Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
I get what you are saying and agree with you, our frustration is that as Beta testers we have been reporting the mail bugs since June, every beta release since iOS 13 beta 1 I have tested mail and reported that it there are bugs.

So, personally, I feel I have gone above and beyond in reporting the same bugs for 6 months and keep testing every beta release to feedback if / when they are fixed.

I will report other bugs I find, but I don’t see the point of bashing my head against a wall for the mail bugs..... YMMV and if people have mail bugs, then they should report them.... but, by not acknowledging the issue or addressing the issue Apple are not doing themselves any favours here.

At this point I believe Mail is a lost cause. Only way we’d see improvements would be with iOS 14 if I were to guess.

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2019
7432354C-C2AD-473A-8131-252A57B367D7.png
This shows up on my files. I tested out some useless images to see if it works and it doesn’t. Beta 4 no longer gives me files app recently deleted anymore Anyone knows a fix for this

Reactions: dk001

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Anybody have issues bringing up Apple Pay by double-tapping on TouchID? Most of the times my device just unlocks instead. Not sure if this is IOS issue or my bank app's issue.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Something strange happened this night. My phone was on the charger and it was already at 97%. Do not Disturb was enabled. But suddenly my screen showed some notification and the phone vibrated. But I couldn't see the notification. It just disappeared again. The vibration was different than on usual notifications. It was like Face ID failed.

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Beta 4 is more or less as good as beta 3 for me. I can't spot any performance difference on my phone now between the two. However, number badge on Mail app has become wonky, it sometimes requires me to get back into the app and open/ close a few emails to go away from the app icon. This never happened before on Mail app. On third-party apps, yes, on a couple of them, occasionally.

Reactions: MCKLMT

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
I’ll just be glad to be able to enable key chain and to get this message to go away. Any attempt to enable keychain or do as the directions ask simply results in a spinning wheel.

I had this issue too, nothing fixed it, logging out of iCloud and back in didn’t fix it, I also tried restoring from multiple different backups, I tried absolutely everything and the only thing that fixed it for me was going back to a stable version of iOS and setting my phone up as new.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Question for those of you running 13.3 beta on 2018 iPad Pro:

Standby battery drain on my 11” iPad Pro has been terrible for the last couple of dot releases or so on 13.2. Have any of you experienced that and did it improve with 13.3 beta?

Even after a DFU restore, my iPad Pro drains anywhere from 8-10% overnight just sitting there doing nothing. Not the end of the world, but still drives me crazy. A couple of days worth of that kind of standby drain puts a pretty drastic hit on actual usage hours. It doesn’t even really show anything running in the background while in standby most of the time.

Oddly enough it seems to drain at a fairly normal and stable rate while in use.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Question for those of you running 13.3 beta on 2018 iPad Pro:

Standby battery drain on my 11” iPad Pro has been terrible for the last couple of dot releases or so on 13.2. Have any of you experienced that and did it improve with 13.3 beta?

Even after a DFU restore, my iPad Pro drains anywhere from 8-10% overnight just sitting there doing nothing. Not the end of the world, but still drives me crazy. A couple of days worth of that kind of standby drain puts a pretty drastic hit on actual usage hours. It doesn’t even really show anything running in the background while in standby most of the time.

Oddly enough it seems to drain at a fairly normal and stable rate while in use.

Have you looked at what's using power?

Reactions: gwhizkids

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Have you looked at what's using power?
As I said—nothing really is. Sometimes it shows Siri for 1 minute in the background here and there, but that’s usually it. Most of the time it shows 0 background 0 onscreen in standby. After a DFU restore and fresh install of everything the problem still exists. This only started happening an update or two ago, and I’m seeing others report the same issue.

I know how to look in the battery usage screen, I know how to do a hard reboot, I know how to do a system restore, and I know how to do a DFU restore. I’ve tried all these things and am now convinced that it’s simply an iOS bug. My question is whether or not iPadOS 13.3 fixes this for anyone who might be seeing the same issue. My Google searches have shown I’m not the only one experiencing this. It’s a bug that seems to have been re-introduced when they fixed multitasking.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
I get what you are saying and agree with you, our frustration is that as Beta testers we have been reporting the mail bugs since June, every beta release since iOS 13 beta 1 I have tested mail and reported that it there are bugs.

So, personally, I feel I have gone above and beyond in reporting the same bugs for 6 months and keep testing every beta release to feedback if / when they are fixed.

I will report other bugs I find, but I don’t see the point of bashing my head against a wall for the mail bugs..... YMMV and if people have mail bugs, then they should report them.... but, by not acknowledging the issue or addressing the issue Apple are not doing themselves any favours here.

They broke images on the iTunes Store for Windows since May (on any scaling except the default 100% one which is too tiny for many). The issue have been reported by many people since then many times and Apple simply DONT CARE.
Same with this mail issue i assume so...one has to leave with it or leave it....

At least now i know it wont' be necessary to clean install ios 13.3 when it gets available next week cause it has mail bugs too...

Reactions: BadMelonFarmer

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Did this beta break audio in the Instagram app? I’m not getting any sound from stories or posts.

EDIT: things are working now. Weird.

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
View attachment 881453 This shows up on my files. I tested out some useless images to see if it works and it doesn’t. Beta 4 no longer gives me files app recently deleted anymore Anyone knows a fix for this

Can confirm I have the same issue :(
[automerge]1575999249[/automerge]
IPP 12.9 G2 - 13.3. PB4
Spell check is so frustrating. Looks like I will be turning it back off again.
Example: In Amazon (via Safari) and writing a product review. Spell check kept changing “your” to “you’re”. Once I back spaced to confirm my spelling, when I added the next word it changed “your list” to “you’re listed”. WTF?!?

Yes. Mail is still busted. Too. :confused:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.