Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

checker2010

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2010
I am having trouble restoring os13.3 (17C5046a) on Mojave 10.5.2 (19C46a) os it says it can't download restore ios13.

I'm guessing you won’t be able to do it on computer unless you acquire the beta iOS 13.3 IPSW file. Otherwise it will restore to 13.2.3 which is the latest user version.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Do we need to install any profile before collecting sysdiagnose logs on an iOS beta using feedback app?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Do we need to install any profile before collecting sysdiagnose logs on an iOS beta using feedback app?

Not anymore, I don’t believe. It does it automatically, I think, now. That was an impediment to the old way of doing this (via radar). If you didn’t have a Mac handy, you couldn’t prepare and send the logs.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Just wondering if you guys with the HomePod could please check something in the home app?...

I might be late to the party, but I’m sure it used to say reset HomePod in the options for it (after the long press on the HomePod tile). All I’ve got in mine is Remove Accessory now so I can no longer restart it. I’m sure it used to say Reset, and from there you could restart or reset.

Thanks in advance.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Just wondering if you guys with the HomePod could please check something in the home app?...

I might be late to the party, but I’m sure it used to say reset HomePod in the options for it (after the long press on the HomePod tile). All I’ve got in mine is Remove Accessory now so I can no longer restart it. I’m sure it used to say Reset, and from there you could restart or reset.

Thanks in advance.

I checked on my iPad Pro 9.7 and iP11Pro and it shows "Reset HomePod..." at the very bottom of settings. Once you click this option, it pops up options to Restart or Reset.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I checked on my iPad Pro 9.7 and iP11Pro and it shows "Reset HomePod..." at the very bottom of settings. Once you click this option, it pops up options to Restart or Reset.

Thanks. Will check my iPad. Wonder why my iPhone doesn’t give that option.

Edit: Just checked my iPhone again and it now says Reset HomePod...

Bizarre! Oh well, it’s back to normal...for now

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
If this beta was the GM, I would definitely not feel or be disappointed about it. I feel like this is the most stable version of iOS 13 I’ve experienced so far. I think this is why they waited 2 weeks for an update instead of 1.

All of this excluding the mail app. I haven’t used it in months but a lot of you are still seeing problems so Rest In Peace stock mail app. It has been a great 12 years.

Last edited:

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
If this beta was the GM, I would definitely not feel or be disappointed about it. I feel like this is the most stable version of iOS 13 I’ve experienced so far. I think this is why they waited 2 weeks for an update instead of 1.

All of this excluding the mail app. I haven’t used it in months but a lot of you are still seeing problems so Rest In Peace stock mail app. It has been a great 12 years.
:D I wonder what is broken so badly that they can't fix it, as you said it's been the most problem free app for 12 years...

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Sometimes I think it’s not only a problem with Apple Mail. I’ve had Spark and Outlook and the badge shows the wrong number very often. One new email, badge shows 2. Or in Tweetbot. One new reply, badge shows 8. But the problem that emails are not loading must be an Apple Mail problem

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Sometimes I think it’s not only a problem with Apple Mail. I’ve had Spark and Outlook and the badge shows the wrong number very often. One new email, badge shows 2. Or in Tweetbot. One new reply, badge shows 8. But the problem that emails are not loading must be an Apple Mail problem

Reading about this reminds me that I am having issues with badges as well, just not, or should I say never, in Mail. I am having badges not updating in other apps. I would open the app, check notifications, and the badge would still be there. I think these might be those apps with some code that is creating an issue with changes in iOS 13.3.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Reading about this reminds me that I am having issues with badges as well, just not, or should I say never, in Mail. I am having badges not updating in other apps. I would open the app, check notifications, and the badge would still be there. I think these might be those apps with some code that is creating an issue with changes in iOS 13.3.
The only app I've seen this on has been Facebook but their app has always been a dumpster fire so I just chalked it up to their garbage code.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
The only app I've seen this on has been Facebook but their app has always been a dumpster fire so I just chalked it up to their garbage code.
I've noticed that lately as well. Facebook is literally the ONLY app I have that gets WORSE with each update. Someone should definitely find what the heck they are doing (or, well...NOT doing) ?

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I've noticed that lately as well. Facebook is literally the ONLY app I have that gets WORSE with each update. Someone should definitely find what the heck they are doing (or, well...NOT doing) ?

Years ago I used to have Facebook app on the iPhone. Since around 2015 I have been using Facebook only for managing business pages, and that, too, only on the computer. Recently removed that app from my father's phone as well and got him to use Facebook in Safari in a tab. I think the battery life on his iPhone 7 with 13.3 betas improved after removing that app. Totally my opinion.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Years ago I used to have Facebook app on the iPhone. Since around 2015 I have been using Facebook only for managing business pages, and that, too, only on the computer. Recently removed that app from my father's phone as well and got him to use Facebook in Safari in a tab. I think the battery life on his iPhone 7 with 13.3 betas improved after removing that app. Totally my opinion.
Yeah I'm constantly seeing news articles about how horrible it is for the battery but the Pro battery is pretty over the top for my usage habits so I don't really worry about it.

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Yeah I'm constantly seeing news articles about how horrible it is for the battery but the Pro battery is pretty over the top for my usage habits so I don't really worry about it.

I recently found that his iPhone 7's newly replaced battery was still depleting in a few hours of use. It is noticeably better now, but I think it might be time for a fresh install via DFU.

Hans300

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2017
Safari is a train-wreck since iOS 13.

Often freezes when zooming in pictures on websites. Or zooming doesnt work. Also youtube-website is buggy.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Finally confirmation on the so called "location services icon bug"!

".....but Apple told him that there were no concerns and the ‌iPhone‌ was operating as designed. "It is expected behavior that the Location Services icon appears in the status bar when Location Services is enabled. The icon appears for system services that do not have a switch in Settings," Apple said "

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/12/05/apple-iphone-location-ultra-wideband/

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Finally confirmation on the so called "location services icon bug"!

".....but Apple told him that there were no concerns and the ‌iPhone‌ was operating as designed. "It is expected behavior that the Location Services icon appears in the status bar when Location Services is enabled. The icon appears for system services that do not have a switch in Settings," Apple said "

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/12/05/apple-iphone-location-ultra-wideband/

I wonder what other functions fall into this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.