Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anders Bob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Denmark
Just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11 and the Bluetooth connection with my car (Renault, using R-link 2) has stopped working. They connect automatically, but a few seconds later the connection is lost. Then they reconnect again and lose connection again. Over and over again.

I've tried everything I can think of: Rebooting both the iPhone and car. Re-pairing devices. Resetting the phone to factory settings. Updated car software. Even tried to shut down my Apple Watch, so it didn't interfere.

Nothing helped.

Everything worked perfect yesterday before the update.
I use the car+phone 2 hours every day, so I'm desperate to get it fixed.

Anyone knows what to do?

mloiterman

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
I have the same issue with 2016 BMW 550. I’ve done everything I can think of and nothing really helps. For now, I’m just using the usb connection which is working fine.

I believe it’s just a bug in iOS 11 and we’ll just have wait for Apple to sort it out.

Anders Bob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Denmark
I have the same issue with 2016 BMW 550. I’ve done everything I can think of and nothing really helps. For now, I’m just using the usb connection which is working fine.

I believe it’s just a bug in iOS 11 and we’ll just have wait for Apple to sort it out.

Just updated to 11.01 but it didn't fix the problem for me yet. More waiting...

TH5620

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2016
Mx
Anybody else having trouble with iOS 11 and Honda and Acura Bluetooth systems?

I'm growing a little concerned after running through a few cars and finding several problems.

• Low playback volume with stored audio
    Low volume on Bluetooth calls making the call impossible
    Contact names will not populate over numbers
    Voice commands from Bluetooth HandsFreeLink no longer work

10.3.3 works fine but iOS 11 does not.

Multiple tests, multiple cars in a range from 2014 - 2018.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Mine is also being annoyingly fussy about connections. More often than not I'll have to manually pair my 7 Plus with my E Class.

Also forget about CarPlay, it's completely broken. Bluetooth was meant to be the backup option and Apple ****ed that too.

MjWoNeR

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Sweden
I didn't notice anything iffy with the Bluetooth connection on my Hyundai but I'll give it a thorough testing next time.

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
I'm having the same problem as the OP with my iPhone 8 Plus on iOS11 and iOS11.01, bluetooth disconnects and then reconnects over and over and over, etc.. I'm on a 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum with tech package. This is driving me insane, never had this issue on my iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 10.3.3. I also take a lot of conference calls in my car so this is a big problem for me.

marek.p

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Los Angeles, US
Similar here. iPhone 8+, OS 11.01, 2017 Mini Cooper. during the call Entertainment system just repeatedly restarts itself. The call is not disconnected, just dropped from bluetooth connection. After Ent Sys restarts it reconnects, and restarts again.

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
Just got done with an online chat with Apple.

Their answer on this was priceless, they said they haven't received any complaints as of yet regarding bluetooth dropping with iOS 11 or the iPhone 8 or 8+ and that I'm the first to escalate this and that I most likely need to have my firmware updated on my infotainment system in my Murano and there's nothing wrong with the phone or the OS.

...wow

Anders Bob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Denmark
Just got done with an online chat with Apple.

Their answer on this was priceless, they said they haven't received any complaints as of yet regarding bluetooth dropping with iOS 11 or the iPhone 8 or 8+ and that I'm the first to escalate this and that I most likely need to have my firmware updated on my infotainment system in my Murano and there's nothing wrong with the phone or the OS.

...wow

Not so promising :)

Reactions: TheArcher

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
Not so promising :)
Doesn't sound like it. Now I want my iPhone 7 on iOS 10.3.3 back, LOL.

I honestly don't believe that I'm the very first person to officially report this considering I've seen at least 15 different discussion on the Apple Support forums on this same exact topic, just different brand cars.

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
Every year with every iOS launch there are Bluetooth car connection issues. Best to sit it out until x.1 release or now just wait.
I had intermittent issues on my 2015 BMW with 11.0 but they went away after repairing and restarting both phone and car entertainment system.

Reactions: johnny hotsauce

Rocko99991

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2017
Same issue with my headphones and the bluetooth in my car.
I am having the same issues with multiple headphones. About every 3-5 minutes I get 1-2 second drop outs. Headphones are 2' away from 7plus. Never had drops on IOS 10.

ty07allstar

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2016
I am having the same issues with multiple headphones. About every 3-5 minutes I get 1-2 second drop outs. Headphones are 2' away from 7plus. Never had drops on IOS 10.

Everything worked fine for me until 11.0.1. I've used the beta and never had this issue with my iPhone 7. All started with the 8 and 11.0.1.

Reactions: Rocko99991

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
I seem to be back up and running. I went into settings and reset network settings (for the second time) and it seemed to work this time around. Yay!

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
How did you repair car entertainment system ? Maybe I can follow your steps in my Mini (both ent-sys share some similarities)
Sorry, re-pairing, i.e. delete devices on both phone and car, re-boot car entertainment system and iPhone (hard reset) and then pair again. No issue since then.

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2012
Up until installing iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 I was still having problems with the Bluetooth skipping issue that affected some iPhone 7 users from release day.

Thankfully that has finally been fixed.

In the last few days the track listing has disappeared from the headunit but that seems to have settled.

The only other point I would mention is that it can take around ten seconds between starting my car and BT audio starting; prior to iOS 11 it took 2-3 seconds.

MjWoNeR

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Sweden
I gave mine a thorough testing on my Hyundai and everything works as before. Connects automatically, stays connected. Music and calls work.

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2011
Having stutter issues when playing music over Bluetooth since updating my 6S to iOS 11. I drive a 2015 VW GTI. 11.0.1 did not do anything to fix it nor did forgetting/repairing devices.

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
I'm having issues with the contacts syncing in my 2015 mazda 3. It takes a long time for the contacts to sync and it doesn't sync all contacts. Everything else works fine. Didn't have any issues on iOS 10. On an iPhone 7 plus.

JonRockhead

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2017
I just got the iPhone 8 plus and the Bluetooth doesn’t work at all. It does not even pick up anything around it. Unfortunately I have the newest iOS on it.
Apple iOS 11.0.1

Tried a hard reset, cleared network settings and nothing helps. Thinking of calling Verizon tomorrow and sending it back.
Any help appreciated

Frado

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2009
I'm having the same issue with my BMW F30 2013 and my iPhone 8 Plus on latest fw. Bluetooth audio streaming seems to be working fine, but when receiving a call the connection often drops: the call is still going but goes back to to earspeaker. After 5 seconds the connection is restored and the call is back on speakers.
Let's hope this gets fixed quickly...

Reactions: Chale1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.