Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftmb

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
When you had your iPhone XR, did the phone ever freeze up and stop responding when using CarPlay for an extended amount of rime? In regards to your question, before I downgraded back to an XS from the 11 Pro, I upgraded both my iOS and Mini software, and it didn’t solve the problem. Another general question- are you using the mini wireless charger hookup (in the center armrest)?
With the XR worked Perfectly.
How do you update your mini software?
My car don’t have the woreless charger hookup, or if have I didn know.

Daki

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2010
IOS 13.2 did not fix it for me. Today, I set the wifi 'ask to join networks' to off and 'auto join hotspot' to never. I think it may have improved (hopeful wishing), but won't know for sure until my commute to work tomorrow. I still got drop outs when I pulled into the grocery store (around the time I was checking wifi networks and an Xfinity truck parked further down - xfinity wifi appeared on my wifi list).

With the Mini's, I think you get the wireless charging unit in the armrest if you have CarPlay (no way to separate the options), at least it was with my 2019 US model (the charger is too small for the plus/ max though). My dropouts happen whether I have it in the armrest charger or sitting out.

Reactions: JuanManApple

ftmb

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
IOS 13.2 did not fix it for me. Today, I set the wifi 'ask to join networks' to off and 'auto join hotspot' to never. I think it may have improved (hopeful wishing), but won't know for sure until my commute to work tomorrow. I still got drop outs when I pulled into the grocery store (around the time I was checking wifi networks and an Xfinity truck parked further down - xfinity wifi appeared on my wifi list).

With the Mini's, I think you get the wireless charging unit in the armrest if you have CarPlay (no way to separate the options), at least it was with my 2019 US model (the charger is too small for the plus/ max though). My dropouts happen whether I have it in the armrest charger or sitting out.
Today I tested changing the wifi settings you quoted. In my case nothing changed, the problems continued.
I checked to see if my car has the wireless charger on its armrest and it really doesn't. Mine is from Brazil. Maybe the mini didn't put this in the cars here.

JLAudio

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2019
Hi everyone.

So far so good with 13.2 and my iPhone 11 pro. It has connected every time in my car since the update on Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed!

ftmb

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
13.1.2 completely broke CarPlay for me. It worked perfectly fine on iOS 12.*.*
I liked the 13.x.x update. That of the screen still fixed in carplay while doing something else on the phone is cool.
Until I used my iphone XR in version 13.x.x everything worked perfect. The problem started when I switched to iphone 11. It wasn't because of version 13.xx.xx.
[automerge]1572531380[/automerge]
Hi everyone.

So far so good with 13.2 and my iPhone 11 pro. It has connected every time in my car since the update on Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Hi,
What your car?

ftmb

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
iOS 13.2 fixed CarPlay. Thank you
In my case I upgraded my iphone 11 to ios 13.2 since yesterday and nothing has changed. The problem with Carplay remains the same.
I tested with my previous iphone (XR) and it works normal.
For me it is clear that there is some problem of incompatibility of iphones 11 with Mini Cars. For some who have other cars here, reported no problems.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
In my case I upgraded my iphone 11 to ios 13.2 since yesterday and nothing has changed. The problem with Carplay remains the same.
I tested with my previous iphone (XR) and it works normal.
For me it is clear that there is some problem of incompatibility of iphones 11 with Mini Cars. For some who have other cars here, reported no problems.
Mini are BMW arent they and there have been reports about issues with BMWs as well so wouldnt be surprised if they are all on similar software.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
iOS 13.2 is working sooooo much better on my 2015 Hyundai Sonata. I’m actually able to control apps like Sirius and Spotify using the screen in the car and I love that you can keep gps from Waze on the screen while doing something else on the phone. Kudos Apple for fixing it

Dazzermini

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2019
I have an iPhone 11 Pro and im currently running 13.2. I have a 2019 Mini Cooper clubmen with wireless CarPlay. Ever sense I got the iPhone 11 it keeps cutting out, freezing And dropping calls and when playing music on spotify it jumps like when a cd is scratched! also when using Siri etc. Tried unpairing, turning bluetooth on/off on both the car and the device nothing helps. Any others having issues? Only happened when I changed my phone in sept I have spoken to my dealer and they have said there are a where of this and said bmw and Apple are trying to sort out and should be an update sometime soon !

fabiosato

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2017
I have an iPhone 11 Pro and im currently running 13.2. I have a 2019 Mini Cooper clubmen with wireless CarPlay. Ever sense I got the iPhone 11 it keeps cutting out, freezing And dropping calls and when playing music on spotify it jumps like when a cd is scratched! also when using Siri etc. Tried unpairing, turning bluetooth on/off on both the car and the device nothing helps. Any others having issues? Only happened when I changed my phone in sept I have spoken to my dealer and they have said there are a where of this and said bmw and Apple are trying to sort out and should be an update sometime soon !

Exaclty the same situation and Car for me... Any ideas how to fix? There is no more mini connected software update?

Dazzermini

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2019
Exaclty the same situation and Car for me... Any ideas how to fix? There is no more mini connected software update?
No soz my Mini dealer have told me they are talking to Apple about this and should be some sort of update soon or it’s change my phone been reading it’s only the iPhone 11 it’s doing it with !

MacBook08

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
California

I'm also experiencing similar wireless CarPlay issues (cutting out/freezing) with my '19 Clubman S and iPhone 11 Pro. The problem seems to be made worse by leaving the phone in my pocket. I did not have these particular issues previously with my XS Max. I've already tried a clean install of iOS and unpairing/re-pairing. Hopefully iOS 13.3 will fix this.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
Having all sorts of sorts of CarPlay issues in iOS 13. Audio cutting out when ‘eta only’ is selected. Siri is routinely slower and I always get a ‘on to it’ before it does something which didn’t happen on iOS 12. Random ‘Siri requires an internet connection’ errors when I know I have an internet connection, Siri just not showing, the whole thing locking up, random skipping when listening to music... that’s just a few things that happened in today’s 25 minutes of driving.

ftmb

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
ios 13.2.2 available. Does anyone know if they solved the problem? I still can't test it.

nickf1

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
Sydney, AU
ios 13.2.2 available. Does anyone know if they solved the problem? I still can't test it.
I installed 13.3 beta out of despair yesterday and it fixed the connectivity issue between my 11 Pro and BMW wireless CarPlay.
My guess is that the patch they created for background processes fixes the CarPlay daemon as well.
Should be similar with 13.2.2 but can’t go back to 13.2 now to tell you exactly.

Reactions: pmini

pmini

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I installed 13.3 beta out of despair yesterday and it fixed the connectivity issue between my 11 Pro and BMW wireless CarPlay.
My guess is that the patch they created for background processes fixes the CarPlay daemon as well.
Should be similar with 13.2.2 but can’t go back to 13.2 now to tell you exactly.

Stay on the beta. 13.2.2 is still very broken.
Did you have to pair your phone again?

nickf1

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
Sydney, AU
Stay on the beta. 13.2.2 is still very broken.
Did you have to pair your phone again?
Nope, it worked right away. iDrive said "Reconnecting to phone..." for like 10 sec and that was it. Hopefully yours will be fixed as well. You're using a Mini/BMW as well ?

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I've had two drives with CarPlay in 13.2.2 and it seemed a lot lot better (Wired CarPlay to aftermarket Sony head unit).

mrj412

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
I took delivery of my 2020 Mini Cooper last weekend and noticed this issue with my 11 Pro while driving through town this week. Definitely glad to know its not unique to my vehicle. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

rschellasad

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2019
San Juan, PR
I have a 2019 BMW X 1, CarPlay worked fine until I acquired a new iPhone 11 and downloaded the software, ios 13.2.2. Calls then began to drop while using CarPlay and music comes and goes. Took it to the dealer, who claims that this is an issue between BMW and Apple, which requires a software fix. Dealer does not know when the fix will be available. I

Does anyone have any information on this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.