Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Nadeem_Guroo

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2017
Is there any way on ios 11 to install(downgrade) the carrier settings on an iphone like it was in available in ios 10

iOZZY

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2013
Stamford, England
Bit the bullet and installed iOS 11.4.1 on my launch day 6 Plus. So far it seems fine and the battery health reporting 94%. Not bad for a nearly 4 year old device.

PatrikCoC

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2016
I mentioned a bug where if anyone on an iPhone X put down the brightness to 0, Clash Royale starts to lag, and will be smooth if you increase it again. Well, it appears that Google Maps is also affected. I did a clean reinstall to start fresh, and still.

c47v3770

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2016
I'm sure it's been reported but iMessages still out of order. Must be an iOS 11 feature ;)

nopster

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
It seems that any third app for blocking spam calls are no more available under Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.
I tried TrueCaller, Hiya and others. I don't know when stopped working, but before both apps worked great.
Anyone has the same problem?

Edit: after hard reset, and leaving iPhone in standby, it magically reappeared

Last edited:

Nelimungous

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2017
Bluetooth is hosed for me. My Plantronics headset constantly disconnects. Can't answer a call, as soon as I do it goes to phone then I have to hit the BT button every time. Pain the the ASS!

Reactions: mohdamerul

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
USB Accessories (General >> TouchID & Passcode) was "Off" by default after the upgrade.. I thought it was 'on' by default.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
USB Accessories (General >> TouchID & Passcode) was "Off" by default after the upgrade.. I thought it was 'on' by default.

Off is “enabled”. Basically the setting is saying what is allowed on the lock without unlocking the device. So disabling the option for USB accessories means they are not allowed to be used without unlocking the device.

FotorX

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2018
Hungary
Hi everyone! I have a question, is it normal if I see the Measure app in the App Store while I am on iOS 11.4.1? I thought it will be a part of iOS 12, but it is in the App Store ready to download. App icon is the same as in iOS 12, developed by Apple and takes up 566,3kb. Thanks in advance!

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Hi everyone! I have a question, is it normal if I see the Measure app in the App Store while I am on iOS 11.4.1? I thought it will be a part of iOS 12, but it is in the App Store ready to download. App icon is the same as in iOS 12, developed by Apple and takes up 566,3kb. Thanks in advance!

Probably not normal, but it's nothing serious I imagine. I see it there and I'm on iOS 10.3.3. Can't download it though, after I press the Install button it turns back into the Get button. :p

FotorX

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2018
Hungary
Probably not normal, but it's nothing serious I imagine. I see it there and I'm on iOS 10.3.3. Can't download it though, after I press the Install button it turns back into the Get button. :p
Yeah you are right, does the same thing for me, the app description even says “iOS 12 required”. I asked before I checked it out properly. I think this is just an indication that the app will be removable and can be downloaded again anytime on iOS 12.

Reactions: viperGTS

Eksoccer99

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2018
Even though measure app is in iOS 12 betas and iOS 12 is required. Measure app and shortcut app will be app store driven/downloadable. I believe was said in keynote. C'mon September

JohnnyW2K1

Suspended
Jan 27, 2016
London, UK
Cripes. My SE has gone backwards. LOTS of jank. Moments where the keyboard lags, or a button press lags, for like 20 seconds. It's almost like Apple are deliberately making iOS 11 worse so that iOS 12 will seem even nicer :-/

JohnnyW2K1

Suspended
Jan 27, 2016
London, UK
Wow. My SE is just getting worse. It’s like it was before I had the battery replaced. It frequently has moments where it completely fails to respond for several seconds. What gives?

radubraharu

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2018
Romania
Interesting. My SE works flawlessly. I would suggest to backup, reset and then set your phone as new, only to check if it has the same behavior

souko

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2017
Is there any possibility that there is bug in cellular data? iPhone using data when is on WiFi and cellular for icloud are turned off (even iOS counter is not adding data use)? T-mobile is saying I have used data but I was on WiFi. They say that I used 1000 MB. (It is problem - I have 2000 MB data for month.) Should I blame T-Mobile?

Last edited:

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Lately the battery screen on my 7 Plus has been behaving oddly. Twice this past week I noticed that the battery usage/standby time wasn't resetting when the battery hit 100% charge. Last night I have 120 usage hours listed because of that. Restarting the phone fixed that.

Around the same time the app battery usage history disappeared and slowly started to populate as if I had just set up the phone.

Also I've been hit constantly by an issue where the usage and standby time climb at the same rate. I have no idea what triggers it, but again rebooting seems to fix that.

TCholvibul

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2018
Not sure what device you are on but I also noticed much improved performance over 11.4 on an iPhone 7 Plus and X.
[doublepost=1536045141][/doublepost]My iPhone 7 Plus freezes a lot as well with ios 11.4.1. Is there a way to reset when the screen freezes? I tried holding the power button and power+home buttons together and still froze.

radubraharu

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2018
Romania
Normally I would suggest you to backup, reset and set it as new, to see if the behavior is still the same. Now you have r other alternative also, you can be a little patient and wait for iOS 12 to see how it works with it

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Is this ok ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odzzlaawi40hi5t/IMG_0683.MOV?dl=0
(edited to speed up the setup process)

Looking at the following link for trusted root certs : https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208125 on iOS 11

It doesn't appear there, the "Common name" is slightly different, hence the invalid cert probably.. Just curious should i still proceed ?

This only appears when activating over cell provider, not via iTunes.

"Entrust Certification Authority L1K"

I don't remember this in 10.3.3 of iOS, so either Apple had the root not in the list and they just ignored it, or they are just bringing it to users attention of "invalid certs" in this version of iOS.

The fact its to 'users attention" brings this up now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.