Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wie Gehts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
I'm using Sierra on my Mini. I want to update it to High Sierra but I want to test out first on a clone.

I made a clone using SuperDuper which is supposed to make it bootable. I booted up the Mini (Sierra) and proceeded to run the HS installer, which I had made sure to download and save during the time it was available, onto clone.

The installer allowed me to choose the clone to install onto. I run it. It does something for 2 minutes then it says the machine may want to restart several times during the install process.

Machine restarts then..... nothing happens. I'm thinking maybe it needs to reboot with the clone itself. So I restart holding option. Clone doesn't appear in choices. I boot normally then try choosing the clone in prefs > startup disk. The clone is listed there and choose it. Doesn't work....still boots with my normal system.

What am I doing wrong here? This should be simple. Make clone. Install new OS onto clone. Boot with cloned drive. And Bob's your uncle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.