Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atm1522789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
Just curious if anyone else noticed that they cut/copy/paste buttons are gone on the landscape keyboard on iOS 11. Just wanted to see if anyone agreed with me that they miss it.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Just curious if anyone else noticed that they cut/copy/paste buttons are gone on the landscape keyboard on iOS 11. Just wanted to see if anyone agreed with me that they miss it.

Can you post a pic? I guess I never used them since I don't see what is different.

jfreed

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
New York
Can you post a pic? I guess I never used them since I don't see what is different.

Image attached. Plus, an image of how it was in iOS 10.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 7,541
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 7,055

atm1522789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
See IMO the older keyboard looks better. Now we just have this grey space that is being unused. It’s been like that with every iOS 11 beta so far.

nerdriot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2015
Same issue here. I think it was in a list of things I reported. It’s hideous!

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
I also reported it and they said it was a duplicate. I'm always hitting the enter and period key by accident.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yeah that definitely has to be a bug. No way they would intentionally take that out and leave all that open space.

jlborger

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
Freeland, MI
Such an amazing relief to finally find this thread. I've been experiencing this exact same bug since the public beta was first released and couldn't seem to find anybody else that had reported it. I'd tried backing up, erasing, and restoring, all to no avail. Then erasing and start fresh; no luck either. I've also tried reporting it in the Feedback app 2-3 times but never heard anything. Good to know it's not just my device (64GB White iPhone 6s), but still hoping for this bug to be resolved quickly because it drives me crazy.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I seriously think it’s not a bug due to different button layout like the mic button on the bottom right. Yes it’s certainly not looking as good as the previous one but I begin to like it due to larger letters. On the old one I always making mistakes due to small buttons.

Reactions: uhaas

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
I also don't think it's a bug but layout for the iphone 8, since the purported screen on the iphone 8 usable area is 5.17 and the current Plus is 5.5.

Now sure they could have just left the extra buttons for the new 7S Plus but I think theyre going for uniformity now.

Reactions: SoYoung

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I also don't think it's a bug but layout for the iphone 8, since the purported screen on the iphone 8 usable area is 5.17 and the current Plus is 5.5.

Now sure they could have just left the extra buttons for the new 7S Plus but I think theyre going for uniformity now.
What you said really make sense. I didn’t thought about the new aspect ratio and I think it’s the reason to the new layout as well.

kaiseryeahhh

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2013
Spain
And in the end, the keyboard stays that way. Another iOS 11 design flaw. 3d touch for multitasking out. The keyboard in landscape apart from losing buttons, they have made it higher and now you can hardly see what you are typing. No more designs for the blind, those who don't see eyeglasses being bought, but please, let's make good use of the screens.

alejandrobondi

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2017
What happened to the sideline buttons present on iOS 10 when typing on landscape on an iPhone on iOS 11?
A lot of space is lost and those button provided a good experience.

The Deepness

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2008
They should have kept the punctuation buttons at least, unless their smart punctuation feature is going to automatically put commas, apostrophes, etc. in as you text.

Reactions: Krutselno

Salvor Hardin

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Thanks Apple I really hated this useful feature for Plus size phones maybe next year you’ll make the zoomed display view option the only option might as well considering they don’t care about using its screen space properly especially in this new land of giant bold fonts, landscape doesn’t even work in App Store now.

atm1522789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
Thanks Apple I really hated this useful feature for Plus size phones maybe next year you’ll make the zoomed display view option the only option might as well considering they don’t care about using its screen space properly especially in this new land of giant bold fonts, landscape doesn’t even work in App Store now.

Oh great. I just preordered my 8 Plus and now you tell me landscape in App Store isn’t working

Salvor Hardin

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Oh great. I just preordered my 8 Plus and now you tell me landscape in App Store isn’t working
On top of that it has some of the worst use of Plus screen space I've seen so far in iOS 11, even with the text size set to minimum most of the fonts in at are still huge with terrible layouts abound.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.