Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It seems like some of these or future ones might not really be true Wiki threads as in they really have no use of being such and someone just made them that way either accidentally or for fun, but the wiki nature of them doesn't seem to serve any use: for example, the " Everyone got a different control center" thread just seems like a thread where the wiki nature of it doesn't really have any usefulness and it's more of a regular thread than anything else (that the OP created as a Wiki thread for some unrelated reason or perhaps no reason).

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
It seems like some of these or future ones might not really be true Wiki threads as in they really have no use of being such and someone just made them that way either accidentally or for fun, but the wiki nature of them doesn't seem to serve any use: for example, the " Everyone got a different control center" thread just seems like a thread where the wiki nature of it doesn't really have any usefulness and it's more of a regular thread than anything else (that the OP created as a Wiki thread for some unrelated reason or perhaps no reason).

Haha
Your right.. I created the thread for my issue ..but made it wiki to check it out..

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
That's the advantage of a wiki, if you want to change something then do. Let the community decide.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's the advantage of a wiki, if you want to change something then do. Let the community decide.
Is that essentially to say that we can edit the list in this wiki thread to perhaps just include true wiki threads only (and not ones that aren't really wiki threads but were created as a wiki thread by accident or for fun essentially with no real reason behind it)?

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Is that essentially to say that we can edit the list in this wiki thread to perhaps just include true wiki threads only (and not ones that aren't really wiki threads but were created as a wiki thread by accident or for fun essentially with no real reason behind it)?

Yes. Exactly that if that is what the community decides. We need the community to keep the first post updated too.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The WiFi calling thread might be one that gathers information, but it isn't a Wiki thread.

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
I'm having issues making my threads wiki

I check the option, click submit, but it doesn't change the thread type...

I've tried a dozen times now on 3 threads.

Anyone has any suggestions?

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I'm having issues making my threads wiki

I check the option, click submit, but it doesn't change the thread type...

I've tried a dozen times now on 3 threads.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Did you manage to get it working? If not post links and I will take a look.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
What happened to the wiki showing apps that updated to ios 8? Would be nice to have so that we could keep up with some major apps like facebook or whatever. That way when they update with the ios 8 features. We will know.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Is there no wiki thread for photos enabled extension apps?! (There is for keyboard, home kit and HealthKit enable apps)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.