Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

zkap

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2019
Dark mode is really growing on me. I even went into the Photos app to edit the wallpaper I had been using and now it’s a darker version of it. I like it more now than I did a couple of days ago when I updated.

Also, unplugged from the charger yesterday at 6.30 PM, came home from work today at 6:15 PM and the battery was at 68%. The OS feels snappy. I’m not noticing lag and it just generally feels fluid.

The only issue I’ve encountered is that I cannot quick reply from the lock screen anymore.

zkap

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2019
Now that I’m running iOS 13 on my iPhone, I really want to update my iPad to iPad OS. So I’m wondering if I should wait for the official release on Tuesday or will installing the public beta give a more advanced version of the operating system? Sort of like the general release of iOS 13.0 for the iPhone while and the public betas are on 13.1. Is the most public beta is for iPadOS an updated version of iPadOS that will release on Tuesday?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I don’t know what will be up for download once iPad OS is released tomorrow, just wanted to let you know I installed the latest available beta on Saturday and it’s running just fine. iPad Air 2 is a little slower (I am noticing slight lag when pressing something, it sometimes takes a moment to respond and open the app), but generally it’s all good. The minor bug here or there doesn’t bother me, I chalk it up as inevitable at this point.

If you want to install the beta, go ahead. I have it on my iPad Pro 10,5 also, no problems.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Do the latest versions of iOS 13.1 beta still allow for iPad home screen to have a 5-across icon grid? (Instead of 6-across)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
this dam exclamation mark:

Messages open fine, but on introduction i cancelled it, because all i wanted was to straight to messages.. I didn't care about what Apple says as an introduction if i am not gonna use something.. now i wish i had gone through it, just to clear this (Attached)

I tried turning off Notifications for Messages and back to but it just re-appears..

Apart from that, Messages opens fine.

It annoys me that Apple has this fixation on "you must do this, even if our never gonna use it"

Its why the Settings app is still badges as "finish setting up" as i don't use iCould, so why should i do this.. just to remove badge icon?

Attachments

• IMG_0001 copy.png
    IMG_0001 copy.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 144

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
this dam exclamation mark:

Messages open fine, but on introduction i cancelled it, because all i wanted was to straight to messages.. I didn't care about what Apple says as an introduction if i am not gonna use something.. now i wish i had gone through it, just to clear this (Attached)

I tried turning off Notifications for Messages and back to but it just re-appears..

Apart from that, Messages opens fine.

It annoys me that Apple has this fixation on "you must do this, even if our never gonna use it"

Its why the Settings app is still badges as "finish setting up" as i don't use iCould, so why should i do this.. just to remove badge icon?

For the setup one...just go in there and select it like you read it and it goes away for good. It makes sense when you realize that a lot of people are so anxious to use their phones, they blow through the initial setup and then can't find things like iCloud or passcode or other stuff that probably should be set up normally.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I love the number of apps fitting on the screen! Though it looks great in landscape mode, does anyone think it looks a bit "off" in portrait mode?

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
My favorite little iOS 13 change is that the lockscreen music controls are FINALLY back to a light theme. I really didn’t like the dark controls from iOS 12 at all.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Anyone notice a bluetooth icon / bar show up on left side of screen near volume buttons while in a car? It just sort of ops up when i'm opening or switching apps. Not sure what the use is. perhaps notifying me i can use it via Bluetooth in car?

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
One nice fix or add is
Calling Siri and having two devices listening , before was making all my Siris “crazy”
Now if one Siri hears the “ding dong” of the second Siri , the first one goes away, or viceversa!

Update: not all the times....

Last edited:

person s

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2005
a couple of things
I sent my wife a screenshot via imessage
she tried to stretch it to read the text
it wouldn’t work
in a web forum I use regularly - same software as this - there’s an issue with selecting text
this has happened before with previous updates

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Much as I like iOS 13, it’s disappointing that Apple, once again, have failed to refresh the library of stock tones and notification sounds. They’re seriously dated now and most of them sound downright obnoxious.

Reactions: George Dawes

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I don't remember noticing this in the early iPad OS betas, but it's now there across iOS 13.1.1 & iPadOS 13.1.1 -

Live photos where "live" has been disabled now have an indicator to show that (much like the live, HDR ones, portrait)

Reactions: gwhizkids

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Speaking of live photos: I heard that (didn't test it yet myself) that when taking a few live photos consecutively and play them the animation won't stop after the first one but instead show you basically a video of all live photos combined ?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
This multiple windows thing is throwing me off. I accidentally closed a safari page with all of the tabs I needed (over a dozen of them), is there no way to recover?

I don’t see them in my history

Last edited:

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
This multiple windows thing is throwing me off. I accidentally closed a safari page with all of the tabs I needed (over a dozen of them), is there no way to recover?
if it was a private window, no way to recover them all. If it was a normal window check your history and you should be able to recover all of them

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
For the setup one...just go in there and select it like you read it and it goes away for good. It makes sense when you realize that a lot of people are so anxious to use their phones, they blow through the initial setup and then can't find things like iCloud or passcode or other stuff that probably should be set up normally.

Actually i just updated to 13.1 and problem went away. The exclaimation mark was always there,,,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.