Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Maybe because it is a limited issue? Maybe because the people experiencing it are complaining on here making it seem like it’s a big issue when in fact you are NOT hearing from the 99% of the people who it works for?

I have ZERO mail issues since 13 went public.

Yes...there ARE issues with the mail app as evidenced by the complaints on here and the general thread dedicated to it, but it seems like the same 10 people complaining about it over and over again.

MacRumors staff is really good about reading this threads and writing articles on issues...I’m guessing they have either not experienced the issues themselves or that they see the same limited number of folks reporting it.

I don’t whether I am the minority or majority. I do know that I have very minor issues with mail since 13 on either iPP or iPhone.

Long pressing a message a having “forward” crash the app is the only real issue I have had and it has been fixed.

Reactions: Eksoccer99

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I suspect it is really a bigger issue than mail but mail is the most evident symptom. Based upon some of the other things going on I suspect it is a data access issue in general and thus harder to fix.

This seems to make sense. I don’t think they’re “ignoring“ it to annoy users.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Eksoccer99

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2018
I don’t whether I am the minority or majority. I do know that I have very minor issues with mail since 13 on either iPP or iPhone.

Long pressing a message a having “forward” crash the app is the only real issue I have had and it has been fixed.

iPP 11 pro, exchange mail fine here as well. Like you stated long press forward crashes mail. I setup my new iPP 11 Pro as new not from backup.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
I totally agree. How can the thousands of people at Apple using iPhones and iPads not have experienced this? How does it not infuriate them? It’s super-annoying! It’s the first bug I noticed!

Why hasn’t MacRumors written an article specifically on Mail problems yet? It’s an 800-pound gorilla in the room.

iPhone 11 PM, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPad 9.7 in the house with various versions of 13.x.x release and/or beta. Using iCloud Mail, Outlook.com Mail and GMail all on the IOS mail app. Not having any issues.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I don’t expect much bug fixes in this versions final release.
Wait till iOS 14 with a new set of bugs.

Reactions: Stalyn

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Optimised Battery Charging worked for me just once and that was when I used to plug in the phone at night and leave it till the morning. I cannot say for sure, but I think it worked after a day or two of doing this, on a completely new iPhone 8. I have not seen that notification since, although admittedly I am not putting the phone on charging through the night anymore. This was in the first week of October with a fresh iOS 13.x beta, if memory serves me right.

I think the feature is either not completely baked yet or has very specific instances where it will kick-in. I should also say that the charger used when I used to keep it overnight was the standard small adapter (5W ...?) that comes in the box.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Optimised Battery Charging worked for me just once and that was when I used to plug in the phone at night and leave it till the morning. I cannot say for sure, but I think it worked after a day or two of doing this, on a completely new iPhone 8. I have not seen that notification since, although admittedly I am not putting the phone on charging through the night anymore. This was in the first week of October with a fresh iOS 13.x beta, if memory serves me right.

I think the feature is either not completely baked yet or has very specific instances where it will kick-in. I should also say that the charger used when I used to keep it overnight was the standard small adapter (5W ...?) that comes in the box.
I kind of wondered about that part. I've only used a wireless charger since getting my 11P so I suppose that could have something to do with it.

Reactions: macintoshmac

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Is Deep Fusion working for anyone on the beta? According to Metapho, none of my photos have been "Deeply Fused" since Nov 1st. Looking at the iOS version, I noticed that pictures after that date were on 13.3 ... and not a single one is Deep Fusion. Indoor pictures, limited light, COtF disabled (obviously) but no Deep Fusion.

smartmiller

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2015
Berlin
Is Deep Fusion working for anyone on the beta? According to Metapho, none of my photos have been "Deeply Fused" since Nov 1st. Looking at the iOS version, I noticed that pictures after that date were on 13.3 ... and not a single one is Deep Fusion. Indoor pictures, limited light, COtF disabled (obviously) but no Deep Fusion.

I think Metapho doesn’t work under iOS 13.3 correct! That’s it.

Reactions: mavis

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
How is this beta as a daily driver? Any battery life improvement?

Can't quite say on battery life improvement since it is currently at a level where I do not seem to notice anything off, but sa a daily driver this is fantastic for my use. Very happy with the performance on iPhone 8.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
How is this beta as a daily driver? Any battery life improvement?

Aside from the same crappy bugs that keep popping up, this beta has been great for me.

Battery lasts 24+ hours on my iPhone 11 Pro. Best battery life I’ve seen yet with this phone.

Reactions: smartmiller
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.