Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I installed iOS 13.4 Betaon an iPhone 1 sx Max but the decided downgrade toIOS13.1 again but cant because Im getting the error message from my Mac 'The iPhone “iPhone” could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (9)' can anyone advise me what I can do, or failing that how do I get the backup I took before it and download it to another iPhone?

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
I installed iOS 13.4 Betaon an iPhone 1 sx Max but the decided downgrade toIOS13.1 again but cant because Im getting the error message from my Mac 'The iPhone “iPhone” could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (9)' can anyone advise me what I can do, or failing that how do I get the backup I took before it and download it to another iPhone?
If you really mean iOS 13.1 then I’m afraid that is not possible. Apple stopped signing that months ago. I think that error 9 is confirming that. However you can go back to 13.3.1 quite easily (usually) without losing any data. Since you have already tried with the 13.1 IPSW I guess you know the drill.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Thanks , Have done it now, I rebooted my Mac and put the charging cable in after I put myiphone into restore mode and it worked when I updated it. I wanted to downgrade because the problem was I wear an Apple Watch and the Apple Watch was using charge quicker so from now on while I have my Applewatch synced to the iPhone I'm using, theres no more Beta testing for me lol. The iPhone wasn't to bad but once the Apple Watch started playing tricks , enough is enough ;-).

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Thanks , Have done it now, I rebooted my Mac and put the charging cable in after I put myiphone into restore mode and it worked when I updated it. I wanted to downgrade because the problem was I wear an Apple Watch and the Apple Watch was using charge quicker so from now on while I have my Applewatch synced to the iPhone I'm using, theres no more Beta testing for me lol. The iPhone wasn't to bad but once the Apple Watch started playing tricks , enough is enough ;-).
I’m not a MAC user but if you put your phone into recovery mode don’t you lose all of your data?

I always use special key+update and mostly my data survives.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
no its jus a backup of what's on your phone . my bank has deemed their app 'networking if the phones restored or you change your phone by security code , which you just get in touch with them to reactivate it, its an online bank thats open 24/7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.