Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Started running into a RAM issue - IPP 11.
I am back to seeing apps in the task manager reloading when being selected.
Recent example 1: Watching Spectrum TV. Switched to GMail app, quick check in Messages, back to Spectrum TV and the app completely reloads.
Recent example 2: Doing some digging in Safari / Google. Suggestion of one search was YouTube - swapped to YouTube and watched for a minute, paused, back to Safari and opened another tab from a search suggestion (New Tab), read for a moment and back to Youtube. The video started over right from and including the advertisements.
Recent example 3: Playing Heckfire and swap to Messages to pull up a message on my iPad (notification came via watch). Read message and at first nothing happened when trying to save attached photo. Back to Heckfire and the game completely reloads.

Grrr......

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
My dad has an iPhone 6s and since iOS 13 it is asking him every morning for his Apple ID password. We tried to log out and log in a few times but it keeps asking.

I have the same problem on my MacBook. It is asking me for my password all the time when I’m opening the App Store, Music our Apple TV.

I don’t have any more ideas what to do anymore.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
My dad has an iPhone 6s and since iOS 13 it is asking him every morning for his Apple ID password. We tried to log out and log in a few times but it keeps asking.

I have the same problem on my MacBook. It is asking me for my password all the time when I’m opening the App Store, Music our Apple TV.

I don’t have any more ideas what to do anymore.

Try changing the password on your iTunes account for App Store, Music, etc. and log back in.
If it's the iCloud account, try logging out of all devices and also change the password and log back in. Sometimes this will fix this type of issue.

Darkhorse1

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2019
I'm running IOS 13.2.3 on my iPhone 11 Pro, and occasionally I get the random phone freeze where the screen becomes unresponsive. Anyone encountering same issue

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
I'm running IOS 13.2.3 on my iPhone 11 Pro, and occasionally I get the random phone freeze where the screen becomes unresponsive. Anyone encountering same issue

i had this happen today but on XS. Hard restart helped a bit

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Try changing the password on your iTunes account for App Store, Music, etc. and log back in.
If it's the iCloud account, try logging out of all devices and also change the password and log back in. Sometimes this will fix this type of issue.
Tbh I don’t want to change my password and change it on all of my devices too. I have too many devices and don‘t want to do that only to see at last that it didn’t help. Apple has to fix this not me.

checker2010

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2010
Tbh I don’t want to change my password and change it on all of my devices too. I have too many devices and don‘t want to do that only to see at last that it didn’t help. Apple has to fix this not me.

You do know that you need to do some troubleshooting with any issue.

Reactions: Never mind

alexxk

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Guys, I just bought a new iPad Pro 11 and it came with iPadOS 12.4

Should I update to 13? Has it been fixed all the little issues, or at least the most part?

I really miss the Dark Mode, but I also want a working OS. First time iPad user here

Lucas284

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2018
Netherlands

Should I update to 13? Has it been fixed all the little issues, or at least the most part?

I really miss the Dark Mode, but I also want a working OS. First time iPad user here
Definitely stay on 12.4

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Definitely stay on 12.4
Poor guy, he’s gonna miss all the cool features of iOS13, like external storage management or Desktop websites in Safari, just because iOS 13 is still buggy, has worse battery life and RAM management, etc.

I wouldn’t like to be an iPad owner with pre-iPadOS operating system. Thankfully I managed to update to 13.1.3 just before the RAM issues. But still, there are bugs.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

I'm running 13.2.3 on 2 iPad Pro's and an XS Max and am pretty happy with it - no regrets here on updating.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
For those of you having issues connecting to Exchange, try this:
• Remove the account from Settings and restart the device
• Ask your Server Admin to Remove the device from Exchange.

After the Server Admin remove the device from Exchange:
• Add the account to Mail
• Ask the Server Admin to make sure the device is not in Quarantine.

Please report back if that works.

I was able to get an iPad Pro 12.9 working again, now working on an iPhone 11 Pro. Both running iPadOS/iOS 13.2.3

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
IPP 11 - 13.2.3
Safari and others - RAM?
Started withSpectrum TV.
I would reopen Spectrum TV and the list of recently watched channels would be blank. This started last week and I figured it was just the app. Now this is the 3rd time I have closed Safari and upon reopening all the tabs are closed. They are listed in History - just they all have been closed. Doesn’t matter what was in the tab.
I am also starting to see this with YouTube Music (Library is closed) and Notes (back to Main Root).
That makes 4 apps so far and reminds me of the issue I am having with Mail - on open falls back to Main Root instead of All Unread or specific account. This bug is intermittent.

Am not seeing this on 13.3 PB on either the XS Max or IPP 12.9 G2. (except Mail)

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
IPP 11 - 13.2.3
Safari and others - RAM?
Started withSpectrum TV.
I would reopen Spectrum TV and the list of recently watched channels would be blank. This started last week and I figured it was just the app. Now this is the 3rd time I have closed Safari and upon reopening all the tabs are closed. They are listed in History - just they all have been closed. Doesn’t matter what was in the tab.
I am also starting to see this with YouTube Music (Library is closed) and Notes (back to Main Root).
That makes 4 apps so far and reminds me of the issue I am having with Mail - on open falls back to Main Root instead of All Unread or specific account. This bug is intermittent.

Am not seeing this on 13.3 PB on either the XS Max or IPP 12.9 G2. (except Mail)

Mine does this as well. I’m over this pos OS. It’s honestly embarrassing at this point.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Seems like another poster wishes that he/she stayed with 13.1.3, so that's where the question came from.

I wish also stay in 13.1.3. However, with 13.2.3 I didn’t see any significant issue. Performance wise, it ‘feels’ 13.1.3 is snappier. Also memory management and battery performance, it seems 13.1.3 a bit better. Again, this is all just ‘feeling’, I don’t have chance to compare them side by side.

Just remind myself to be more careful when 13.3 out.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
For those of you having issues connecting to Exchange, try this:
• Remove the account from Settings and restart the device
• Ask your Server Admin to Remove the device from Exchange.

After the Server Admin remove the device from Exchange:
• Add the account to Mail
• Ask the Server Admin to make sure the device is not in Quarantine.

Please report back if that works.

I was able to get an iPad Pro 12.9 working again, now working on an iPhone 11 Pro. Both running iPadOS/iOS 13.2.3

Intersting idea and no harm trying - just the time to set up the various MDM apps again. I'll try it.

Reactions: Amazing Iceman

Glennster

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Running latest iOS 13 on iPhone 8. Does anyone know how to correct the issue with the stock Email app: everytime I open the app it displays the list of all emails when I only want it to display just unread. Does not matter if I filter by unread and close - next time I open it goes back to the list of all email, read and unread.

Never had this issue with any other version of iOS until now. Yes, I know the Outlook app is better, however, I am currently using Outlook for my work emails and want to have a separate app for personal emails.

Any suggestions or fixes...?

Reactions: dk001

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Running latest iOS 13 on iPhone 8. Does anyone know how to correct the issue with the stock Email app: everytime I open the app it displays the list of all emails when I only want it to display just unread. Does not matter if I filter by unread and close - next time I open it goes back to the list of all email, read and unread.

Never had this issue with any other version of iOS until now. Yes, I know the Outlook app is better, however, I am currently using Outlook for my work emails and want to have a separate app for personal emails.

Any suggestions or fixes...?
You are saying you were always able to have it only display unread messages and that's it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.