Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I frequently experience audio cutting out on my 2017 BMW. Very annoying. All seems to have started with iOS 11.

Car software (iDrive) has been updated too.

npapanik

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2018
Athens, Greece
After iOS 11 the "Voice Control" function over BT has stopped (Kenwood DPX-5000BT - latest firmware). By "Voice Control" I don't mean Siri (since my native language is not supported by Siri). Before iOS 11 it was working fine. I don't have any disconnections as others have. Just the "Voice Control" which is disappointing since this is very useful while driving...

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I have a pioneer double din deck last years model that I am having issues with, Bluetooth connects fine however there is a delay skipping tracks from the deck of about 20 seconds to 1 full minute! Songs even randomly change without touching any buttons or the phone. One minute I am signing along the next bam song change out of no where it’s really getting on my nerves!

I’ve restored, rebooted, erased paired devices and re paired, also have the latest firmware on the deck.

As of last week I was still on 10.3.3 and everything was working perfect now I might as well put the stock stereo back in and go back to old school aux cable.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I have a pioneer double din deck last years model that I am having issues with, Bluetooth connects fine however there is a delay skipping tracks from the deck of about 20 seconds to 1 full minute! Songs even randomly change without touching any buttons or the phone. One minute I am signing along the next bam song change out of no where it’s really getting on my nerves!

I’ve restored, rebooted, erased paired devices and re paired, also have the latest firmware on the deck.

As of last week I was still on 10.3.3 and everything was working perfect now I might as well put the stock stereo back in and go back to old school aux cable.
I have the same issue with my car- it takes FOREVER to change tracks, to the point where it's often not even worth trying. The only "fix" is to press the home or side button on the phone, because it changes songs perfectly fine when the screen is on. Weird.

Reactions: ipooed

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I have the same issue with my car- it takes FOREVER to change tracks, to the point where it's often not even worth trying. The only "fix" is to press the home or side button on the phone, because it changes songs perfectly fine when the screen is on. Weird.
apple releasing all these no distraction features yet with our stereos we can’t use them hands free as intended. Wonder if Apple will pay our fines for switching tracks with our phones since they broke it

Attachments

• 4820DA4D-02AD-4A76-A005-239DCF0D84B5.png
    4820DA4D-02AD-4A76-A005-239DCF0D84B5.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 400

Slbarkman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2017
I have the same issue with my 2017 Acura RDX. Phonebook will not download or disappears immediately. I have tried everything and seems Honda Motor Corp blames Apple and Apple Care tells me its a Honda problem. Give me a break. Everything worked perfectly until the latest IOS update. Lesson here, don't update phone when it is working fine and try out any car bluetooth before buying it!

Did you ever get a resolution? I hsve a 2017 RDX too using an iPhone 6. Hate not knowing who is calling.
[doublepost=1516253946][/doublepost]
Have you taken the step that worked for many of us with Hondas/Acuras; namely, did you go through your Contacts on the iPhone and delete every single instance of a profile or Contacts picture?

I did. Still says unknown caller for all ibpund coming calls. 2017 RDX and iPhone 6.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
With my pioneer deck I submitted a bug report with apple, however they need a sysdiganose. I cannot assess the sysdiganose nor the instructions without logging into the developer account I don’t have. Any way around this?

Attachments

• DFB929CB-D7CC-4873-88BA-D484E9DDD001.png
    DFB929CB-D7CC-4873-88BA-D484E9DDD001.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 354

cclement

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2018
Minnesota, USA
I have the same issue here on my Hyundai 2011 Elantra.
It was driving me nuts!,
callers would tell me I sound like I’m underwater ,
re-paired phone multiple times I’m going to try to Bluetooth trick suggested above ...
I called Apple they seem to be pretty clueless about this ?.
never had a problem on the iPhone 7 or 6S ..but with the IPhone X it has been since IOS 11.1...

I've had this problem for several months on my iPhone 6s and X. I was thinking it was my 2016 Chevy! People would tell me that I sounded like I was "underwater" But I could hear them fine and my music streamed to my car BT fine. Then I put my Apple Watch in Airplane Mode and that fixed my phone issue! Everyone says that I sound better! It's like the watch is using all the BT bandwidth and my voice was terrible to my callers. So now if I want to talk on my car BT, I have to quickly put my watch in Airplane Mode.

fastl678

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for letting us know you guys have been having better luck. Any disconnects since you've updated?
When you talk about Ios 11.3 do you mean the beta version, correct? I'm having the same issue with my Mazda CX-7 audio bluetooth connection (I can make calls but the audio streming lags continuosly).

xtcnrice

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
When you talk about Ios 11.3 do you mean the beta version, correct? I'm having the same issue with my Mazda CX-7 audio bluetooth connection (I can make calls but the audio streming lags continuosly).
I think you meant to quote George Knighton, but yeah he means the beta. Just not sure which one :). Beta 3 rolled out yesterday.

MemoirGirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018
I got my iPhone 8 plus in October and it never synced to my 2014 MINI. I just spent hours on the phone with Apple IT and they couldn't fix it. I did everything, plus restored the phone and nothing. They contacted MINI and they told me they haven't had any complaints or issues concerning the phone. Apple just told me that since this is the case, they probably won't swap out my phone for me, it's just not compatible with my car.

Tx_Geek62

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2017
Houston, TX
I got my iPhone 8 plus in October and it never synced to my 2014 MINI. I just spent hours on the phone with Apple IT and they couldn't fix it. I did everything, plus restored the phone and nothing. They contacted MINI and they told me they haven't had any complaints or issues concerning the phone. Apple just told me that since this is the case, they probably won't swap out my phone for me, it's just not compatible with my car.
I'm afraid whomever at Apple told you that your Mini and iPhone are incompatible is either a) untruthful or b) just not all that smart. If you look throughout the forums here you'll see that there are many, many makes and models, both domestic and foreign, that have the same problem as yours. Surely they all can't be "incompatible" with the iPhone (as Apple puts it). What's incompatible is the pOS known as iOS 11. :( One can only hope they'll get it figured out with the upcoming release of 11.3. This is after 11, 11.0.1, 11.02, 11.03, 11.1, 11.1.1, 11.1.2, 11.2, 11.2.1, 11.2.2, 11.2.5 and 11.2.6.

MemoirGirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018
I'm afraid whomever at Apple told you that your Mini and iPhone are incompatible is either a) untruthful or b) just not all that smart. If you look throughout the forums here you'll see that there are many, many makes and models, both domestic and foreign, that have the same problem as yours. Surely they all can't be "incompatible" with the iPhone (as Apple puts it). What's incompatible is the pOS known as iOS 11. :( One can only hope they'll get it figured out with the upcoming release of 11.3. This is after 11, 11.0.1, 11.02, 11.03, 11.1, 11.1.1, 11.1.2, 11.2, 11.2.1, 11.2.2, 11.2.5 and 11.2.6.

I agree with you. My 6 synced - but that was before the updates. Also, my boyfriend's Galaxy 8 plus syncs and works just fine - so it's not a software issue with the MINI.

Sam.16

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2018
Just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11 and the Bluetooth connection with my car (Renault, using R-link 2) has stopped working. They connect automatically, but a few seconds later the connection is lost. Then they reconnect again and lose connection again. Over and over again.

I've tried everything I can think of: Rebooting both the iPhone and car. Re-pairing devices. Resetting the phone to factory settings. Updated car software. Even tried to shut down my Apple Watch, so it didn't interfere.

Nothing helped.

Everything worked perfect yesterday before the update.
I use the car+phone 2 hours every day, so I'm desperate to get it fixed.

Anyone knows what to do?
[doublepost=1522712638][/doublepost]I have iPhone X running iOS 11.2. I’m still having the same problem I did with my iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.1.1. Nissan Maxima, I can make calls through my Bluetooth if I physically mage the call with my phone, but incoming calls, if I answer with the car control, they can’t hear me. If o answer with my phone, switch the audio source to iphone, then switch it back to my car, it works, but that is totally defeating the purpose of handsfree ! For gods sake Apple , do something about this before YOU get someone killed !

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
[doublepost=1522712638][/doublepost]I have iPhone X running iOS 11.2. I’m still having the same problem I did with my iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.1.1. Nissan Maxima, I can make calls through my Bluetooth if I physically mage the call with my phone, but incoming calls, if I answer with the car control, they can’t hear me. If o answer with my phone, switch the audio source to iphone, then switch it back to my car, it works, but that is totally defeating the purpose of handsfree ! For gods sake Apple , do something about this before YOU get someone killed !
Update to 11.3. It's been out a few days. See if that helps.

Deyan Iliev Doktora

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2018
Every year with every iOS launch there are Bluetooth car connection issues. Best to sit it out until x.1 release or now just wait.
I had intermittent issues on my 2015 BMW with 11.0 but they went away after repairing and restarting both phone and car entertainment system.

Fast forward to 5th of april 2018. Im using IOS 11.2.6 on IphoneX 256gb on my Mazda CX7 2012. And guess what? Im having exactly the same problem. I bought it second hand just recently. Whenever my phone is hooked up with the blue tooth and playing music it plays for a few seconds than goes in to searching BT device for a couple of minutes and starts again for a few seconds whenever it decides untill it drives me insane. So was there any progress since u last wrote or u lost all hope those Apple “geniuses” will solve the problem!? Please respond u guys, thanks in advance ;)

svantill

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2018
Fulton, MD
I have the same issue with 2016 BMW 550. I’ve done everything I can think of and nothing really helps. For now, I’m just using the usb connection which is working fine.

I believe it’s just a bug in iOS 11 and we’ll just have wait for Apple to sort it out.

Ditto for 2017 BMW 540.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.