Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakbkwik

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2018
I have the same issue with 2016 BMW 550. I’ve done everything I can think of and nothing really helps. For now, I’m just using the usb connection which is working fine.

I believe it’s just a bug in iOS 11 and we’ll just have wait for Apple to sort it out.
[doublepost=1523577404][/doublepost]Same issue with 7+ on BT with my 2016 Ram truck. No issues with 6 or 7 only 7+. Terrible skips in play and even changes playing speed of music. Apple sucks

Reactions: Deyan Iliev Doktora

Deyan Iliev Doktora

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2018
[doublepost=1523577404][/doublepost]
Same issue with 7+ on BT with my 2016 Ram truck. No issues with 6 or 7 only 7+. Terrible skips in play and even changes playing speed of music. Apple sucks
The thing is that the problem begins long time before IOS11... my hopes of them fixing it are slim to none...

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013
So... Upgraded to 11.3 last night.
After reading someone else here stating that the 11.3 beta "fixed" the issue I was hopeful. Deleted my connections in my truck and my iphone, paired back up and called to leave a message on home phone to test. Get home and all sounds great!
Go out to truck and make another call to an actual person (needed to call them anyway) and back to garbled under water in/out voice.

Come on Apple... It's not my Truck either, my beats wireless headset works perfect, but other bluetooth headsets I have that i rarely use, exactly like my truck now. The radio in the truck has not been updated, nor does it need to be, the only "upgrade" available is the actual radio to the next higher model. (which runs the same software version)

I bought the truck in the beginning of December, and all was perfect. Sometime in januaryish it went to ****. Seems like unpair/repair works for the first call, then back to garbage.
And over last weekend, I paired a passengers android phone to my truck.... worked flawlessly all weekend.

PotatoLeekSoup

macrumors regular
May 10, 2015
Texas
Since I got iOS 11 last fall, my 2010 VW connects maybe 10% of the time. I have to waste time doing a hard reboot. Then I restart my car. Blindingly obnoxious. Is this a result of their "you can't really disable bluetooth anymore" thing? And I sometimes have AirPod connection problems as well.

Keithp

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2018
Just got done with an online chat with Apple.

Their answer on this was priceless, they said they haven't received any complaints as of yet regarding bluetooth dropping with iOS 11 or the iPhone 8 or 8+ and that I'm the first to escalate this and that I most likely need to have my firmware updated on my infotainment system in my Murano and there's nothing wrong with the phone or the OS.

...wow
[doublepost=1523818322][/doublepost]I have exactly the same issue when connecting my iPhone 6s to Audi Q7 using iOS. 11

Keeps dropping Bluetooth connection when making calls

Apple said it’s the car. I got Audi to check and update firmware of my MMI system

Now on 11.3 but same issue. Apple will not admit they have an issue since IOS 11 was introduced

Been waiting over four months for Apple to get back to me

tjdehart1996

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2018
I have a 2010 Accord Coupe w/Nav and everything seems to work fine except when I get phone calls. The display just shows “Handsfreelink”. It never shows the name or number.

I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.3. Is anyone having a similar issue?

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
Please update on if the reinstall fixes the problem permanently when you get a chance. I’m having the same problem as you were and am holding on reinstall since it’s such a pain.

Just an update on my issue. Since I upgraded to the 11.4 dev beta my problem is gone. My wife is on 11.3 stable and her issue continues. Hoping the fix stays in 11.4!

Reactions: TheBacklash

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have been struggling with this Bluetooth disconnect issue for a while now and it is wildly frustrating to say the least. My iPhone X would disconnect from my car's bluetooth every 18-20 minutes (or Airpods, or bluetooth speakers) and suffice it to say that's super annoying on a commute, especially if I happened to be on a phone call when it disconnected.

I tried everything I could think of with wiping the device and setting it up new, removing all bluetooth devices and re-adding them one by one, and last week I even got Apple to replace my iPhone X thinking perhaps it was a hardware problem after all.

Now my new iPhone X is disconnecting at 10-15 minute intervals so my problem is actually worse than before. I sincerely hope that 11.4 fixes the issue. I have no way to manually connect my phone to my car's stereo so I'm basically just going to have to start listening to FM radio or stop using my iPhone until they fix the problem (I don't have this issue at all with my Google Pixel 2)

Charliesblack1

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2018
Just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11 and the Bluetooth connection with my car (Renault, using R-link 2) has stopped working. They connect automatically, but a few seconds later the connection is lost. Then they reconnect again and lose connection again. Over and over again.

I've tried everything I can think of: Rebooting both the iPhone and car. Re-pairing devices. Resetting the phone to factory settings. Updated car software. Even tried to shut down my Apple Watch, so it didn't interfere.

Nothing helped.

Everything worked perfect yesterday before the update.
I use the car+phone 2 hours every day, so I'm desperate to get it fixed.

Anyone knows what to do?

My 2014 mini connects to my iphone solely via audio jack and cannot connect since upgrading from 7s to X and subsequently upgrading to iOS 11. I think the connection issues might be bigger than we think.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Another "iOS 11 screwed up my bluetooth streaming" here. On start up, it will resume playing the last song, but will only play 2-3 seconds and then stops and replays the same 2-3 seconds over and over. Have to disable/enable bluetooth (sometimes twice) to get it to work again. 2018 BMW 440i with latest version of iDrive. Zero issues and absolutely flawless playback when I was on iOS 10.

Not only does iOS 11 render my phone almost completely useless with terrible battery life, now it messes up functionality in my car. Note to self, if an OS is working, don't touch it and upgrade it for *****/giggles.

Reactions: Ferrd

TheArcher

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
Not so promising :)

Same issue. I updated to an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.3.1. I have to automatically connect the iPhone via bluetooth in Settings each and every time. It won't auto-connect. Sometimes, it takes multiple attempts to connect. Simply ridiculous. I have an Outback 2012. My previous iPhone was a 6 running iOS 10 and did not have this issue, at all! Ridiculous.

Reactions: Ferrd

pallymore

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
Boston, MA
I have to re-pair the phone with my car after every update. :/
Now 11.4 breaks the connection again - will try to re-do it after work today.

BMW 335 (2013 - CiC)

volkswarren

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2018
I have to re-pair the phone with my car after every update. :/
Now 11.4 breaks the connection again - will try to re-do it after work today.

BMW 335 (2013 - CiC)

Do any of you have apple watches?

I've been having this issue since ios11, across iphone 7 and iphone x. plus changed cars audi to land rover, this issue still persists.

I've just got my wife an apple watch and she has an iphone 7 and a merc, had no Bluetooth issues ever, until now. She gets the same as me, answering the incar bluetooth and there is no sound, you have to transfer the call to speaker as all other options the caller cant here you or you them.

pallymore

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
Boston, MA
Do any of you have apple watches?

I've been having this issue since ios11, across iphone 7 and iphone x. plus changed cars audi to land rover, this issue still persists.

I've just got my wife an apple watch and she has an iphone 7 and a merc, had no Bluetooth issues ever, until now. She gets the same as me, answering the incar bluetooth and there is no sound, you have to transfer the call to speaker as all other options the caller cant here you or you them.

Yes I do have an Apple Watch.

However, I figured out the easiest solution is to log-out and log back in the BMW Connected App - everything starts working again right away when I did that.

Not sure about merc/audi/rover though.

fastl678

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2018
Tested with Ios 12 beta 9 and.... it works!!!! No more interruptions on my Mazda CX-7 2013!

Last edited:

npapanik

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2018
Athens, Greece
Voice dialing is working again but is lacking a functionality that is very important while you are driving (and existed before iOS 11): when you pressed the Voice Dial button on your car stereo and said "Call John Smith home", the iPhone then replied "Calling John Smith home", so you could verify that its is calling the correct person without having to look at the iPhone's screen. This does not happen anymore!

zhozho

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2019
I have the same problem with Wrangler Rubicon 2017 after the update. Did anyone solved this problem?

Just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11 and the Bluetooth connection with my car (Renault, using R-link 2) has stopped working. They connect automatically, but a few seconds later the connection is lost. Then they reconnect again and lose connection again. Over and over again.

I've tried everything I can think of: Rebooting both the iPhone and car. Re-pairing devices. Resetting the phone to factory settings. Updated car software. Even tried to shut down my Apple Watch, so it didn't interfere.

Nothing helped.

Everything worked perfect yesterday before the update.
I use the car+phone 2 hours every day, so I'm desperate to get it fixed.

Anyone knows what to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.