Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Ok I really am not one to complain much, and I haven’t complained about iOS 13 at all yet, but I just had a very annoying experience.

I told Siri twice “get directions home” and she heard what I said but then didn’t respond at all either time. So then, I opened maps myself and got started in directions and then realized after I started driving that Maps was still on light/day mode even though my phone was on dark mode. So then I had to force close the app, reopen it, put directions in again.

And this part isn’t a bug, it’s just Apple Maps not being smart enough but it forced me into this left turn from a stop sign onto a 40mph 4-lane road during rush hour which was very difficult to do. I’m annoyed.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Ok I really am not one to complain much, and I haven’t complained about iOS 13 at all yet, but I just had a very annoying experience.

I told Siri twice “get directions home” and she heard what I said but then didn’t respond at all either time. So then, I opened maps myself and got started in directions and then realized after I started driving that Maps was still on light/day mode even though my phone was on dark mode. So then I had to force close the app, reopen it, put directions in again.

And this part isn’t a bug, it’s just Apple Maps not being smart enough but it forced me into this left turn from a stop sign onto a 40mph 4-lane road during rush hour which was very difficult to do. I’m annoyed.

I use a Garmin Nuvi for navigation. The iPhone is a backup and I usually go with google maps.

paulg1981

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2014
I am having an issue I just discovered, regardless of what the setting is, Siri always replies audibly. I have mine set to control with switch and with the switch in silent mode I still get audio replies. I tried with headphones only setting as well and still get voice feedback.

just me or everyone else too?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015

I had a Garmin get me to make a left turn onto a oneway street, in the wrong direction. There was no traffic visible as I made the turn but I then quickly realized they were coming. I was highly annoyed as were the other drivers who expressed themselves. I use Apple Maps now exclusively.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Has anyone else noticed that (especially at night) with this and the last update that colors look washed out? I bought an OLED screen for three vibrancy and now it's gone☹ iPhone Xs

Turn off auto brightness. That will fix this.

This is a hardware failure of the ambient light sensor sometimes caused by an iOS update.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016

Appledict

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it did not fix the problem. I even tried a hard reset after turning it off.

It's a bug. Just restart your phone and it’s fixed.
If you set new wallpaper you have to restart again to make the colors come back.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
It's a bug. Just restart your phone and it’s fixed.
If you set new wallpaper you have to restart again to make the colors come back.

My issue is my screen is very dull/dim now. Even DFU restore didn’t fix it.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
Has anyone else noticed that (especially at night) with this and the last update that colors look washed out? I bought an OLED screen for three vibrancy and now it's gone☹ iPhone Xs

You can also try to "Reduce White Point" -- Settings : Accessibility : Display & Text Size : Reduce White Point

Turn it on ... off ... varying levels ... maybe you will find a settings the agrees with your eyes.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I can’t believe it after numerous bug fix updates that search a core ios feature is s still broken. After seeing search was specifically called out in the release I was hopeful they finally fixed it. But my hopes were dashed soon after upgrading.

I swipe down from the home screen and search for an app by name and nothing shows up. Pressingthe search button doesn’t help either l.

it seems to work on occasion but not consistently. It seems to work when I’m testing to see if it works. However fails almost all the time when I need search to work.

How could they break something so fundamental as search just blows my mind away.

w00dy81

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
The following is a bunch of issues I presented to Apple support last night who couldn’t help but I have an appointment with a genius next week.

The support member ran a diagnostic on my device to check for hardware and said everything seems to be running fine with no red flags.

In the end i said to him so we’ll just put this down to iOS 13 being a big dumpster pile of @$@$

I have been having issues regarding my iPhone XS that is frustrating me.

Over the past few stable revisions of iOS 13 i have been having the same issue being, Apple Music once opened becomes unresponsive and freezes while clicking on any bottom tab like “library, for you, browse search”

Even listening to music via CarPlay music will often and on every trip at least once freeze playback and crash the music app. If try to play again once it becomes responsive it fails to load after a long time even though cellular is full

If i try to type in search the app becomes in a frozen state and taps do anything

Safari also freezes if 3D Touch and select open new tab. If i try to typo in the search field nothing happens as the app is frozen and unresponsive.

During all of these issues my phone becomes so hot to touch and i can feel it burning up in my pocket.

All of these issues are interment several times a day and is becoming increasingly frustrating to use

I know there was an issue resolved recently that addressed multitasking and ram management but I’m wondering if it’s not completely fixed or my phone is defective and needs a replacement to see if it that sorts the issue out.

On the second last stable build i set my phone via an iCloud backup and the issues continued later into the week and week after so indexing and what not would have had plenty of time to calm down.

This last build iOS 13.2.3 i also setup my phone as a new device and am still having the issues days later

appleman3000

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2019
My battery health finally dropped to 99% after this update. I'm only on charge cycle 170.

13.1.3 had decent battery life for me.

Reactions: mofoliar

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
By the looks of all the comments I will be staying on 12.4.1 on my XR for awhile to come.

Tomxxx

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
UK
Since updating to 13.3.2 on my iPad I can’t open my numbers spreadsheets, I get a message that reads unable to open numbers spreadsheet revert to an older version.

Still on 12.4.3 on my iPhone & that opens them no problem.

preetb

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2013
Mars
There is a severe problem in iPadOS causing apps to believe that they are offline when they aren't. This causes constant "offline" status error messages.

iOS 13.2.3

Release Date ―
November 18, 2019
Build Number ― 17B111
Darwin Kernel Version ―

iOS 13.2.3 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:
  • Fixes an issue where system search and search within Mail, Files, and Notes might not work
  • Addresses an issue where photos, links, and other attachments might not display in the Messages details view
  • Fixes an issue that could prevent apps from downloading content in the background
  • Resolves issues that may prevent Mail from fetching new messages, and fail to include and quote original message content in Exchange accounts
New Features & Changes
New Issues
Remaining Issues

• Force touch an e-mail in the inbox and clicking «forward» still crashes the Mail app
  • When using a bluetooth mouse under iPadOS:
    - cursor gets occasionally moved to the center position. Workaround: turn off the mouse and turn it on again. Happens since iPadOS 13.0 betas. id: FB7460879
    - cursor stutters, occasionally a lot, even with powerful devices such as 2018 iPad Pro. id: FB7460884
    - When a bluetooth mouse is connected, dragging apps from the home screen into split-screen multitasking becomes impossible (since 13.0, used to work fine in early 13.0 betas). id: FB7460912
Resolved Issues
Temporarily Removed
Additional Notes

• Intel iPhone 11/Pro/Max: 1.02.18
  • Intel iPhone XR/XS/Max: 2.03.07
  • Qualcomm iPhone 8/8 Plus/X: 5.30.01
  • Intel iPhone 8/8 Plus/X: 3.02.02
  • Qualcomm iPhone 7/7 Plus: 7.10.01
  • Intel iPhone 7/7 Plus: 3.52.00
  • iPhone SE: 9.11.01
  • iPhone 6S/6S Plus: 7.11.01
United States
  • Verizon - 40.0
  • Visible (MVNO Verizon) 34.0
  • Verizon (iPad) - 38.5
  • T-Mobile - 39.5.1
  • T-Mobile (iPad) - 34.5
  • AT&T - 39.5.3
  • AT&T (iPad) - 37.0 (b6)
  • Cricket - 40.0
  • MetroPCS -
  • U.S. Cellular - 32.5.9
  • Sprint - 39.0
  • TracFone/Straight Talk/Walmart Family Mobile - 39.0.2
  • Xfinity Mobile 39.0
United Kingdom
  • EE - 40.0
  • BT-UK MVNO on EE- 40.0
  • Three - 3
  • iD Mobile MVNO on Three - 36.5.4
  • O2-UK - 36.0
  • Vodafone UK - 39.0
  • Virgin Mobile MVNO on EE- 39.5
Germany
  • Vodafone.de - 40.0
  • Telekom.de - 39.0
  • O2-DE - 40.0
Australia
  • Optus - 32.0
  • Telstra - 39.0
Belgium
  • Orange B - 32.5.7
  • BASE - 33.0
  • Telenet - 38.0
Canada
  • Videotron - 40.0
  • Rogers - 39.0
  • Fido - 38.0
  • Bell - 40.0
  • Telus - 32.5.12
  • Freedom Mobile - 34.0
  • Fizz - 40.0
  • Virgin Mobile - 40.0
France
  • Bouygues Telecom - 40.0
  • Orange France - 31.5.1
  • Orange Morocco - 31.5
Netherlands
  • KPN -
Southeast Asia
  • Singapore Singtel -
  • Philippines Globe - 39.0
  • Philippines Globe (iPad) - 38.0
  • Philippines Smart - 36.1
  • Thailand AIS -
  • Malaysia Umobile - 33.0
  • Malaysia Maxis -33.0
  • Malaysia Digi -
  • Malaysia celcom -
  • Hong Kong - 32.0
Sweden
  • Comviq -
  • Tre - 31.0
Switzerland
  • Salt - 40.0
  • Swisscom - 39.5
Ireland
  • Eir - 33.5
  • Vodafone IE - 38.0
Turkey
  • Turkcell (Lifecell) - 36.5.5
  • Vodafone TR - 32.0
  • Turk Telekom - 32.0
Poland
  • T-Mobile -
  • Orange - 32.0
  • Play - 31.0
Greece:
  • Cosmote - 38.0
India
  • Airtel - 40.0
  • Jio - 38.0
  • Vodafone Idea - 38.0
Mexico
  • Mexico - Telcel - 35.0
Guatemala
  • TIGO GT - 40.0
Other
  • Docomo - 32.5.10
  • AlwaysOnline -

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
I’ve got a bug where the location arrow will stay stuck solid sometimes even when nothing is using location when opening apps then returning to the home screen. So say I’m in settings and the location arrow is solid and I go home it goes back to hollow. Back into settings it’s solid. Nothing is using it. To fix this I open the camera app or something that uses location quick then go back into settings or safari or where ever the location arrow is stuck solid then wait for the location to stop being used from the camera then it goes back to hollow and it continues with the normal behavior. It’s a little bug but quite annoying. At least there is a way to make it go back to normal! Maybe this is what some people were seeing with their 11 pro’s and 11’s. Hopefully this helps someone!

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I’d like to ask if it is normal when typing on the Smart Keyboard Folio (iPad Pro 11”) when you are typing a word and you make a mistake, and you go back deleting two letters, and type the remaining letters, the suggestions bar don’t take into account the letters you deleted and assume a wrong word.

This is happening to me in iPad OS 13.1.3 and I’d like to know if it is already solved.

Here is an example while writing this:
1574717706216.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.