Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
It does work for me.

It has always worked for me too, but I just realized now that the contacts that do show never change. It's always the same 2 people.

Works for me too - but the first person listed is.....me. Ugh.

Mine shows someone I hardly text, and last texted 6 months ago. It's ignoring the top person I text and have also texted most recently.

So the functionality isn't working in any useful way.

I have raised is but Apple but they say no others have reported it, therefore I don’t expect it to ever be fixed. This is the ID:

FB7450867 (Long press on Messages icon no longer shows recent contacts)

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Anyone experiencing periodic issues when launching the App Store, it hangs on the spinning progress wheel? If I close it out and relaunch, the App Store then opens fine. Don’t remember this being a problem on the last beta.

Thanks.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Well what a fun day I've had.

Mail has been mostly fine for me the last few betas but woke up to a sh*tstorm this morning, emails not coming through, then only appearing in the individual mailboxes and not the "All Mailboxes" folder, then unread counts completely wrong versus whats in the boxes and whats on the mail servers.

In the end, deleting Mail and readding all my accounts seems to have fixed it but very disappointing to see this sudden relapse out of nowhere...

Ninflu

macrumors regular
May 11, 2018
My smart batt case for 11 pro max isn’t charging the phone, the normal batt is draining first and the case stays at 100% anyone else having issues with the beta, not sure if my batt case is damaged or it’s the beta not letting it work

Maybe a fault case? I've received my case earlier today and with the current beta it's working fine: It's charging the phone first and then the case (on lightning and qi) and discharging the case first and then the phone battery.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Maybe a fault case? I've received my case earlier today and with the current beta it's working fine: It's charging the phone first and then the case (on lightning and qi) and discharging the case first and then the phone battery.
Strange I’m gonna take it back

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
in noticed this bug on iPad Pro. In Books (and Safari) if you tap on a word and select Look Up, you can't tap Done to close it. You have to swipe down.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Anyone experiencing periodic issues when launching the App Store, it hangs on the spinning progress wheel? If I close it out and relaunch, the App Store then opens fine. Don’t remember this being a problem on the last beta.

Thanks.
Yes but also happening on iOS 13.2.3.

Reactions: scjr

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
I'm getting fed up with getting mail notifications on the lock screen, and then going into my mail app and the messages aren't there. I know this has been an issue from the beginning with iOS 13, but why does it still persist?

Also, it does this with messages sometimes. Appears on lock screen, and either the message won't be in message or it will be shown as read.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I'm getting fed up with getting mail notifications on the lock screen, and then going into my mail app and the messages aren't there. I know this has been an issue from the beginning with iOS 13, but why does it still persist?

Also, it does this with messages sometimes. Appears on lock screen, and either the message won't be in message or it will be shown as read.

Because Apple cannot, and will not fix it. They quite simply do not know how. This is evidenced by the fact we are no closer to getting this issue resolved. Pathetic does not sum it up.

Reactions: thewhitehart

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Because Apple cannot, and will not fix it. They quite simply do not know how. This is evidenced by the fact we are no closer to getting this issue resolved. Pathetic does not sum it up.
Well except that mail has worked fine for 12 versions of iOS. I suspect they know how, just are not finding the issue as of yet with the changes in iOS lucky 13.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Well except that mail has worked fine for 12 versions of iOS. I suspect they know how, just are not finding the issue as of yet with the changes in iOS lucky 13.

Indeed, it was absolutely fine up until 13. But once 13 was released this issue manifested and has not been improved one little bit since. I genuinely believe they don’t know how to fix it.

Reactions: thewhitehart

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
Indeed, it was absolutely fine up until 13. But once 13 was released this issue manifested and has not been improved one little bit since. I genuinely believe they don’t know how to fix it.
I totally agree. How can the thousands of people at Apple using iPhones and iPads not have experienced this? How does it not infuriate them? It’s super-annoying! It’s the first bug I noticed!

Why hasn’t MacRumors written an article specifically on Mail problems yet? It’s an 800-pound gorilla in the room.

Reactions: gank41

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I totally agree. How can the thousands of people at Apple using iPhones and iPads not have experienced this? How does it not infuriate them? It’s super-annoying! It’s the first bug I noticed!

Why hasn’t MacRumors written an article specifically on Mail problems yet? It’s an 800-pound gorilla in the room.

Maybe because it is a limited issue? Maybe because the people experiencing it are complaining on here making it seem like it’s a big issue when in fact you are NOT hearing from the 99% of the people who it works for?

I have ZERO mail issues since 13 went public.

Yes...there ARE issues with the mail app as evidenced by the complaints on here and the general thread dedicated to it, but it seems like the same 10 people complaining about it over and over again.

MacRumors staff is really good about reading this threads and writing articles on issues...I’m guessing they have either not experienced the issues themselves or that they see the same limited number of folks reporting it.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Maybe because it is a limited issue? Maybe because the people experiencing it are complaining on here making it seem like it’s a big issue when in fact you are NOT hearing from the 99% of the people who it works for?

Yes...there ARE issues with the mail app as evidenced by the complaints on here and the general thread dedicated to it, but it seems like the same 10 people complaining about it over and over again.

MacRumors staff is really good about reading this threads and writing articles on issues...I’m guessing they have either not experienced the issues themselves or that they see the same limited number of folks reporting it.

Exactly. And most consumers aren’t using Exchange. It’s either gmail or aol or yahoo or iCloud. And those consumers that do are either using Outlook app or another app like Spark. And if their using the Mail app, it’s not often enough or they just don’t have noticeable issues or don’t know where to go to report it, so they just ignore it.

Lots of variables.

Reactions: 1144557 and dk001

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

I would truly love to know how you ended with no issues.
Mail has been driving me bonkers across 3 devices, the PR and Betas.

Hats off to you.

Reactions: gank41

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I would truly love to know how you ended with no issues.
Mail has been driving me bonkers across 3 devices, the PR and Betas.

Hats off to you.

I would like to say I'm lucky, but it sounds more like people with Mail issues are unlucky.

The only issue I ever had through the entire beta period was mail not showing as "read" when I would open it. I either had to wait or open the email again. A PITA for sure, but that went away with general release and haven't had any issues since (I have three personal accounts as well as work Exchange account).

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

Exactly. And most consumers aren’t using Exchange. It’s either gmail or aol or yahoo or iCloud. And those consumers that do are either using Outlook app or another app like Spark. And if their using the Mail app, it’s not often enough or they just don’t have noticeable issues or don’t know where to go to report it, so they just ignore it.

Lots of variables.
Well I have to say mine works too. I have a Gmail account, Outlook.com, and Exchange (work) acct and the outlook and exchange both get pushed. Of course gmail stopped push with the iOS app years ago. However one main item to note is I dont have notifications turned on for email other than "sounds/badges" when one comes in. I have no need for the actual email to display on lock screen especially with 3 accts receiving mail constantly. If I get a ding I open mail and look to see what it is when I get a moment. Maybe notifications are causing everyones issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.