Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
I’ll have to drive around a bit more, but I have not seen it yet in the SW burbs.

In aid of science, I have driven just inside the city limits of Boston to a culinarily delightful facility named after the descendants of the Scottish Clann Dòmhnaill in search of the elusive traffic signals. No dice.

After I finish my Meal Numero Uno, I shall recommence my quest by venturing further into Boston.

Reactions: MozMan68

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
In aid of science, I have driven just inside the city limits of Boston to a culinarily delightful facility named after the descendants of the Scottish Clann Dòmhnaill in search of the elusive traffic signals. No dice.

After I finish my Meal Numero Uno, I shall recommence my quest by venturing further into Boston.

Drove quite a way into Boston, along with Brookline and Newton. No traffic signals or stop signs.

Reactions: MozMan68

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
So glad Apple put in settings to turn off Autoplay in Photos and TV apps. Can’t believe Apple caved and did that.

Would downgrade to iOS 12 if WatchOS 6 didn’t require it, so far not a fan.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Did Apple break 3D touch? Haven't updated yet to 13.1.2 (I'm still on 13.1), I turn "off" 3D touch in Accessibility, but i can still use it from Home screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    492.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 114

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
3D touch is not haptic touch. If you turn 3D touch off, haptic touch still works. Then latter is basically a long-press with a vibrating "kick" on activation. You can just lightly touch the icon and it'll activate.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
I have a strange bug on my iPad Air 3, and iPadOS 13.1.1.

After you use an app, the icon for that app lands in the dock on the right side of the dock divide. Well, after using the youtube app, it lands in the dock, but then you can't launch it from there - you click on it, and nothing happens. Other apps - both native and third party - seem to have no problems, at least of the ones that I tried. YMMV. Anyone else seeing this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have a strange bug on my iPad Air 3, and iPadOS 13.1.1.

After you use an app, the icon for that app lands in the dock on the right side of the dock divide. Well, after using the youtube app, it lands in the dock, but then you can't launch it from there - you click on it, and nothing happens. Other apps - both native and third party - seem to have no problems, at least of the ones that I tried. YMMV. Anyone else seeing this?
Sounds like you might want to try https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-13-1-1-―-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2202131/ or https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-13-1-2-―-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2202758/

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
When you ask Siri to make a phone call, it is now defaulting to making the call using the speakerphone. At least when operating it handsfree. Don’t recall that before; you used to have to say “Call so and so using the speaker”.

PeterK44

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2017
When you ask Siri to make a phone call, it is now defaulting to making the call using the speakerphone. At least when operating it handsfree. Don’t recall that before; you used to have to say “Call so and so using the speaker”.

I just discovered that today, too. Doesn’t have to be hands free.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010

Been that way for awhile now. I hate it because I often forget and bring the phone to my ear and get blasted by the volume. I hope they add an option to turn it off.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Yeah, unfortunately with Forbes they mostly suffer from “the boy who cried wolf” condition, especially when it comes to iOS.

There is definitely some institutional dislike of Apple at Forbes. This is just as bad as overt fanboy-ism by other journalistic organizations.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Has anyone had an issue with iPadOS whereby the double tap on a webpage no longer zooms to screen width.

It still works on my iPhone XSMax, and my Mac Pro (Magic Mouse Tap Gesture), but not on my iPad Air2.

Quit annoying actually, I used that gesture a lot.

EDIT:

Never mind... I changed my search criteria and found that many people have the same problem. It appears to be an OS bug...

Last edited:

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I do not know if this has been said before, but segmented buttons in apps have depth and 3D look and feel.

View attachment 870275

Looks like we are ready to admit that flat design is just wrong, at least for UI elements.

Still "flat design" IMHO.

When Apple first went to this type of design, the objections seemed to be around what would the OTHER buttons look like in this instance? In your example above, the other "buttons" are completely flat and don't look like buttons at all or "buttons that are off."

The slight shadowing of the "on" button is nothing more than a way to exemplify the fact that it is selected...you can choose to do this with colors, shadowing (as they have), etc.

Still "flat."

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
When will there be a dedicated section of this forum to iPadOS just like macOS and iOS?

Reactions: fredrik9
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.