Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor774

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
I wish it would come back, but I have my doubts. As of now I am using the Gboard as an alternative

Tried Gboard and could not get used to it. I love the Apple keyboard and its feeling, Gboard felt clunky and not as responsive. I want the original landscape keyboard from iOS 10 back :(

Reactions: Gavincurtis

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Personally I was impressed with GBoard. I like the keyboard layout and how it feels when typing. I don't use it because it didn't support smart invert colours and this is a feature I use all the time so I'm stick with the Apple Keyboard.

Krutselno

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2017
Tried Gboard and could not get used to it. I love the Apple keyboard and its feeling, Gboard felt clunky and not as responsive. I want the original landscape keyboard from iOS 10 back :(
I also want the original landscape keyboard from Apple back, but I doubt we will get that...

Reactions: brgjoe

Gavincurtis

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2017
I was just defending 's business decision.

I agree it must sucks for the few of you, but being an Apple fan has always been about adapting your workflows to fit Apple's vision.

The removal of the PROFESSIONAL landscape keyboard for advanced typists and replacing it with the fisher price gerber baby toy version in iOS11 ended my Apple relationship. Until then, Apple's landscape keyboard was so amazing that no 3rd party could even come close. I was able to type at nearly full qwerty mechanical keyboard speed until they scrapped it for that period between every word entering dumpster fire. All that innovation and polish discarded to make the phone baby compatible. I have every iphone up to the 7 and that model was my last when I realized the change was permanent.

Unlicensed headphone dongle lockout/no headphone jack and then this were the final straw. They don't listen to their customers so they can fail for all I care.

Last edited:
Reactions: brgjoe

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Unlicensed headphone dongle lockout/no headphone jack and then this were the final straw. They don't listen to their customers so they can fail for all I care.

Are you trying to argue that most people care about which connector the EarPods come with? Lol!
You also think most people want to charge with the 30 pin connector?

martinlk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
Aalborg, Denmark
The removal of the PROFESSIONAL landscape keyboard for advanced typists and replacing it with the fisher price gerber baby toy version in iOS11 ended my Apple relationship.

Wow. You must've *really* liked that landscape keyboard. Try and remember that it really is just a phone and not worth getting that upset about. If you don't like it you can always just buy something else. Cheers.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow. You must've *really* liked that landscape keyboard. Try and remember that it really is just a phone and not worth getting that upset about. If you don't like it you can always just buy something else. Cheers.
Can you not have an opinion about a change and express that in a place that's more or less dedicated to something of that nature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.