Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedoofa

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2012
Hey all. My name is Kay, and I'm a voiceover (why does this feel like a help group introduction?!)

I record using an Audio Technica AT4050 mic into a Focusrite Saffire pro. I use Adobe Audition as I don't really need the complexity of Pro tools.

So hi! Thankyou for having me :)

Reactions: sniper_wolf

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Hi guys, I'm Liam, but I go by the name Snoviet.

I use an m audio mobile pre interface connected to my MacBook Pro 13 inch always running the latest OSX. I'm have Pro Tools SE at current but am in the process of switching to MP9.

macuser1232

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2012
Hi, my name is Adam and I am a student that is currently studying and is extremely interested in Programming, Computer Science, and anything dealing with computers. I am a Mac user and am getting more and more familiar with linux. I am extremely eager to learn and am always looking for anything to help me gain knowledge. PM me if you have any suggestions for me.

fiatlux

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2007
Hello,

I am a Mac user for a few years but am new to music (my Macs were mostly used for digital photography so far and then typical browsing/mailing...).

My current Mac music kit is as follows: M-Audio Keyrig 49 keyboard, Mac Pro running Ableton Live (and Garageband, of course) and LaCie USB speakers. Looking foward to upgrading the speakers on the Mac.

I'll get a better keyboard too but that's likely to be a standalone digital piano.

sean barry

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Belding, MI
I guess I'll start from the bebinning

Hello, My name is Sean Barry. I made a few posts here (Digital Audio) kinda sorta by mistake.
OK, I am a retired live sound engineer, Glorified Roadie:) I don't have a Mac yet and I know little about computer recording. I have been hanging around the Mini forum here for a few weeks. I plan on scoring one soon as I have been saving my pennies for a few months.
I had a PowerBook G4 several years ago and had fun GarageBanding with it. I used Win XP & 7 cheap Dells for quite a spell, as $$$ dictated. Not bad OSs for the darkside...OOPS
As you can see I have ADDA, rare for a 66 year old.
To the point;
I think the 2012 Minis are pretty strong medicine for the $$$
http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks
Comparable with 2008 Mac Pros? As far as processor power, ram capabilities, perhaps new and faster I/Os. (2008) Nowhere near the Pros in expandability or awesomeness!
Somebody tell me what else to say:eek:

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Hello everyone, my name's Brian. I'm currently a student at Northeastern University, and I have a strong background in musical theatre. I've music directed a number of shows, and I'm also played in too many pit orchestras to list. I'm getting into composition right now, and am in the process of writing a few musicals.

Current setup at home is a Yamaha Motif XF8 and a CP33. I use a Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 for home use, and a MOTU Ultralite for live gigs. I record with Pro Tools, and mix with Yamaha HS80Ms.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm pretty knowledgable about Mainstage and using it in musical theatre settings.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Welcome Brian. Funny, my daughter got a BFA in Musical Theatre in 2004. I'm a scenic designer and her mother is a costume designer. Today, she is the operations manager for a large advertising agency in New York (her husband is an actor though).

You never know what turns lay ahead in the road. :)

Freqsound

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Hello to all. I have been a performing and recording musician since 1975, and have been involved with Macs and audio software since 1985. Way too much information about me is available on my website . The short version is I've been involved with lots of software and hardware development for over 25 years, I teach digital audio recording and MIDI at http://www.sheffieldav.com, and these days focus mainly on MOTU 's Digital Performer (who I still test for) and Avid Pro Tools. I'm very familiar with Kurzweil keyboards, many legacy MIDI products, and am happy to help any way I can on the forums here.

ljusmc

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2012
LJ, 26. Currently in the Marine Corps but recorded some stuff before joining along with production using Adobe Audition and FL Studio. Got a MBP and moved on to Logic. In the learning phase and plan on going to school for audio engineering and video production. Im also trying to get into DJ'ing.

iBeat

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2013
Introducing

Hi all friend I'm newbie for this forum. For me I like music and sometime I will make beat such as Hip Hop, House, Dubstep etc... I don't expert in music production but I only like it (beginner). If I have good work sometime I may show here or if I have a problem I will find answers from this forum. Thank you bye.

Won2won

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2013
Won2won

Sup,
Won2won here, Im using logic pro 9 on a mac book.
I want to purchase the duet 2 for my vocals but I wanted to know if the duet 2 will enhance the beat I made in logic pro 9. I want to focus on the quality of the beat first and i know you can mix and master using logic pro but will adding the duet 2 enhance the quality of my productions as well? Thanx...

fastpurplemedia

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
Doncaster
Introduction

Hi everyone! :)
My self Fastpurplemedia; I am new at MacRumors Forums. I'm a web designer and doing web designing from more than 10 years. I Have my own Digital marketing agency.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivr56

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2013
Hi all new person to the forums here my name is Ivor
I'm currently going to school at the School of Interactive Arts and Technology up here in Vancouver, BC and I consider myself to be a interactive developer. I like to build user experiences in both the physical and digital worlds. I do a diverse mix of Design and New Media related works.

Recently has been occupied in Installation design. Currently working on the stage design for TEDxSFU and a Kinect powered audio installation. :D

Audio Related Favourite Software:
Soundflower (Beautiful for Audio Routing),
MaxMSP5 (Audio/Visual Programing + Interfacing Xbox Kinect to MIDI)
Reason 5 (Virtual Instrument Stage)
Adobe Audition (Video audio mastering + ADR Recording mainly)

Then much more in various other fields.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I'm Drew Armstrong, and although I've been on this forum for years, I've never really looked at the audio section.

I love music, recording etc and I look forward to reading posts and getting advice ;)

I record using my mid- 2013 MacBook Air with Logic Pro. Link to my website (which is a work in progress) in my sig

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jake, I am currentley a Music Technology Student in the UK, I work off a Mac Pro in my "bedroom" setup, I use Logic Pro X & Ableton Live 9 Suite. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 and some older Roland MA-20 monitors. I have a load of VSTs and load of Korg MIDI controllers, a Korg M50 which I play live with along with my MacBook running Ableton Live and a Novation Launchpad S. I primarily produce electronic music, currently working on a Dubstep track which I would love you all to hear, will put it on Soundcloud when done.

Nice to meet you!

Jake

Schnitzel1979

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
Hi everybody,

my name is Christian Schmitt. I am from Munich in Germany.
Right now I use Garageband, but will switch to Logic Pro X when
the new rMBP`s are coming out.

Best regards,
Christian

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Hi all! I'm Alli, former mod over on iMore. Left because it's become a fascist state. I have my own tech blog, and have been at this for many years.

In real life, I'm a high school teacher, and on the side I am the face of support for Ascendo, Inc., the company that brings you DataVault and the best dictionaries out there.

producerspot

Suspended
Feb 11, 2014
Hi all.
My name is Simon and I'm a music producer since age of 14 when I get hand on Fruity Loops v3 back then. After years I made from ​​this hobby a way of life.

I work now as a sound designer, sound engineers, making sample packs for majority of DAW programs, including Logic Pro...and I'm also the owner of ProducerSpot.com, a website where you can read news from music production industry, latest releases from sample labels, hardware, software, tutorials and production tips, free download and many more.

Cheers all!

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
My name is Ian MacGregor and I am a member of Clan Gregor. I grew up around the world, due to my father being a member of the U.S. Army, and I served in the US Navy, as a field medic (NEC HM-8404), where I visited several countries and participated in UNITAS. I'm an ordained minister and hold two doctorate degrees.

I have been using computers since the 1970′s and building computers since the 1990′s. I have been using Linux since it became my sole operating system in 2001. I purchased the HTC G1 a few days after it was released and stayed with Android for a while. I also became an Android developer and have created themes, apps and ROMs for that platform.

After Android Gingerbread was released I dumped Android, moved to iOS and have been very happy with Apple products. I'm currently saving for a Mac mini (Core i7 model) and can't wait to get my hands on it.

silversurfer91

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2014
Hello all. I'm Josh. I'm just getting into digital audio production. Currently building my rig around one of the new Mac Pros. Looking forward to contributing to the forum!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.