Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
A slight difference, but i'm sure this will be one people will go nuts over..

It's only a horizontal line to indicate that its now All Caps.

I guess before no one could actually tell just like typing ? *shrugs* A niffy addition.

No Missed Notifications ? what the hell is that ? I thought Notification Center was supposed to be useful.. I'd rather it display the calls i've missed.

As for Control Center, is takes over half the screen now.... :p... I liked the old one better. There are places for full screen or sections of the screen taken up. I don't mind it in Notification center, but not control center, where it should only be a glance type view.

CC is the same as in iOS 7.0.6. The no missed notifications is just a placeholder when there are no missed notifications, if you have missed notifications it will show them. It's quite simple.

Does it bother you that much?

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
So it looks like they've ditched the translucence in the dock, folders, and Control Center in favor of a solid, drab grey background?? Or is it just me?

No, the only place where they've reduced transluceny is in Control Center. Which is strange given that Notification Center still has the same amount of translucency/opacity.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A few things which might not have been mentioned:

1. For iPhone 5, zRam is enabled by default (compressed memory which was previously only in the 5S)

2. When you enable "Reduce Transparency", cut/copy/paste popup when selecting text is a big blur box.
No blur when reducing transparency here.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Reduce Motion is worse in 7.1. Before is was a fade. (Which in my view, was better)

Now its just static... Makes anyone want to keep this option off.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Reduce Motion is worse in 7.1. Before is was a fade. (Which in my view, was better)

Seems to still fade on iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
This is still an issue in 7.1 -:

In the app store, and signing out/back in doesn't always help either

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 568

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK

Seems to still fade on iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.

......still fades on my iPhone 5 as well, with Reduce Motion turned off!

What is slightly different, however, is this:

Pre iOS 7.1, even with Reduce Motion turned on, when you were in the multi-tasking tray and you selected an open app, it would still zoom into the app, however, now, instead of the zoom, you get the fade animation within the multi-tasking tray as well.

The best bit for me at least is also this:

When you are again in the multi-tasking tray and you have, say 5 apps open and you are looking at the 5th app, before, when you hit the Home button, it would scroll through all the previous open apps to get to the Home screen, however, now, with Reduce Motion turned on, if you are on the 5th app and press the Home button, it will fade right back to the Home screen...!! Nice.....!!!

ParryD

macrumors member
May 16, 2010
I did a 7.1 OTA on my 5S & iPad Mini. A day after the update, the first time both the devices were put on charger with WiFi; they went ahead... downloaded data around 1GB & hence caused the extra filling up of the space by almost 1GB.

Now the 'OTHER' occupy 2.13GB of the disk on iPhone, which was earlier around 1.2GB. Have spoken to Apple Support, but they have not clue of such a bug. All they suggest is Restore.

Any feedback/ support to free up the 1gig.

Canyonero

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Notice how in iOS 7.1 the "try again" followed by "Enter Passcode" is in small case letters? It used to be "Try Again" with upper case in iOS 7.0. Inconsistent.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Notice how in iOS 7.1 the "try again" followed by "Enter Passcode" is in small case letters? It used to be "Try Again" with upper case in iOS 7.0. Inconsistent.
The try again only comes up after an incorrect/incomplete finger scan, so more on a secondary screen, right? Perhaps on purpose perhaps some oversight, in either case pretty much inconsequential.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I did a 7.1 OTA on my 5S & iPad Mini. A day after the update, the first time both the devices were put on charger with WiFi; they went ahead... downloaded data around 1GB & hence caused the extra filling up of the space by almost 1GB.

Now the 'OTHER' occupy 2.13GB of the disk on iPhone, which was earlier around 1.2GB. Have spoken to Apple Support, but they have not clue of such a bug. All they suggest is Restore.

What the hell were they downloading? This doesn't seem like normal behaviour.

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012

Did you update from the last iOS 7.1 beta? Then that behavior is normal.

dragje

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I'm very disappointed in Apple's services these days. Ever since I bought the newest iPad Air I experienced crashes, it had all to do with the software they told me at the official Mac store.

Never the less it took Apple months!!!! to fix this random crashing event by updating the iOS just recently. Yes the crashes are finally solved, after months, but now AirPlay sucks. Every time I play a youtube or a movie from my plex server towards my Apple TV it restarts at some given -random- point. There is no way to watch something in a relaxed mood knowing it will at some given point starts playing all over again. I've red on several forums that this is, once more, a bug.

I remember the time Apple tested their devices before launching it, but that has changed since after fixing huge bugs new ones arrive with the follow-up update. It's very unprofessional to bring out a new iOS version while that will bring up another major issue.

Bah!

ParryD

macrumors member
May 16, 2010
What the hell were they downloading? This doesn't seem like normal behaviour.

No clue, but sure the size was around 1GB. Now, did a Erase All Settings & Restored 5S from the iTunes backup. All was gone, the 'OTHER' came down to 670MB from a 2.13GB.

Did you update from the last iOS 7.1 beta? Then that behavior is normal.

No, I updated from iOS 7.0.6.

enthusiastic

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
Notifications keep the screen from turning off

When my iPhone screen is locked and I receive a notification, the screen will stay on forever from this point and I have to manually press the sleep/wake button to turn off the screen. This is extremely annoying. This has started after updating to iOS 7.1.

Anyone else with this issue?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
When my iPhone screen is locked and I receive a notification, the screen will stay on forever from this point and I have to manually press the sleep/wake button to turn off the screen. This is extremely annoying. This has started after updating to iOS 7.1.

Doesnt seem normal. Have you tried restating the phone and perhaps resetting all settings (before trying a restore if none of that works)?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

No issues here.

----------

Anyone else experience an extreme delay in the weather updating in Notification Center?

How much of delay are you talking about? Mine doesn't update instantly but it's doesn't take too long.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
How much of delay are you talking about? Mine doesn't update instantly but it's doesn't take too long.

I checked when I woke at 5am, was still listing yesterday. Opened Weather from N.C. and it listed today. Closed Weather app, checked again & still listed yesterdays temps. It finally updated to todays weather around 7:30am.

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
I'm sure this has been mentioned in 201 pages somewhere but location services still uses the old location icons, but in other areas of settings a new icon without the inner shadow is used. Drives my OCD crazy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 507

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
iOS 7: All The Little Things! (Featuring iOS 7.1)

I sometimes get a 'Slide to Answer' button and sometimes two separate buttons (red and green), one to answer and one to decline a call. Why?

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I sometimes get a 'Slide to Answer' button and sometimes two separate buttons (red and green), one to answer and one to decline a call. Why?

Think it depends whether the phone is locked or not at the point of receiving the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.