Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
The release of iOS 12.4 and Apple Card was probably staggered to avoid any server issues. I think it’ll be released later this week.

It also stands to reason that IF the Apple Card is dependent on 12.4 ... that they give folks a few days, at a minimum, to install 12.4.

Julz0726

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
It also stands to reason that IF the Apple Card is dependent on 12.4 ... that they give folks a few days, at a minimum, to install 12.4.
They should at least provide some kind of update besides the coming this summer we heard in March.

Julz0726

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
We knew there was nothing new in 12.4.....
I’ m waiting for ios 13 GM now, ios 12 was great.
Everyone thought Apple Card was going to come with it right away and now Apple hasn’t said anything so I’m sure a lot of people could have done without the update. Who knows when we will see Apple Card.

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
I don’t know, I think we’ll have another update for Apple Card. It wasn’t in the release notes for 12.4

Based on the fact that we know Apple is testing the Card internally on 12.4 I think it's more likely to be a server side flip of the switch than a point update which activates Apple Card.

But who knows.

Julz0726

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
At this point I think they better introduce something new at launch with the card. They have been testing for a while now.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I’m actually really looking forward to this card. My entire financial management program hinges on my credit card and I’ve been using one from my credit union for the ease of payments and rewards deposits.

I really like the idea of rewards being applied to your account daily versus having to wait for an annual payout. Also, having it linked to Apple Pay should mean the payments applied should be immediate as opposed to waiting for a 24 hour refresh.

On top of all that you get a sweet metal card.

Edit: 12.4 is great.

Reactions: M-Life

Julz0726

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
I’m actually really looking forward to this card. My entire financial management program hinges on my credit card and I’ve been using one from my credit union for the ease of payments and rewards deposits.

I really like the idea of rewards being applied to your account daily versus having to wait for an annual payout. Also, having it linked to Apple Pay should mean the payments applied should be immediate as opposed to waiting for a 24 hour refresh.

Yes I too am wanting the card mostly
Because I need a new Mac and cash back would be nice but at this point I’m not sure it is worth the wait especially when they have said nothing at all.

M-Life

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood

Exact same for me. I know the benefits may not be quite as good as some premier cards, but it's still better than most. I use credit exclusively and pay my balance in full each month, and I will be switching to everything on this card once it comes out.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Yes I too am wanting the card mostly
Because I need a new Mac and cash back would be nice but at this point I’m not sure it is worth the wait especially when they have said nothing at all.
I heard at one point (I have no source for this) that accounts would be granted based on credit-worthiness so those with higher scores would have priority.
[doublepost=1564078468][/doublepost]
Exact same for me. I know the benefits may not be quite as good as some premier cards, but it's still better than most. I use credit exclusively and pay my balance in full each month, and I will be switching to everything on this card once it comes out.
Nothing beats free money amirite?!

Reactions: M-Life

Julz0726

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
I heard at one point (I have no source for this) that accounts would be granted based on credit-worthiness so those with higher scores would have priority.
[doublepost=1564078468][/doublepost]
Nothing beats free money amirite?!
Yea it’s tough. I feel like they should have at least given an update or some
Details as we have gotten closer to launch.

M-Life

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood
Yea it’s tough. I feel like they should have at least given an update or some
Details as we have gotten closer to launch.

If that were the case with Apple, we probably wouldn't have these Macrumors forums to begin with.

But I agree, it's hard waiting for something without much info provided.

Julz0726

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
When you look at the fact that they announced it in March and have said nothing since. We know they have been testing it for some time now, not sure why they haven’t giving any kind of update or any indication of how far off we are.

Phogro

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2015
Boston, MA
When you look at the fact that they announced it in March and have said nothing since. We know they have been testing it for some time now, not sure why they haven’t giving any kind of update or any indication of how far off we are.

When has Apple ever given us a clear idea of what they've been working on prior to an imminent release?

Reactions: john991

robert1998

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2017
With Apple Card launching in mid August would that mean we shoul expect iOS 12.4.1 or something or will they enable it via server-side?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.