Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
This is exciting! I have the version 5 pro (standalone purchase). Any discounts to upgrade to 6?
As a matter of fact, yes! :)

Reactions: BeefCake 15

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
As a matter of fact, yes! :)

Wow, that is some steep raise from the last time i purchased it, and just $3 discount for prior owners.

Also, is there any way to set at a folder level that the specific folder contains only Movies or TV Shows or Other? Currently several folders have those 0000.mts files that all mess up the categories.

Nowak94

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2019
Illinois, United States
Any chance Infuse could integrate into the Apple TV app is or on Apple to allow API access?

Even with Apple TV app support Netflix still doesn’t integrate with it. Any plans on deep linking to all the various existing TV apps to sort of bypass the Apple TV app.

I’d love to be able to have one app and be able to watch both content on my Plex server and also on the streaming services I’m subbed to.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
It's a good suggestion. I'd guess Netflix have chosen not to integrate because it bypasses any way you might stay within their app - and that's crucial for them

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Also, is there any way to set at a folder level that the specific folder contains only Movies or TV Shows or Other? Currently several folders have those 0000.mts files that all mess up the categories.
Yes, if you have folders you don't want Infuse to try and match, you can long-press on them and select the 'Use Local Metadata' option. This will place these videos into the Other category.
Any chance Infuse could integrate into the Apple TV app is or on Apple to allow API access?

Even with Apple TV app support Netflix still doesn’t integrate with it. Any plans on deep linking to all the various existing TV apps to sort of bypass the Apple TV app.

I’d love to be able to have one app and be able to watch both content on my Plex server and also on the streaming services I’m subbed to.
It's not available right now, but we're keeping an eye on this for the future.

snipah

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
Any idea, when Emby-support will be available in Infuse? Really like Infuse, but have everything set up in Emby, which is working beautifully. I saw, that Emby-support is on your 'planned-features' list, but it is not assigned to a specific release yet...

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Any idea, when Emby-support will be available in Infuse? Really like Infuse, but have everything set up in Emby, which is working beautifully. I saw, that Emby-support is on your 'planned-features' list, but it is not assigned to a specific release yet...
We don't have an ETA right now, but it's something we hope to explore in the future.

Bucks_Fizz

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2018
Hi. Any idea when their will be a fix for the delete button not working on the latest version? - Tvos?

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
Have been enjoying the Shuffle option in latest release...works great!
Is there a way, or planned, to allow play/shuffle/loop recursively through any underlying folders? Now that the menu is there, they could be additional options to do so recursively (while still keep the option of doing non-recursively)?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Have been enjoying the Shuffle option in latest release...works great!
Is there a way, or planned, to allow play/shuffle/loop recursively through any underlying folders? Now that the menu is there, they could be additional options to do so recursively (while still keep the option of doing non-recursively)?
We don't have any immediate plans to add recursive shuffle for folders, but loop/shuffle also works in the Library. So if you wanted to shuffle episodes from an entire TV series, all your home movies, or the LoTR trilogy you can.

sargein

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
We don't have any immediate plans to add recursive shuffle for folders, but loop/shuffle also works in the Library. So if you wanted to shuffle episodes from an entire TV series, all your home movies, or the LoTR trilogy you can.

Good to know, but unfortunately that doesn't work for what I am trying to do. So I have home videos for vacation/year by [5YrGroup]/[Year]/[Vacation]. E.g. "2011-2015"/"2015"/"San Francisco" and "Hawaii". Sometimes I want to shuffle just the Hawaii videos, but sometimes shuffle all videos in 2015, or all videos in the period 2011 - 2015. I am sure there are several other use cases as well.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Good to know, but unfortunately that doesn't work for what I am trying to do. So I have home videos for vacation/year by [5YrGroup]/[Year]/[Vacation]. E.g. "2011-2015"/"2015"/"San Francisco" and "Hawaii". Sometimes I want to shuffle just the Hawaii videos, but sometimes shuffle all videos in 2015, or all videos in the period 2011 - 2015. I am sure there are several other use cases as well.
Thanks for the info.

I'm going to pass this along. Maybe it's something we can add in the future.

Reactions: sargein

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Are there any Black Friday discounts coming up for various purchase or subscription options?
Unfortunately not, sorry.

We had some special launch pricing for subscriptions when Infuse 5 was first released, but aside from that Infuse has never really gone on sale.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
@firecore I'm experiencing serious issues with TV metadata (it doesn't find any anymore!) since a couple of days ago. I'm in China. Movies metadata works fine.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore I'm experiencing serious issues with TV metadata (it doesn't find any anymore!) since a couple of days ago. I'm in China. Movies metadata works fine.
Sorry for the trouble.

The metadata source Infuse uses for TV shows (TheTVDb) has been having some issues over the past few days.

Things are mostly back to normal now, so if you are seeing issues with metadata in Infuse you can use the 'Edit' option to reload metadata for a particular series, which will resolve most issues. More info on this option can be found in this guide under the 'Making Corrections' section: https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215090947-Metadata-101

TheTVDb is still working to resolve a handful of outstanding issues, so things should continue to improve in the next day or two. They have posted a list of items they are currently working on here: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

Also, in the future you can keep an eye on the current status of Infuse's metadata providers at: https://stats.fireco.re/

Hope this helps!

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Also, in the future you can keep an eye on the current status of Infuse's metadata providers at: https://stats.fireco.re/

Hope this helps!

This page says they've been fine for a couple of days - they certainly haven't, it still wasn't working for me a few hours after your post!

However... waiting another half a day has done the trick. I'm cooking on gas. :)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
This page says they've been fine for a couple of days - they certainly haven't, it still wasn't working for me a few hours after your post!

However... waiting another half a day has done the trick. I'm cooking on gas. :)
Yes, the API was totally down for a few days, then came back up with a few issues.

Things are *almost* back to normal now, but we're still keeping an eye on it.

Reactions: nicho

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.2.3 is rolling out today, and includes new home screen customization options, better progress sync, playback improvements, and more. Happy Thanksgiving! ?

https://firecore.com/releases

623.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.