCloud photo library, access music etc on top of using apps like Infuse, Plex etc.

Reactions: Mannaerts

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Infuse doesn't have to transcode, as mentioned above but it depends on the device the media is being played on. If your Infuse is hooked up to Plex Server and your TV isn't capable of playing the file then some transcoding will still need to happen (as far as I'm aware).

Not that much of an issue these days as most modern TVs can play anything thrown at them - in which case Infuse is far superior in its playback than Plex.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.2 is available today and includes some fancy new features.

All-new custom playlists

Playlists have arrived in Infuse 6.2! Now with just a few taps you can easily group lists of your favorite movies, shows, and home videos together. Playlists sync via iCloud (Pro only), so your lists will always be up-to-date no matter which device you find yourself using. Playlists can also be pinned to the home screen on Apple TV for quick and easy access.

Playlists

Loop and shuffle

Loop and shuffle are making their debut in 6.2. These handy new options can be used for just about anything, including: playlists, folders, library categories, and more. Shuffle play random episodes from your favorite TV series, set up a looping playlist of Peppa Pig episodes for your little ones, or just sit back and watch the entire LoTR trilogy in order. The options are endless.

Loop and shuffle

More external storage

Get more space for your favorite videos on iOS. Infuse now supports direct playback from USB devices on iPad, as well as the latest SanDisk iXpand Go flash drives. iXpand devices will appear right inside Infuse, and USB devices can be accessed via the iOS Files app or through the ‘via Documents’ option in Infuse.

More USB drives

Plus a few other improvements...

We've also squeezed in a smattering of other small under-the-hood changes to help things work better than ever before. A complete list of what's new can be found here.

Thanks!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions—so please feel free to post a message in our forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions

Please please add per-folder view options. I want to sort one folder by release date, another folder by title in alphabetical order, and a third folder by date added. Right now it's one setting for all folders, which isn't good.

Reactions: hxlover904

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
And I’m still waiting on a separate section for IPTV:(. Would be nice to load my IPTV streams in Infuse.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Please please add per-folder view options. I want to sort one folder by release date, another folder by title in alphabetical order, and a third folder by date added. Right now it's one setting for all folders, which isn't good.
I'll pass along the idea. Thanks!
I upgraded to 6.2, I see no options for playlists or shuffle on the Apple tv
On tvOS, simply long-press the Play/Pause button any folder, library category, or playlist. You'll get a popup with Play, Loop, and Shuffle options. :)
And I’m still waiting on a separate section for IPTV:(. Would be nice to load my IPTV streams in Infuse.
I'll pass along the idea. Thanks!

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
This is exciting! I have the version 5 pro (standalone purchase). Any discounts to upgrade to 6?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.