Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
This post is a wiki! Feel free to add any fixes, changes, or bugs that you have noticed while using iOS 8.1.1 Beta 1.

Fixes
  • Share menu functions reordering bug fixed.
  • iOS seems to stop purging keyboards from the memory: 3rd party keyboards before 8.1.1 seemed to be always reloading like if they were purged from the RAM. Now they're not.
  • The Spotlight bug (the keyboard not showing up) seems to be resolved.
  • The rotation bug (iOS not reacting to a position change) seems to have been resolved.
  • The battery indicator problem (percentage dropping in 2-3% increments) too, seems to have been resolved.
Changes

Bugs
  • Facebook messenger 15.0 send button don't work after first message sent
    (workaround is to go back to contact list to send your second message)
    [FIXED IN FM 15.1 Update]
  • Safari copy/ paste bug whereas copying a link via share menu sheet, paste doesn't work while trying to paste in forum and etc.
  • Searching the content of PDFs being viewed in Safari fails - always returns no matches

Last edited:

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
Things I noticed

- iOS seems to stop purging keyboards from the memory: 3rd party keyboards before 8.1.1 seemed to be always reloading like if they were purged from the RAM. Not they're not.

- The Spotlight bug (the keyboard not showing up) seems to be resolved.

- The rotation bug (iOS not reacting to a position change) seems to have been resolved.

- The battery indicator problem (percentage dropping in 2-3% increments) too, seems to have been resolved.

Last edited:

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
- iOS seems to stop purging keyboards from the memory as they don't always reload.
- The Spotlight keyboard problem seems to be resolved.
- The rotation bug seems to have been resolved.
- The battery indicator problem too, seems to have been resolved.
When listing fixes, please briefly describe the issue that is fixed. For instance, I've never seen any battery issues, but I know of multiple issues with device rotation. In no case do I actually know what you're referring to specifically.

VoilaiPhone

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Bugs//

iPhone keeps restarting every 30 minutes. Went to DFU to do fresh install

Restarting persists. Didn't have this issue in iOS 8.1

rhysmorgan

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Not a bug with iOS itself, but Facebook Messenger doesn't seem to like iOS 8.1.1 as its Send button no longer works after sending just one message. You have to return to the Friends List and try again.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Could someone with 8.1.1 do some testing with play counts sync'd to iTunes? Play a song, sync to iTunes and check the play count of that song. Play the song again and then sync again. Does it add 1 or 2 plays? Play it again, does it add 1 or 3 plays? iOS 8 does not appear to reset the play count register after each sync. I'm very interested in knowing if this will be resolved in 8.1.1.

Thanks.

Buddygor

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
Anyone try it on an iPhone 4S/iPad 2 yet? The release notes specifically state it improves speed on those two devices, but how much?

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
When listing fixes, please briefly describe the issue that is fixed. For instance, I've never seen any battery issues, but I know of multiple issues with device rotation. In no case do I actually know what you're referring to specifically.

Is it clearer now?

loftiness

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2011
Could someone with 8.1.1 do some testing with play counts sync'd to iTunes? Play a song, sync to iTunes and check the play count of that song. Play the song again and then sync again. Does it add 1 or 2 plays? Play it again, does it add 1 or 3 plays? iOS 8 does not appear to reset the play count register after each sync. I'm very interested in knowing if this will be resolved in 8.1.1.

Thanks.

played a song 4 times and sync after each play, can verify that play count updates correctly in iTunes library, hope this helps! (5S on 8.1.1)

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Not a bug with iOS itself, but Facebook Messenger doesn't seem to like iOS 8.1.1 as its Send button no longer works after sending just one message. You have to return to the Friends List and try again.

Wait for new Facebook messenger or downgrade ? Hmm dose the shift update back to 8.1 work like 8.0.1 - 8.0?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
My iPhone 6 feels a bit faster in general, but it could just be placebo effect. Time will tell if I see the stuttering problems I saw on 8.1.

My iPad Air is still clunky when it comes to manipulating the keyboard, though.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
My iPhone 6 feels a bit faster in general, but it could just be placebo effect. Time will tell if I see the stuttering problems I saw on 8.1.

My iPad Air is still clunky when it comes to manipulating the keyboard, though.

That aint gonna change. All the iPad stutter on the keyboard is due to translucent blurring effect used. Want to solve it? Get an Air 2. Its amazing. Hah

BlazingGold

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
This. Anybody?

I actually saw a video comparing 8.1 to 8.1.1 on a 4s and it looks the same. 8.1 is actually a bit faster in general use. Disappointing so far. I have a 6plus that stutters like crazy. Was hoping this update would help

rfbandit

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Looks like ApplePay isn't available as a payment option in the Uber app on 8.1.1. Can anyone else confirm?

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I actually saw a video comparing 8.1 to 8.1.1 on a 4s and it looks the same. 8.1 is actually a bit faster in general use. Disappointing so far. I have a 6plus that stutters like crazy. Was hoping this update would help

It's beta. Report it to Apple and get this fixed.

yzjustdatguy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2013
Atlanta
Is the status bar issue when viewing pictures/videos in messages fixed? The status bar continues to show when viewing a picture/video in full screen in the messages app

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Not much love for third-party keyboards unfortunately. Still the same glitches with scrolling, changing keyboards spontaneously in Messages, and various other little glitches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.