Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildheart3

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2016
Hi Wildheart3,

I have since found what was really causing my problems with alerts. I had an old iPad from work that sat unused in a file cabinet. When I dug it out the battery had died and the date/ time had set itself to 01 Jan 1970. After recharging and resetting the date and time through settings I did a factory reset and removed the device from my iCloud account. My alerts have worked perfectly since (going on 2 months now).

Cheers,
John

Hi John.

I'm pleased that you've found a solution that works for you.
:) I'm a little wary of doing a factory reset, as all my stuff is backed up to iCloud...

Mine is a fairly new iPhone and to be honest, I've given up the ghost and deleted Google Calendar, which I'm not happy about as it's a much better layout than the stock iOS App IMO, but having gone back to the stock App I'm getting all of my notifications with no issues (as yet! ;))

Pity, because, I'm pretty hooked into Google via Photos/Email/Contacts etc..it would've been nice to keep it all there!

KingCyrusIII

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
[doublepost=1514035203][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1481815670][/doublepost]I too had this problem. I tried all fixes, talked to Apple support and Apple store, etc. When checking Do Not Disturb was off (and it was!) I dug down to bottom of settings and where it shows Silence I switched the check mark from "Only when iphone is locked" to "Always" My alerts have worked flawlessly since then. Some weird bug I suspect, give it a try.

Cheers,
John

John, thanks. That did the trick. I wish Apple would do better quality assurance on their products. This weird bug made me almost miss an appointment.

Bhamer123

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2018
Try Settings>Notifications>Calendar and make sure notifications are set to on. This had been driving me mad for weeks. Final straw was missed appointment at the vets this morning so decided to get to the bottom of it. My notifications was turned off, turned them on and hey presto, it works.

As stupid as this fix is (bc it’s obvious), this worked for me as well. I don’t know why but I feel that I checked notifications and didn’t even see an icon for calendar and after reading this I checked again and sure enough it was there and unchecked. Hidden in plain site. Is it me or is IOS actually getting more confusing? Not to start a new thread but so many functions in settings are not intuitive and overly complex. I can’t get my iCloud photos on my phone bc of all of the confusing and almost nonsensical iCloud photo settings. That’s not to say iCloud photos every really made sense in settings but now it’s non functioning for me and remains non intuitive

MRNorville

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2018
Hartford
As stupid as this fix is (bc it’s obvious), this worked for me as well. I don’t know why but I feel that I checked notifications and didn’t even see an icon for calendar and after reading this I checked again and sure enough it was there and unchecked. Hidden in plain site. Is it me or is IOS actually getting more confusing? Not to start a new thread but so many functions in settings are not intuitive and overly complex. I can’t get my iCloud photos on my phone bc of all of the confusing and almost nonsensical iCloud photo settings. That’s not to say iCloud photos every really made sense in settings but now it’s non functioning for me and remains non intuitive
[doublepost=1528835616][/doublepost]Has anyone noticed that there is a new "default alert time" setting in iOS 11? That solved the issue for me. Go to Settings, scroll down and select Calendar and then select "Default Alert Times." That solved the issue for me.

Srijana

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2019
The above switch to "Always" under Settings > Do Not Disturb > Silence worked for me. Had this issue since the upgrade to iOS 10.2. It was affecting both Exchange and Google Calendars using the iPhone native Calendar app. Oh, did a reboot after the change as well.
[doublepost=1483973824][/doublepost]

The above switch to "Always" under Settings > Do Not Disturb > Silence worked for me. Had this issue since the upgrade to iOS 10.2. It was affecting both Exchange and Google Calendars using the iPhone native Calendar app. Oh, did a reboot after the change as well.

Thanks!! This absolutely worked for me!! Yayyy!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.