Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
@avatar-adg does the new update to the iOS app still block my browsing from the ISPs?

Hi! All the major bugs are fixed in the latest update, there should be no problems with it.
[doublepost=1504557718][/doublepost]@eclp

I am a month late, sorry:( (how do email notifications work on this forum? didn't receive anything)

Anyways, try enabling prebake or Adguard's annoyances filter, they should handle the cookie banners.

daffie

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
Holland
Been using Adguard Pro for a while on my iPhone X with ios 11.2.5. But lately the filters can't be enabled in Safari. A message pops up in the app telling me so whenever I select filters and click Done.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
Its a bug. Its been talked about in their Forum. Only thing you can do is restart Safari and Adguard and disable a filter. Its the 50000 Filter Limit

Reactions: daffie

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
This is a bit more complicated actually.

The problem is that besides the 50k limit there is a special hard-coded memory limit for Safari content blockers. This memory limit may exceed at loading time even for a smaller content blocker. It seems that at some point CB loading may start taking more memory on CB loading than usual, and when it happens the only way to fix it is to restart Safari.

I guess the only way to fix it on our side is to try to further compress the CB.

greattrika

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2017

The problem is that besides the 50k limit there is a special hard-coded memory limit for Safari content blockers. This memory limit may exceed at loading time even for a smaller content blocker. It seems that at some point CB loading may start taking more memory on CB loading than usual, and when it happens the only way to fix it is to restart Safari.

I guess the only way to fix it on our side is to try to further compress the CB.
The DNS feature in Adguard Pro. This feature a fake DNS, also a local DNS function? No privacy problems?

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Is there any update on the new version of Adguard for system-wide ad blocking without using DNS server?

I am still using the old version (pre-iOS11 which had fake VPN for system-wide ad blocking on device), but when I go to update filters, it gives an error.. after retrying to update for 5-6 times, filters get updated. Is it because it's an older version or something on the server side?

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
The DNS feature in Adguard Pro. This feature a fake DNS, also a local DNS function? No privacy problems?

Depends on what DNS server you choose, you may want to check their privacy policies first.

Is there any update on the new version of Adguard for system-wide ad blocking without using DNS server?

v2.0 is in beta test right now. It does not fully return it, but you can achieve the same functionality by properly setting it up.

zz_nosa_r

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2015
Hell
I’m an AdGuard Pro v2.0 beta tester! I am telling you all now (with feelings) it’s bloody awesome. :):););) *DNSCrypt*

hank moody

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2015
filters enabled right now:

english
social
annoyances
spanish
mobile
safari

easyprivacy
fanboy annoyances

adblock warning
anti-facebook

≈50k again.

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2015
Moscow
It's not too long till the updated optimization algorithm makes to production. Easylist/English filter will be further compressed and that'd help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.